PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for the rooftop level?

Wurzel_Pummage
06-02-2012, 04:46 AM
I've been absolutely loving this game but have now reached a part where it seems the developers thought "Right, that's enough fun for this game. Time to exchange it for ultimate irritation and rage inducement."

Despite the face-meltingly annoying building quakes throwing me around and shaking up my aim, I can get by all the small guys with only a minor raise in blood pressure. My big beef is with the minigun guy. It takes a good few minutes to reach him and he seems to take great pride in one-shotting me, even when I'm in cover and sending me back to the start of the section. I must have spent 2 of my 10 hours of game time trying to do this section and feel like I am about to give up with the game which is a shame.

Any tips on how to defeat a guy in full body armour spraying 1-shot-kill bullets constantly would be greatly appreciated :p

EDIT: I think my pain would have been lessened if we still had quick saves. God knows why they scrapped the idea

DeadMac
06-02-2012, 04:59 AM
run at him get near has you can and spray like a mother , bigger the target more chance to hit it :) plus try to headshot him if you can if on hardcore make sure you have pills

Wurzel_Pummage
06-02-2012, 05:01 AM
run at him get near has you can and spray like a mother , bigger the target more chance to hit it :) plus try to headshot him if you can if on hardcore make sure you have pills

I shall try this charge tactic and see how it goes. Thanks mate :)

Neverpleased
06-02-2012, 09:39 AM
You know those stairs where the wall explodes? The guy that dies in that explosion carries a really powerful gun. Pick up that gun and use it against that armour dude.

The best way I did it was to put on bullet time. Walk to one side, then dodge jump towards/away from him. If you hit every bullet you should only need 1 clip to take him down.

It also doesn't matter if you get hit with bullets AFTER you kill him because you should kill him during the dodge jump meaning the cutscene that gets triggered after his death makes you invulnerable.

smokes
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
That part took me a couple of trys aswell. At the end i took cover from the powerful dude, switched bullet time and just pumped all the ♥♥♥♥ing ammo i had in his face. just as i was getting out of ammo he was done.

It was a rather annoying part indeed, and wouldnt have been half as annoying if they put some more checkpoints, but no, of course they make you start the part all over again ...