PDA

View Full Version : Done standing by and letting this go on.

Metal_Izanagi
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
We need to get Capcom's attention, as a community. I sent a support request six days ago regarding the DLC and sound issues, and the form stated that I would get a response within 24 to 48 hours. Nothing so far. I'm sure they've gotten a few support requests, and the community forums(That the devs apparently don't even visit) are full of complaints. Slant Six has responded to attempts to reach them, but say to wait for Capcom to send out news regarding updates and DLC.

So, I propose we take it to Capcom. Keep bugging them until they acknowledge us. This game is /broken/ and needs to be fixed. The issues I've seen a lot of people with so far:

1 - Audio cutting out

1 - DLC not working for Steam users

3 - Certain levels having game-breaking glitches, like the elevator in Redemption dropping a player or two through the floor, then spawning two Super Tyrants in an unreachable spot.

4 - Multiplayer(Both campaign and versus) having synch issues, resulting in invisible players with their "bodies" stuck at spawn, only able to be killed there, along with at times, invisible zombies and BOWs.

5 - Graphics being messed-up in Corruption(in one of the rooms full of pillars, the shadows are really blocky)

6 - No way to walk because of the lack of analog sticks on a keyboard.(Tapping a direction repeatedly is not an acceptable solution. A keybinding is necessary.)

This is /not/ a thread for complaining about the game mechanics, or stuff like how some weapons seem too powerful, or bosses having too much health. We need to /not/ confuse ourselves with people whining about balance. Capcom is much more likely to listen to legitimate concerns, rather than things Slant Six put in on-purpose.

So, let's get this party started. If you haven't sent Capcom Support a complaint already, do that here:

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/Content/pbPage.CapcomSupport

If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, send them messages and make posts on their pages here:

https://www.facebook.com/capcomunity?ref=ts
https://twitter.com/#!/Capcom_Unity

Be heard!

If you have other information on ways our voices can be heard, post them here. Keep this thread clean of trolling, flaming, insults, etc. We're here to get this game fixed; not look like a bunch of /b/tards.

Live2bcool
06-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Sorry man, but seeing Max Payne 3 just released (Which is the best ♥♥♥♥ing game ever) this game is as good as dead. No support for 2 weeks with problems that are game breaking. I aleady moved on.

KayJayKiD
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
If capcom won't fix it (and that's what I guess), I don't think RE6 will sell well on PC. I'm afraid that many people will pirate RE6 for repayment reasons because they lost money on an (unacceptable) glitched game called RE operation raccoon city and somehow I would understand it (even though self-administered justice is wrong we all know), but then capcom would blame the customers rather than seeing the fault on themselves like it's always been in this industry.
I'm just glad I only paid 14,99€ for RE ORC.

Metal_Izanagi
06-03-2012, 07:54 PM
If capcom won't fix it (and that's what I guess), I don't think RE6 will sell well on PC. I'm afraid that many people will pirate RE6 for repayment reasons because they lost money on an (unacceptable) glitched game called RE operation raccoon city and somehow I would understand it (even though self-administered justice is wrong we all know), but then capcom would blame the customers rather than seeing the fault on themselves like it's always been in this industry.
I'm just glad I only paid 14,99 for RE ORC.

That's pretty much exactly what's going to happen with a lot of people, because the average consumer isn't going to take that chance of being fooled again, even if RE6 is developed by Capcom, and not Slant Six, as ORC was. Slant Six is to blame for ORC, but they're sort of "shielded" from all of this by Capcom, whom they can defer to regarding updates and DLC announcements, because they're the publisher.

To a lot of people, myself included, it looks like Capcom is totally okay with Slant Six putting out a broken game and forgetting about it.(If you look at Slant Six's Twitter and Facebook pages, they're basically having the time of their lives with RE-related gear from Capcom, and fans clamoring for a new SOCOM game. They respond to those people with "We're listening to our fans!" but tell anyone that asks about a patch, "Capcom will announce any updates or DLC."

They've already moved on from ORC, and only Capcom kicking them around a bit will get their attention, and only then because it's probably in their contract or something. Slant Six basically took the money and ran.

LeXTC
06-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Apparently this game was a big seller in Japan. I've been looking for news related to Japanese gamers complaining about the same problems we've been having with the game, but have yet to see anything worth mentioning. Maybe Japanese gamers aren't as vocal about complaints, or something.

yurieu
06-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry man, but seeing Max Payne 3 just released (Which is the best ♥♥♥♥ing game ever) this game is as good as dead. No support for 2 weeks with problems that are game breaking. I aleady moved on.

you guy is right. as the market principle, with the newest releases, the E3, this game already become past.

Boe-Os
06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
You can add this to the list of problems http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2708226

Metal_Izanagi
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Doesn't matter if it's "past." I paid my $40, and expect a working product, as do many others that seem to share my sentiments. Either be a solution, or be a problem trying to be a solution.(Thank you Max Payne 3. :D)

yurieu
06-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Doesn't matter if it's "past." I paid my $40, and expect a working product, as do many others that seem to share my sentiments. Either be a solution, or be a problem trying to be a solution.(Thank you Max Payne 3. :D)

yes, our money will be a valuable money doenst matter how time passes.

but as the time passes, our voice will fade...

its sad we dont have a real policy for software market.

YourD3ATH311
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
yes, our money will be a valuable money doenst matter how time passes.

but as the time passes, our voice will fade...

its sad we dont have a real policy for software market.

Our only strong policy is...

BOYCOT AND PETITIONS

Maybe they dont care about us now but they absolutly care about advertissements. The best plan would be to get attentions from strong video game channels like game one on this.
Companies hate bad advertissements

MrXGamer
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Capcom has this poor unprofessional habit of ditching PC games that don't sell well. I remember the same thing happened to Lost Planet 2. It had something to do with patch incompatibility with Steam version. They fixed it MONTHS later after the game completely died.

There was a time when Capcom made excellent ports to PC. Now they are just into quick money grabs.

rabish12
06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
That's pretty much exactly what's going to happen with a lot of people, because the average consumer isn't going to take that chance of being fooled again, even if RE6 is developed by Capcom, and not Slant Six, as ORC was. Slant Six is to blame for ORC, but they're sort of "shielded" from all of this by Capcom, whom they can defer to regarding updates and DLC announcements, because they're the publisher.
Wrong. I'm close to someone at Slant Six (for what it's worth with me saying that on the internet, and given that I can't really say who since I'm a little worried they might get in trouble with their employer), and they've been working on patching the game since it was released. Capcom's response to the various fixes to the game has been 1) that they don't like the way the fix is handled, 2) that they don't want to implement the fix because it's possible that it might break something else (as though the game isn't already so broken that this honestly isn't a concern), or 3) near-complete apathy and indifference toward both the issues and the work done to fix them. As a result, SS has more or less been doing the same work repeatedly to fix the same issues, with those issues constantly being shot down by Capcom.

The unfortunate part is that Slant Six isn't just in a position where they can defer to Capcom, they're in a position where they simply around allowed to say a whole lot without Capcom's consent. They can't say that they're working on a patch until Capcom actually starts approving things. They can't say which features will be fixed until Capcom tells them which fixes are going to be allowed and which they're allowed to mention. They can't even say that several of their employees have been working obscene overtime trying to get the game fixed when its publisher doesn't give two ♥♥♥♥s about it.

Also worth noting that in general, Capcom is pretty notoriously bad for forcing enormously stupid design decisions on third parties that are developing for them. With ORC I don't want to get into too much detail (again, don't want to see anyone get into trouble), but there are some pretty well-known examples of it outside of that game, like Dante looking absolutely nothing like Dante in Ninja Theory's DmC game (people blame Ninja Theory for that, but Capcom actually forced them into changing the design).

EDIT: And just as a bit of general information for everyone here: in situations like this, where a third-party developer is working this closely with a publisher and working on a franchise that's as closely tied to their publisher as this one is, they're almost never allowed to provide any information regarding how they came to any of their decisions, how much control they were given over the development (unless the answer is "a lot", which is almost never the case), or what fixes are on the way and when to expect them. It's not a matter of them being able to brush off the questions, it's a matter of them not being legally allowed to answer them.

And before I forget, the PC version wasn't handled by Slant Six. It was ported by yet another studio (not that the console versions run much better)

yurieu
06-07-2012, 11:11 PM
this is like the OEM software. i have many problems with my blu ray player software, but i only can complain to HP, but SW is cyberlink.

maybe capcom waited till finishing E3 to announce fix to this game.

YourD3ATH311
06-08-2012, 02:36 AM
@rabbish : Why doesnt SS show all the complains of their customers to capcom? It is also their responsablity to do this.
This is not our problem if their managements sux and we do not have to pay for this.

If you re close to a SS developer so tell him to read all the complains here and he would show this to capcom. Man, We would be so thankfull because we re so pi$$ed off about nothing happens yet

maybe capcom waited till finishing E3 to announce fix to this game.

Yes this is exactly what i was thinking first. Like if fixing their unprofessional work isnt their priority but i wonder if they just simply dont give a $hit

Boe-Os
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Personally I heavily scrutinise games and companies before I buy, I dont really like how the game industry is going.

I haven't really had much experience with Capcom since the likes of Streetfighter2 back in the 90's, and I haven't really played any Slantsix stuff neither. So my first hand knowledge of the companies were pretty limited. I know alot of people moaned about GFWL, but every GFWL game I've played I personally haven't had a problems, although I know many have. I Personally dont find it a "good thing" by anymeans but was willing to let it slide.

I knew this game was going to be a console port, and I had read many reviews about the game prior to pre-ordering. Many of the reviews from the critics absolutely slagged it off, you could say that was the first warning sign. However I felt many of the reviews (which were from console) reasons didn't justify the scores. Also not many of the console bugs were ever touched upon by the reviews, that I had read. Also many of the Critic reviews are complete rubbish anyways, too many good games get bad reviews, and bad games getting good reviews, so that is always another barrier to blur judgement.

I am a Resident Evil fan, however my Resident Evil liking came from Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 on the playstation 1, I didnt mind Veronica. I also owned Resident Evil ports 1,2 and 3 on PC. However I never really liked Resident Evils 4 onwards, the storylines didnt do it for me, felt the lore had steered off course from the original concept, to my tastes anyways. I personally didn't own any Resident Evil games post Veronica, my brother had played them, and I had seen walkthroughs, and seen much footage online. So this revisitng of the 2-3 timeline, with a shooter aspect, which I also like sparked my interest.

I know console ports can be bad for performance on PC's, and they can have initial problems. I did not expect it to be this bad though, I also didnt think the customer base would get treated this badly (complete silence). The Game for me is really bad due to its bugs, the actual gameplay isnt too bad, single player is abit shallow, multiplayer has its place. However the conduct of both companies involved quite frankly is terrible, business wise (day 1 DLC) and service wise.

You just have to look around and see how active this Steam forum is now, practically a few weeks after launch and its already dead! Me and 2 friends bought this game, 1 could only play it outside of steam because they had performance issues, and when they tried to play online they got BSOD's. Both Me and my other friend had various other bugs, e.g. I can only play certain characters if not their abilities crash me to desktop. The SOUNDBUG omg! I'm sorry I know different people have different feelings towards this, but for me it's MASSIVE! in a multiplayer shooting game, it's like going blind! All 3 of us couldnt bring ourselves to play anymore, no longer than only 2 weeks after its launch. SAD.

I feel totally ripped off, let down, and have a bitter taste in my mouth. Can quite safely say I wont be buying a Capcom product ever again. Yet another company I can add to the ranks of EA and ActivisionBlizzard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
P.s.

As for the person who mentioned boycott, I agree you can personally boycott and save yourselves individually, but mass boycotts do not work! You just have to look at other game boycotts of the past i.e. on day one of launch of MW2, over half the boycott was playing the game, hypocrisy at its finest. Many gamers rant, and state their distates but never put their money, where their mouths are. You just cant rely on others, only yourselves, hence the rather sad "see you at launch" meme posted by trolls. The market has too many uncaring, irrational fanbois and ignorant people to initiate a successful mass boycott.

rob0976
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
You got that right if i paid for something i want it working right! All they care about is money there should be a lemon law for PC games!

Metal_Izanagi
06-09-2012, 09:36 AM
So, it seems something paid off, somewhere along the line. There's already a patch out for the retail version of ORC, and I'm sure the Steam patch is soon to follow.