PDA

View Full Version : Man or Hobbit for Burglar?

Meelk
06-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Which one is better overall for this class? or does it not matter?

Montyleeny15
06-13-2012, 06:02 AM
It doesn't matter, really. Go for whichever race you like. :-)

Bryandt
06-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Whichever appeals to you more, honestly. All racial bonuses and penalties fall away to meaningless as you reach the higher levels.

Meelk
06-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Well that's good to know, when Googiling this question a lot of people kept saying, oh...Man is better PVP, Hobbit pwns Man in PVE, Hobbit ftw because it's a Hobbit! Oh i wish I swapped to man.. etc. Basically, all different kinds of opinions, good to know it doesn't really matter later on.

Montyleeny15
06-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Well that's good to know, when Googiling this question a lot of people kept saying, oh...Man is better PVP, Hobbit pwns Man in PVE, Hobbit ftw because it's a Hobbit! Oh i wish I swapped to man.. etc. Basically, all different kinds of opinions, good to know it doesn't really matter later on.

Well, it would kinda be the case in PvP, because hobbit burglars can be tracked by stalkers in PvMP, where as human burglars can't, which makes them more powerful.

Darth Bane
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Man racial passives and racial skills are far better than the hobbit ones.

Man has 5% more incoming healing than all other races. Probably that is more important for a tank, but in some cases everyone, including burglars, takes damage and it is easier for the healer to keep you alive if you have more incoming healing.

Other racial passives don't make much difference.

And for the racial skills that come from the racial traits:

Hobbits:
Stealth - useless. You already have stealth as a burglar.
Hobbit Silence - Useless in most cases. You have Hide in Plain Sight as a burglar.
Hobbit Resilience - NON-stackable +1 hope buff to whole fellowship for 10 minutes with 1 hour cd. Useless, as you will be using +5 Hope tokens.

Race of Man:
Duty-Bound - 2% extra morale buff to whole fellowship for 10 minutes. 1 hour cd. Useful.
Balance of man (passive) - Bonus to block(useless for burglar), parry and evade. Every bit of defence helps.
Strength of Morale - Self-heal for 2200-3000 morale. 1 Hour cooldown. Useful when it gets really dangerous.

If we summarize these, Man is much better option for burglar.

However, if you don't care about these racial abilities, then roll whatever you like more. If you are more into the lore, choose Hobbit as Bilbo Baggins is the role-model for the burglar class.

Meelk
06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Man racial passives and racial skills are far better than the hobbit ones.

Man has 5% more incoming healing than all other races. Probably that is more important for a tank, but in some cases everyone, including burglars, takes damage and it is easier for the healer to keep you alive if you have more incoming healing.

Other racial passives don't make much difference.

And for the racial skills that come from the racial traits:

Hobbits:
Stealth - useless. You already have stealth as a burglar.
Hobbit Silence - Useless in most cases. You have Hide in Plain Sight as a burglar.
Hobbit Resilience - NON-stackable +1 hope buff to whole fellowship for 10 minutes with 1 hour cd. Useless, as you will be using +5 Hope tokens.

Race of Man:
Duty-Bound - 2% extra morale buff to whole fellowship for 10 minutes. 1 hour cd. Useful.
Balance of man (passive) - Bonus to block(useless for burglar), parry and evade. Every bit of defence helps.
Strength of Morale - Self-heal for 2200-3000 morale. 1 Hour cooldown. Useful when it gets really dangerous.

If we summarize these, Man is much better option for burglar.

However, if you don't care about these racial abilities, then roll whatever you like more. If you are more into the lore, choose Hobbit as Bilbo Baggins is the role-model for the burglar class.

I'll probably go with Man, I like to be more useful, plus even though I like the idea of being a small sneaky guy and more lore-correct, I think I prefer the way Man look in-game. Thanks for the information.

Montyleeny15
06-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Fine, go with human. But don't come running up to us when you find a hobbit burglar pwning you. :-P

Meelk
06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, it would kinda be the case in PvP, because hobbit burglars can be tracked by stalkers in PvMP, where as human burglars can't, which makes them more powerful.

Ah right, so that stuff still stands. Hey! Maybe us Burglars should stick together.

Mucky Pup
06-14-2012, 02:43 AM

Most warg stalkers now have enhanced sense prey skill that will track all races, even if they are in stealth.

With the amount of warg puppies roaming the moors now it's not safe to travel alone, even as a burg in stealth.

Montyleeny15
06-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Ah right, so that stuff still stands. Hey! Maybe us Burglars should stick together.

Count me out. I have no burglar character. :-P