PDA

View Full Version : Invasion progress bar

xiriod
06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
After the beta-patch I no longer have any progress-bar for when I invade planets. I have no idea if I'm even making a dent. The AI sends smaller fleets to take over my systems and does so inside my territory after 7 turns or so. I've been sitting on a system for 15 turns and still no indication of any surrender. Is this a new intended feature or something unexpected? Anyone else notice this?

Read the patch log, but didn't say anything about removing the progress-bar though. ;)

Wolfe1759
06-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I had the same problem

Have a look here http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?3954-Feedback-about-Invasion/page2 post 25 (page 2)

SlOwH4nD
06-06-2012, 02:12 AM
This changed for the Beta - the Invasion bar is now integrated into the colored ring around the planet. As you take over the system, the ring begins to change to your color.

There is currently a bug with the color change mechanism, which apparently can be fixed by saving/exiting/reloading the game.

xiriod
06-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Also this has an unforeseen consequence as well, if you get the -80% to visibility/radar for all planets/ships random event. Then you can't even see this ring at all unless you happen to have a ship with extra sensors in your fleet. Don't know if that was intended though. No biggie.

Though, as someone said before, random events should not all be permanent. As it is now, once a random event hits you it stays. Some should stay, some should not imho. :)

SlOwH4nD
06-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Sorry - I meant the small ring of the system icon itself, not the ring of influence / frontier.

...random events should not all be permanent. As it is now, once a random event hits you it stays. Some should stay, some should not imho. :)

The joys of game design :) We're re-balancing constantly, hoping to get the right effect for each one.

xiriod
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Sorry - I meant the small ring of the system icon itself, not the ring of influence / frontier.

Yes, I meant that too. The small ring of the system icon itself, it totally disappears when you get the -80% to sensors random event of any enemy system you invade. The innermost ring, totally hidden and you can not see your invasion progress.

Since we're on the subject, in the alpha it was a clear and easy way to see how far your system resistance to invasion had increased, like after you took a planet. In the beta I can't find any way to find this information except it says what the system resistance is once it is fully recharged. Another display bug? :)

ScouseSandwich
06-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I had this small ring around the systems when playing a game then it was no longer there and i could not figure out why. Must be a bug as Slowhand says. will see if the reload will help.

xiriod
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I had this small ring around the systems when playing a game then it was no longer there and i could not figure out why. Must be a bug as Slowhand says. will see if the reload will help.

There is a bug as mentioned where a reload fixes it, but it is not related to what I am talking about now though. Though perhaps this is your issue. If you can see your own, but not the enemy's then perhaps you have the issue I'm having after a sensor reducing random event.