PDA

View Full Version : Terrible game.... lost all my saves!

DarkHades
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Now that i have your attention... the game is awesome but...

I have just played to the sniper part in the cemetary in one run... the game locked up and i had to force restart my machine... loaded max payne back up and all my saves are gone...

there is no continue and no chapter select... that is why it's a ♥♥♥♥ game...

no autosave function after each level? you lazy ♥♥♥♥s....

DarthPsymon
06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
So is this a design problem thread focused on saving progress, or about a bug that wipes saves?

JustAnotherFan
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
So, the game is terribad because you didn't make a hard save? Your logic astounds me.

DarkHades
06-01-2012, 05:14 PM
So, the game is terribad because you didn't make a hard save? Your logic astounds me.

First of all you can't make a hard save... you have to rely on the games auto save and why would i feel the need to log out of the game and make a backup of my saves on my first run into the game...

you're an idiot sir

Epic Acid
06-01-2012, 05:24 PM
First of all you can't make a hard save... you have to rely on the games auto save and why would i feel the need to log out of the game and make a backup of my saves on my first run into the game...

you're an idiot sir

I haven't been able to play the game yet because i am experiencing the launcher problem, but im a little confused. Theres no save feature in the game? Its all auto-saves? That doesn't seem right to me, and im sure if you played to that part you would of hit some auto-saves. If there is a way to save on the menu without hitting auto-saves why would you have not done that randomly up to that point anyway?

DarkHades
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I haven't been able to play the game yet because i am experiencing the launcher problem, but im a little confused. Theres no save feature in the game? Its all auto-saves? That doesn't seem right to me, and im sure if you played to that part you would of hit some auto-saves. If there is a way to save on the menu without hitting auto-saves why would you have not done that randomly up to that point anyway?

It's only auto saves and i had auto save on but because the game crashed it cleared all the saves.... the game must save your saves when you click exit game but because it crashed just cleared them.... ridiculous if you ask me..

Laivasse
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
A similar thing just happened to me. Earlier I completed chapter 3 and started on chapter 4, then exited the game cleanly through the menu, assuming it auto-saved the beginning of the chapter.

Having just started the game again, I find 'Continue' greyed out and the chapter select only has chapter 2 unlocked! What happened to all my progress in chapter 3 and the chapter 4 opening?? Not a single auto-save remains?

I wouldn't mind so much were it not for the fact that this is now my third time playing through chapters 1-3, having restarted the game on a different difficulty. So, people, please get your facts straight when saying idiot stuff like 'hard save then, logic boy' - there is no hard save, just like LA Noire.

Have to say I'm loving the game, but making sure your save function works is surely the most basic of design elements. It's like the game development equivalent of wiping your ♥♥♥, yet R* apparently don't know how to do it.

dethwin
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Can add me to the list. Was playing fine in chapter 2 and game went black and crashed. Restarted and acted like a brand new game. Have gotten past that point now and so far saving and letting me continue at least but now a little worried for the next time it happens.

Coupe
06-01-2012, 07:17 PM
A similar thing just happened to me. Earlier I completed chapter 3 and started on chapter 4, then exited the game cleanly through the menu, assuming it auto-saved the beginning of the chapter.

Having just started the game again, I find 'Continue' greyed out and the chapter select only has chapter 2 unlocked! What happened to all my progress in chapter 3 and the chapter 4 opening?? Not a single auto-save remains?

I wouldn't mind so much were it not for the fact that this is now my third time playing through chapters 1-3, having restarted the game on a different difficulty. So, people, please get your facts straight when saying idiot stuff like 'hard save then, logic boy' - there is no hard save, just like LA Noire.

Have to say I'm loving the game, but making sure your save function works is surely the most basic of design elements. It's like the game development equivalent of wiping your ♥♥♥, yet R* apparently don't know how to do it.

Exact same issue here. Going to play multiplayer until the save game issue can be fixed.

Chani
06-02-2012, 08:59 AM
i had no savegames at all after playing for 2 hrs last night.

then i verified the game cache and started the game. then it asked me to activate the game in social club (didn't before). since then, the autosaves are now working.

hope it stays that way.