PDA

View Full Version : How many Aerocaches are there?

Appl250
06-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I know it says something like 53 or 54 aerocaches when looking at the aerocache hunt menu.

But when I go into multiplayer I see there are over 100 aerocaches to collect.:confused:

I have also noticed someone who has collected over 100 aerocaches but has refused to tell me how he acquired them.

Mickel617
06-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Go to the Flight website and look under aerocaches. It lists more than just the 53 in the game. Or... fly around and look under every bridge and at anything else that looks remotely interesting. Take something fast, because it's a lot of miles to cover. 120+ AFAIK.

Duesselwings
06-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Hi, there are 152 to collect. Everyone of us has a folder, which contents all the pictures of these AC. But for one, we still have not the right plane, so actually are 151 collectable.

edit: there was one buggy in april... So maybe there are just 150...

Appl250
06-17-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks guys.

The fastest plane I have which I fly is the RV-6A since it has a cockpit.
It feels really strange flying without one or in chase view.

I am aware, there is currently no plane available which can can reach one of the aerocaches, presumably placed there as an easter egg, suggesting there will be much higher flying planes to come....SR-71 :D

The Pandanator2
06-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, there are about 53 "all the time" aerocaches that you can hunt for and get all the time. Then you have a list of numerous daily aerocaches that also count. There are those ones you can't get yet. Curvature of the Earth is seemingly impossible for now, and High Flying Glider is impossible without the (cockpitless :( P-51 Mustang (which is now free :D

FreddySteiner
06-17-2012, 06:51 AM
There are 147 possible aerocaches to collect ! (curvature and 4 bugged aeros brings the number up to 152)
This is a list of the daily aeros since day 1.

Fred.
Feb29 - MOUNT KAALA (At the summit of the largest peak on Oahu)
Mar01 - NAWILIWILI HARBOR (Large harbor near Lihue)
Mar02 - NUAAILUA BAY (Sandy beach and inlet where a ravine opens north of Haleakala Crater)
Mar03 - HONOKOHAU MARINA (Marina south of Kona Airport)
Mar04 - HTS OAHU (Hawaii Tracking Station along the ridge on the northeast corner of Oahu)
Mar05 - OLOMANA PEAK (Floating above Olomana Peak on Oahu)
Mar06 - PALI HIGHWAY 61 (Somewhere along this roadway from Honolulu to Kailua)
Mar07 - KONA COAST SHIPPING (Shipping harbor On the Kona coast)
Mar08 - SUGAR MILL (Located just out from runway 20 at Kahului Airport on Maui)
Mar09 - WAILAU VALLEY (Nestled in a section of the Wailau Valley on Molokai)
Mar10 - WAIMEA BEACH BRIDGE (Under a low bridge near Waimea Beach Park on Oahu)
Mar11 - POHAKULOA TRAINING AREA (Located at the Bradshaw AAF front gate near the antenna)
Mar12 - WAIMOKU FALLS (Located at the head of the Pipiwai Trail on Maui)
Mar13 - BIG BEACH (A long length of sand on the southern shore of Maui)
Mar14 - HANAUMA BAY (Nestled above the waters of this bay near the Koko Head crater)
Mar15 - KOLEKOLE BRIDGE (big Island)
Mar16 - MCAF
Mar17 - HEEIA PIER
Mar18 - KAANAPALI BEACH
Mar19 - BIG ISLAND COFFEE
Mar20 - KAHUKU ARMY AIRFIELD (Located 1,000 feet above where this World War II airfield used to be)
Mar21 - KAMOHIO BAY (South end of Kahoolawe....south of Maui)
Mar22 - KAPAPA ISLAND
Mar23 - LAUPAHOEHOE POINT
Mar24 - KILAUEA LIGHTHOUSE
Mar25 - KOKO HEAD (East of HONOLULU)
Mar26 - MAALEAA HARBOR
Mar27 - LOKOAKA POND (Hilo)
Mar28 - MAKAPUU BEACH (East Oahu)
Mar29 - MALUAKA BEACH (bugged aero) replaced with MAUI WIND ENERGY PROJECT
Mar30 - NO AEROCACHE ON THIS DATE !
Mar31 - MAUNA KEA-HONOLII RAVINE

Apr01 - POLIHUA BEACH
Apr02 - PUU KUKUI
Apr03 - SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS SITE (Located in a large clearing at the following coordinates: LAT 21.671126 LON -158.034819)
Apr04 - MAUNA LOA CALDERA (This caldera is at high altitude)
Apr05 - TURTLE BAY (A small bay on the north shore of Oahu)
Apr06 - WAILEA BEACH (A beach next to a large resort south of Kihei on Maui) This aero was bugged and could not be got!!
Apr07 - BARKING SHACK (Next to a lone shack on this military base)
Apr08 - ONOMEA BAY (Along the coast just north of Hilo)
Apr09 - BIG AND LITTLE RADAR (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one is off of Highway 552 - Kokee Road)
Apr10 - WAIMEA DISHES (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one is off of Highway 550)
Apr11 - HALAWA BAY (A double arc-shaped bay on the east tip of Molokai)
Apr12 - ABANDONED WIND FARM (Wind turbines near South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii)
Apr13 - HONOKOHAU BAY (At the end of a large valley flowing north from the West Maui Mountains)
Apr14 - JURASSIC FALLS (Near where the helicopter landing zone was located in a famous dinosaur movie)
Apr15 - KALOHI - PAILOLO CHANNELS (5,000 feet at the intersection of Lanai VOR radial 210, Maui VOR radial 88, and Molokai radial 285)
Apr16 - UPOLU RIVER (At the end of a finger in the Upolu Valley)
Apr17 - KUALAPUU DIAMOND (Located at a baseball diamond near Kualapuu Reservoir on a heading of 65 degrees away from the reservoir)
Apr18 - YOKOHAMA BEACH (Beach on the eastern coast of Oahu)
Apr19 - IAO VALLEY
Apr20 - KAMUELA (Hidden on the airport in this town)
Apr21 - LISTENING CAREFULLY (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one has three dishes on the lookout for trouble under and over the waters to the west)
Apr22 - MAKAHA COMMUNICATIONS (One of several communications facilities on Kauai. This one has five large and four small geodesic spheres near Makaha Ridge)
Apr23 - PHMK (Behind a red roofed building amid tall trees)
Apr24 - WAIPIO (Somewhere in the Waipio Valley on the Big Island)
Apr25 - PAPOHAKU BEACH (A beach along the western shore of Molokai)
Apr26 - PORT ALLEN MARINA (At a marina near Port Allen Airport)
Apr27 - PUU LUA RESERVOIR (Small lake at the top of the plateau next to Waimea Canyon)
Apr28 - STELLAR VIEWS (The "other" observatory on the Big Island of Hawaii)
Apr29 - SANDY BEACH MOLOKAI (Small beach area on the southeast shore of Molokai)
Apr30 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR (Located at the radio antenna facility. Tune navigation radio to 115.4 to home in on the signal)

May01 - WAIMEA BRIDGE (Under the bridge in Waimea)
May02 - KA LAE (The southernmost point of both Hawaii and the U.S)
May03 - BARBER'S POINT LIGHTHOUSE (Over a lighthouse near John Rodgers Field)
May04 - MOKOLII (Small Island in Kaneohe Bay Shaped like a Hat)
May05 - RED AND WHITE TOWER (Iconic tower used to control air traffic, as well as to look out for submarines)
May06 - NORTH KOHALA TURBINES
May07 - KAAAWA VALLEY
May08 - KAENA POINT (10,000 feet above Kaena point, west Oahu)
May09 - KOOLAU RANGE (Somewhere along the Koolau Range east of Honolulu)
May10 - KAMUELA AND UPOLU VOR
May11 - LAHILAHI POINT (south coast Molokai)
May12 - MOLOKAI VORTAC (west of Molokai airport)
May13 - VLBA (Radio Sattelite Dish Near the observatory on the big island)
May14 - WHEELER WATERWAY (In a small waterway directly northeast from Runway 6 at Wheeler)
May15 - NIMITZ BEACH (Somewhere along the southern coast of Oahu)
May16 - PUU KAHUAULI (Fly a direct course from Honolulu's runway 4L to the closest mountain peak)
May17 - BLACK SAND BEACH
May18 - NO NEW AERO on this date !
May19 - MIGHTY MO (Ford Island)
May20 - SOUTHWARD FROM CIVILIZATION (directly south of Honolulu)
May21 - RABBIT ISLAND
May22 - Between Upolu Point and Kamuela VOR's
May23 - USS UTAH (Ford Island)
May24 - Village "yellow houses" (Near Dillingham)
May25 - JOHN RODGERS STORAGE (John Rodgers Field)
May26 - WAIAKEA POND (Located in a pond near Hilo International)
May27 - NO NEW AERO on this date !
May28 - LAKE WAIAU (Seventh highest lake in the U.S., located on the Big Island of Hawaii)
May29 - BETWEEN THE ISLANDS (This one is about 15 miles out, sitting at 50 feet between the Big Island and Maui)
May30 - SOUTH KAUAI VOR (Repeated AOTD)
May31 - ALA WAI HARBOR (A very large marina next to Waikiki)

Jun01 - HALEAKALA CRATER (Somewhere in the vastness of Haleakala Crater)
Jun02 - KAHULUI HARBOR (In the corner of the harbor's waterway)
Jun03 - MAKAI PIER (Prominent pier on the eastern side of Oahu near Rabbit Island)
Jun04 - MAUNA LEI GULCH (In the curves of this ravine north of Lanai Airport)

END OF NEW DAILY AEROS !

Duesselwings
06-17-2012, 12:54 PM
There are 147 possible aerocaches to collect ! (curvature and 4 bugged aeros brings the number up to 152)

Fred.

Thanks Fred, I didn't know, that there were 4AC buggy!
Now it's just ONE, I don't have!! :-( (146) but which????? ;-)

Heimi77
06-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Yep, same here, 146 and don`t know which is missing.

renoplane
06-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Can you collect an aerocache of the day after it expires or does it just disappear?

Duesselwings
06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I think, they are all still there. Two weeks ago, I collected 10 AC in one day...

The Pandanator2
06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Can you collect an aerocache of the day after it expires or does it just disappear?
It's just like milk, when it expires, it's gone. :D But I have done a couple aerocaches twice, but no more then that.

Oz Flyer
06-18-2012, 08:01 PM
It's just like milk, when it expires, it's gone. :D But I have done a couple aerocaches twice, but no more then that.
Like Duesselwings I also have found 4 or 5 in one day and many more the over the last weeks not just the repeats.

Also stuck on 146

FreddySteiner
06-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Update !!
My update at the bottom of this post explains all.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376757-daily-aerocache-not/

Fred.

Appl250
06-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Update !!
My update at the bottom of this post explains all.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376757-daily-aerocache-not/

Fred.

Thanks for the hard work in searching.
I'll just pop these up on my net book and go flying around those areas all the while still trying to figure out how to use the ILS.:rolleyes:

The Pandanator2
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
ILS is simple, just tune your radio to the approach freq. on the airport you want. I belive Kona's is 109.7 and Hilo is 119.7, could be wrong though so you just gotta check. ILS is rather irrelavant to aerocache hunting, except for the ones where you set to the VOR freq. to find the aerocache.

rklaahsen
06-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I found a glitch in the daily aerocahce IRT to the date on your computer. My BIOS battery died and my computer reset the date back to 2008. I figured I would get around to changing the date after I collected today's aerocache. To my surprise the Aerocache that popped up was the one for March 21 not today's. Looks like there is a built in list that cycles vice getting the daily location from a server.

I tinkered with the clock and sure enough the aerocaches will cycle per the above list, but you can not collect the aerocaches and have them count against the pentacache achiev or you pilot total. Howeverm you do accrue experience.

This glitch might come in handy if you miss collecting the previous daily AC but I haven't tested it. I already had yesterday's AC.

bastila13091
06-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I found a glitch in the daily aerocahce IRT to the date on your computer. My BIOS battery died and my computer reset the date back to 2008. I figured I would get around to changing the date after I collected today's aerocache. To my surprise the Aerocache that popped up was the one for March 21 not today's. Looks like there is a built in list that cycles vice getting the daily location from a server.

I tinkered with the clock and sure enough the aerocaches will cycle per the above list, but you can not collect the aerocaches and have them count against the pentacache achiev or you pilot total. Howeverm you do accrue experience.

This glitch might come in handy if you miss collecting the previous daily AC but I haven't tested it. I already had yesterday's AC.

You're actually only four days ahead of the current schedule if the server is set to run through all the AotD's in order. The current was originally on march 17th.