PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Optimus Problems

Kobest
06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Just reporting a problem with a laptop with Nvidia Optimus Geforce GT540M. I installed the game, then immediately ran it, only to notice later that my laptop used the integrated GPU to run the game. This was because of my battery settings (I set it up so that the laptop would only use the integrated GPU in order to save battery). The game started, of course, and I quit after seeing the Social Club login screen.

The problem is that when I set everything up for the powerful GPU to run the game, the updater starts, finds everything alright, then the game crashes with "MaxPayne3.exe stopped working."

Too bad, especially when seeing Nvidia "The way it's meant to be played" logo in the credits. :( Hope they fix it soon!

BorgaXxX
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Same problem . I can play with integrated intel graphic set but cant play with GT635M .

Kenjirus
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Try going to the nvidia panel and going to manage 3d settings and then go to global and change it from auto to high end as default, works for me and im using a 540m, only problem i have with max payne 3 is that the grass is messed up for me

karoollo
06-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I have excatly the same problem. I can't play on my 525m, but i can play with integrated intel graphic. I have written to Rockstar about this issue and they answered that they will be working on fix.I have a retail version of MP3.

Kobest
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I think they fixed it recently, I could play on my 540M without any problems over the weekend. :D Also make sure that your battery settings aren't forcing the integrated graphics card!

deVIL132
07-05-2012, 04:18 AM
I think they fixed it recently, I could play on my 540M without any problems over the weekend. :D Also make sure that your battery settings aren't forcing the integrated graphics card!

yeah. I have the same problem "GT635M" hopefully they will fix that problem soon. Really want to play that game :(