PDA

View Full Version : New Voyager, Wrong F4 Hud?

Sceptr
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I've noticed the F4 Hud on my new Voyager is the one normally used for diesels with the throttle, reverser & brake levers enabled but unusable.

Before the upgrade the Voyager & the Pendolino used a F4 Hud that had the brake lever disabled so that we used the throttle lever as throttle & brake combined, now i can't use the F4 Huds levers with my mouse & i'm forced to use my keyboard or the actual cab lever.

Anyone else have the wrong F4 Hud?

FootplateManWSR
06-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes. Also means I can't use my RailDriver either

Sceptr
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Ahh, i'm sorry to hear that FootplateManWSR, at least i now know i'm not the only one with the wrong F4 Hud so thankyou for your quick reply. :)

Rafair7643
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Guys,

Think you'll find that the manual mentions that you should not use the F4 hud with this one.

It's more "in depth" requiring more button pushes etc.

Sceptr
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Guys,

Think you'll find that the manual mentions that you should not use the F4 hud with this one.

It's more "in depth" requiring more button pushes etc.

Thanks for that Rafair, guess what, i did'nt "RTFM". :)

Anyway, quoted from the manual...

"Note: To use the full range of features available in Voyager Advanced, you should
ensure that ‘Expert’ mode is enabled in the Settings. Additionally, whilst the [F4]
HUD controls can be used to drive the locomotive, we recommend that you use the
mouse to click/drag items in the cab or use the keyboard-based controls. The [F4]
HUD panel may not show the same settings (such as lever positions) as the in-cab
controls if you are attempting to use both the simplified HUD controls and also the
in-cab controls."

Fool proof i guess but i think by now Railworkers kinda got the gist that the F4 Hud can be a little off setting for the majority of times & so it would be nice if WE COULD use the mouse for the F4 levers.

I love how Just Trains mentions the limitations (elsewhere in the manual) of the host simulator for the lack of some functions that could have been. :D

dakta01
06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
be honest im struggling with this one, as a lot of the time im pressing keys that dont seem to have any effect, then suddenly they do have effect then suddenly don't again,

gave up after an hour (despite reading the manual lol) and not been able to move an inch

not having the hud also concerns me - i use it to see where throttle is as i cant stand having to look away just to see what throttle ive got on etc, so i hope it's possible should i work out what the problem is or what im doing wrong.

Samwolf
06-02-2012, 05:42 PM

I wish RSC and Raildriver would get together to get the combined throttle engines to work properly. There's also a few engines where the brake lever won't work.:mad:

FootplateManWSR
06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I wish RSC and Raildriver would get together to get the combined throttle engines to work properly. There's also a few engines where the brake lever won't work.:mad:
Sam, is that a squadron of pigs I spy...

Actually I don't really care about not seeing the F4 HUD for the Voyager because I can see all my controls at a glance on my RailDriver. Er what??!! No I can't! Because it doesn't work with this DLC. :mad:
I have to wave my mouse around like a dervish to achieve immersion. :(

The thing is, I really like the Voyager. And I'll use it but...
describing it as being 'advanced' whilst forcing me from my bespoke controller back to the keyboard seems a bit much.
Next thing you know, we'll be loading our DLC from audio cassette :D