PDA

View Full Version : Thief 2 - "Casing the Joint" buggy ?

Todi
06-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Hey Guys,

i just finished the 12th mission in Thief 2 and now iam at the "Casing the Joint" mission, where i need to complete the goals without using any violence against anyone. My problem here is now, that i cannot walk through that secret door on top of that little stable; even if i completely open the door it wonīt let me through it and i stuck inside it. Anyone else got this problem :( ? I cannot play this mission if i canīt use that door. The other ways is guarded by a guard and the missions fails if i do anything to him (he stands right in front of a door).

OakNut
06-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I just runned into same problem. I just jumped a few times towards secret passage and managed to pass.

Todi
06-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, i somehow managed to get through the frontdoor; used a noisemaker arrow to distract the guard and picklocked the door (how the ♥♥♥♥ did i do that in time?) and now iīm inside too :D

pigtailsboy
06-25-2012, 01:32 AM
I actually did some tests to find out why that was happening. I threw a remote eye to the ground while standing on the roof and found that I was indeed walking on a surface that was bellow the roof itself which not only makes it less possible to jump but also prevents you from taking a step up through the doorway.

xonoking
06-26-2012, 04:38 AM
You can climb on the roof and jump (smash in) through a window in the north end of the garden. You simply have to run-jump to reach the ledge.

monstra4ka
05-07-2014, 05:17 AM
In case someone needs it again. I encountered this bug last week, and managed to get in anyway. The key is to pull up to the roof "correctly", it's possible. When you are up there you can check the "correctness" by trying to jump - if you can jump normally you probably can enter the secret door. My best shot is to get up to the roof from the furthest crate from the wall (not the highest), and after about 5 attempts I usually manage to get in.