PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty's level is going down because...

DarkPhoenix966
06-17-2012, 04:46 AM
I got MW2, Black Ops, MW3, all the same week when released.
MW2 I got 230 hours.
Black Ops 180 hours.
MW3 105 hours, and I don't see me making any more hours like 10....
Black Ops 2 I maybe get 40 hours?

This shows with numbers that every CoD is less worth playing (for me)

Nitronumber9
06-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Its mainly taste.
MW1 was alright, wouldn't rate it as anything special, World at War was ace and never really got the credit it deserved, MW2 was crap, Blackops brought it back, MW3 then tore all that made Blackops good back into crap, Treyarch don't get enough praise for their games.

Blackops 2? Its probably going to top MW3 but people are getting bored of the "casual shooter" sub genre, last year we had Crysis 2, Homefront, MW3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3 and more I can't recall right now, decent non casual shooters? Uh... Eye Divine Cybermancy? I can't think of one really.

Time for an FPS reboot I think, time we had Quake style back.

dylanstrategie
06-17-2012, 06:11 AM
I think that's about the time you can invest in the game before you start heating up due to griefers, idiots, or general MLG LIG PR0S which are just jumping and proning all around the place with an AR or a SMG

I hope Black Ops 2 will nerf proning and jumping, by blocking someone from ADS 1 or 2 seconds after doing it (and during the action), and turning the accuracy to sh*t, otherwise I can't see any hope in COD becoming more user-friendly

And also nerfing AR and SMG, my best bet is to increase the HP of a soldier to something like 150 or 200 without rebalancing the weapons. Afterall these are soldiers, they are carrying Kelvar, Helmets and other jackets, not T-Shirts and Jeans (Yes you can resist the same amount of bullets than in COD before dying (immediatly) , don't try this at home kids)

Applebee
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Know why? Because the two creative minds behind Infinity Ward, West and Zempella, who were responsible for MW1 and 2 (the two best games in the series) were fired and sued by Activision. The two Infinity Ward founders have moved on to start a new studio, Respawn Entertainment, and they took half the creative team at Infinity Ward with them (who quit in disgust at Activisions actions).

If you want another game comparable in quality to MW 1 and 2, then I strongly suggest you keep a close eye on West and Zempella at Respawn Entertainment. They are said to be working on a new project right now that should be revealed soon.

License
06-17-2012, 09:11 AM
If you want another game comparable in quality to MW 1 and 2

This guy must be very new to FPS gaming.

Applebee
06-17-2012, 09:39 AM
This guy must be very new to FPS gaming.

Was I wrong? MW1 and 2 were awesome games, and have prelled the series to new heights.

wazups 2x
06-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Was I wrong? MW1 and 2 were awesome games, and have prelled the series to new heights.

MW1 was awesome but MW2 was a horrible console port and a bad game.

UberTrevor
06-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Black Ops 2 will probably be better then MW3 and possibly MW2. Black Ops was the one game that I spent so much time on, over 300 hours (old account). Black Ops 2, I don't know how much time will be wasted on that.

License
06-17-2012, 11:21 AM

MW1 was also a horrible console port and a bad game as well.. thats sort of a contradicting statement.

I called you new to FPS gaming because you've probably never even heard of CoD1.

If lock-on lunging knife attacks, unbalanced guns and random perks and killstreaks that allow bad players to be on an even level with players much better than them is a game that "prelled" (propelled?) to new heights, then I don't think I want to live any longer.

Unless by new heights, you mean went from like, 1000 ft to 200 ft, then sure, I can agree on that.

Lets reverse back to the late 90's and the early 2000's and compare to now. The only thing thats actually improved in FPS gaming since those years was graphics. Gameplay got worse.

davidsneade
06-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Its mainly taste.
World at War was ace and never really got the credit it deserved,

+rep. I have 700+ hours into WaW, which is more than every other CoD combined.

wazups 2x
06-17-2012, 07:20 PM
MW1 was also a horrible console port and a bad game as well.. thats sort of a contradicting statement.

What? How exactly was MW1/COD4 a bad console port? It had dedicated servers, server browser, mod tools, dev console, adjustable FOV and more. It was a fantastic PC game.

License
06-17-2012, 08:28 PM
What? How exactly was MW1/COD4 a bad console port? It had dedicated servers, server browser, mod tools, dev console, adjustable FOV and more. It was a fantastic PC game.

I know a lot of console ports that have those.

wazups 2x
06-17-2012, 10:11 PM
I know a lot of console ports that have those.

Uh, okay... Then can you explain to me exactly what defines a bad console port? And also explain what makes a good console port?

I'm very interested to find out what your answers to these questions are.

License
06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
It's all in the game mechanics. The first thing that comes to mind is how quick and easy it is to reach its skill ceiling. You know, guns having like zero recoil and lock-on knife attacks that were designed with controllers in mind. Little thought in gun balance or map design. No real advanced mechanics that a controller couldn't handle. Easy/Casual, etc. Perks, killstreaks, health regen..

Now obviously the game is a console port but the reasons above are why I consider it a horrible console port. Console ports aren't always bad, but are usually limited.

Basically, just because a game has dedicated servers slapped on as an afterthought doesn't automatically make it a PC game.

DarkPhoenix966
06-22-2012, 02:34 PM
I remember how fun it was to play MW2, could play hours. Now, MW3, I am bored in 2 matches..... Explains the hour thing in my first post. I'm not sure if I will ask my parents for Black Ops 2.... I just feel it will be same boring ♥♥♥♥ again, play 2 matches, quit game, wait 3 weeks, play 2 matches, quit, repeat.

shadedemonic
06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Up until now i find the best 2 call of dutys are COD4 for the multiplayer and WAW for zombies and multiplayer but still like COD4 multiplayer best of all

as for the rest i dont care for them at all but i did pre order blackops 2 only becasue they comfirmed zombies and decated servers

YEHA ZOMBIES!!!!

License
06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Up until now i find the best 2 call of dutys are COD4 for the multiplayer and WAW for zombies and multiplayer but still like COD4 multiplayer best of all

as for the rest i dont care for them at all but i did pre order blackops 2 only becasue they comfirmed zombies and decated servers

YEHA ZOMBIES!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/

A game dedicated and refined just for what you need.

DarkPhoenix966
06-23-2012, 02:40 AM

just saying; i played killing floor 550 hours, that's more than I played 4 cod games together haha. But that's my taste....

Nitronumber9
06-23-2012, 02:42 AM

Boring, dull, camp happy, ticks most, if not all the boxes the boxes of what you label a "console port" need I say more?

Theres far far better Zombie FPS games than that rot, Grab ArmA2 and try Day Z, that my friend, is a proper zombie FPS.

digitaljace
06-23-2012, 03:19 AM
COD1, CODUO and COD2 are by far the best mutliplayers in the series.

It wasnt consoles entirly that ruined this frachise, it was fancy ranks and badges & prestiges.

Back then the community was great and the competitive scene was very large, we would play 2 or 3 matches a night some evenings.

DarkPhoenix966
06-23-2012, 05:47 AM
But now, in every ground war game there is atleast 1 hacker.
♥♥♥♥ing noobs screaming trough mic, and everytime they die they say things like: ''OMG ♥♥♥♥ING HACKER ♥♥♥♥ YOU!!!!!!'' i think the community gets like from 18 to 12 years

License
06-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Boring, dull, camp happy, ticks most, if not all the boxes the boxes of what you label a "console port" need I say more?

Theres far far better Zombie FPS games than that rot, Grab ArmA2 and try Day Z, that my friend, is a proper zombie FPS.

Didn't understand the first part other than calling it boring, dull, and camp happy. But its a survival game, so you are going to see a squad of people defending, its what you should expect.

It's a lot less dull than weapons not feeling any different from one another, fighting only 1 kind of zombie with little tactics.

I've heard of Day Z, and it looks good, but the ArmA type game play may not be a turn on for me.

If something like that could release as a stand-alone, I would probably consider it though.

Nitronumber9
06-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Didn't understand the first part other than calling it boring, dull, and camp happy. But its a survival game, so you are going to see a squad of people defending, its what you should expect.
So is Stalker, So is Day Z, So is Left 4 Dead,so is Mass Effect 3, so is Orion Dino Hunt, So is Ghost Recon Future Soldier, However in all of them, sitting around will get you killed in seconds. Killing floor? You don't need a keyboard for half the game.

It's a lot less dull than weapons not feeling any different from one another, fighting only 1 kind of zombie with little tactics.
Like Killing Floor? Oh wait.

I've heard of Day Z, and it looks good, but the ArmA type game play may not be a turn on for me.

If something like that could release as a stand-alone, I would probably consider it though.
So basicly a game does something new, and instead of embracing it, you go back to Generic shooter whatever it was, congrats for killing Pc gaming.

JaCoL
06-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Main reason of CoD level going down is both Activision and Infinity Ward IMAO... Activision beacouse they just want to steal as much cash from our wallets as possible, Infinity Ward beacouse they make crappy games. Im not like fanboy but in this case i think Treyarch is last dev that can save this series, they at least are brining variety to us, just look at last 3 games from both devs:

Infinity Ward:
Cod 4 - modern warfare
MW2 - again another modern ♥♥♥♥, less playable than cod4 and full of crap
MW3 - even more modern warfare crap

Treyarch:

WaW - world war 2, yeah pretty cool
Black Ops - cold war, something new
Black Ops 2 - futuristic war, again something new

Thats my opinion. Black Ops 2 imao will be best CoD since mw1

Morphis
06-24-2012, 10:53 AM
So basicly a game does something new, and instead of embracing it, you go back to Generic shooter whatever it was, congrats for killing Pc gaming.

Valve doesn't have this issue.

When did it become the customers fault for products not selling well?
Bad customers don't kill good products, bad products poorly excecuted kill themselves.

Have a New Coke, you'll love it.
John Carter: Ticket sales were so bad because of the bad customers, not the bad everything else.
Pepsi Clear, no dye & no sales.

If the "bad" customers wont buy their "all new product" guess what, it's their failure for producing a product their customers are not interested in.

PC is not their customer, it's less than 10%.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat honey, it's the fat that makes you look fat." Al Bundy.

XHummel
06-24-2012, 11:36 AM

How can a game be a console port when it has only been released on PC? Dunno. (And on MAC years later)

Nitronumber9
06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
How can a game be a console port when it has only been released on PC? Dunno. (And on MAC years later)
Theres a difference between console port and console focused game, a game lacking basic pc features such as a options menu, console and field of view is a console port in my book.

A console focused FPS features very easy to control gun physics, slow paced, leveling systems which throw more advantages to players who have been playing longer, unbalanced items/weapons and probably more/

Lets have a look at Call of Duty
Gamepace = Slow
Gun physics = easy
Leveling system that gives advantage to longer term players = Yes
Unbalanced weapons and items = Yes

And heres Killing Floor.
Gamepace = Slow
Gun physics = easy
Leveling system that gives advantage to longer term players = Yes
Unbalanced weapons and items = Yes

See? Console focused title, lets be fair and compare it with a proper PC title like ArmA2
Gamepace = Slow
Gun Physics = Complex
Leveling system that gives advantage to longer term players = No
Unbalanced weapons and items = No

See the difference?

SamuelKPeter
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
What allows you to say that only "proper PC" games are good? Killing Floor is a COOP game, it doesn't matter whether the weapons are "unbalanced". And you just said CoD is slow paced.

License
06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
So is Stalker, So is Day Z, So is Left 4 Dead,so is Mass Effect 3, so is Orion Dino Hunt, So is Ghost Recon Future Soldier, However in all of them, sitting around will get you killed in seconds. Killing floor? You don't need a keyboard for half the game.

Like Killing Floor? Oh wait.

Killing Floor isn't even the same type of game. If you play on the proper difficulty theres a whole lot more interaction going on than in a game like L4D. And L4D isn't even a survival game, its a game where you go from point A to point B.

Also, you do fight more than one type of zombie, guns are different, and tactics do come into play.

It's also not about a game doing something new. ArmA didn't even do anything new to begin with. If the gameplay sucks, it sucks, period.

Killing floor doesn't have unbalanced weapons and items. If there is, its pretty slight.

A "proper PC title" would be something along the lines of Quake 3, or oh wait, killing floor. I didn't know quake 3 had complex gun physics.

KF came from an indie dev team and you are comparing what half the time is a 5 dollar game with a Triple A title. Thats saying something. It's a game thats easy to get into and you have a few different tactics. L4D doesn't even have tactics or the same kind of gameplay whatsoever.

Day Z doesn't even have an objective from what I've read up.

Deadpool_5218
06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Honestly, the best thing for the Call of Duty series is a new Graphics Engine. I feel Black Ops 2 will be good, but it to me is what you will expect from a Call of Duty game. Until a new Graphics Engine is made for the series, you won't get much new things from it.

Endosymbiont
06-25-2012, 10:13 AM
What allows you to say that only "proper PC" games are good? Killing Floor is a COOP game, it doesn't matter whether the weapons are "unbalanced". And you just said CoD is slow paced.

It's Nitro, he also says Red Orchestra is a console port... :D

Nitronumber9
06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Killing Floor isn't even the same type of game. If you play on the proper difficulty theres a whole lot more interaction going on than in a game like L4D. And L4D isn't even a survival game, its a game where you go from point A to point B.
Theres a survival mode, Only difference is L4D is on a time limit, Killing Floor is rounds, point voided.

Also, you do fight more than one type of zombie, guns are different, and tactics do come into play.
I forgot, One zombie fires at you, the rest charge at you mindlessly, I forgot the huge difference there.

It's also not about a game doing something new. ArmA didn't even do anything new to begin with. If the gameplay sucks, it sucks, period.

ArmA didn't do anything new? Is that a joke? 100+ players in a Multiplayer game not new? First FPS to feature player controllable vehicles in a multi player environment? Bullet Physics? No of course not, ArmA didn't do anything new *Sarcasm*

Killing floor doesn't have unbalanced weapons and items. If there is, its pretty slight.
Ok now your trolling, why doesn't anyone use a Bullpup?
Because its weak as hell? Why do I never see the Chainsaw? Oh yes, weaker than weapons in its class, 9mm? Oh yes, MADE REDUNDENT DUE TO WEAPONS IN ITS CLASS! So yes, no overpowered gear there.

A "proper PC title" would be something along the lines of Quake 3, or oh wait, killing floor. I didn't know quake 3 had complex gun physics.
Read my post again, I said Killing Floor had easy gunplay physics, Quake 3's requires reasonable skill due to the speed of the game.

KF came from an indie dev team and you are comparing what half the time is a 5 dollar game with a Triple A title.
$5? Its 14.99, that puts it square in league with what I can buy ArmA2 for, then again, Day Z has better graphics, better gameplay and costs less.

Thats saying something. It's a game thats easy to get into and you have a few different tactics. L4D doesn't even have tactics or the same kind of gameplay whatsoever.
Nope, one tactic, grab shotguns, jam in a corner, thats it, Thats Killing Floor.

Day Z doesn't even have an objective from what I've read up.

Its about survival, ever play a Roguelike? Guess not.

It's Nitro, he also says Red Orchestra is a console port... :D
Nope, I said Red Orchestra 2! Was a console style game, and I already proved it, I don't repeat myself for people like you living in some alternate dimension.

Some
06-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Dont you dare call CoD4 mw1....

License
06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Games have done this way before ArmA, sorry to break it to you.

Those weapons you listed in KF are also all very good weapons depending on what you are doing. The bullpup is also very cheap, so it's not going to be as good as the assault rifle that is 5x more expensive.

Also, KF is easy to get for 5$ as, like I said, costs that much half the time due to ongoing sales.

Dont you dare call CoD4 mw1....

Same thing really, thats like saying don't call poop feces or crap.

Dante*
06-26-2012, 12:34 AM
ArmA didn't do anything new? Is that a joke? 100+ players in a Multiplayer game not new? First FPS to feature player controllable vehicles in a multi player environment? Bullet Physics? No of course not, ArmA didn't do anything new

ArmA 1 came out 2006. By then you had COD:United Offensive and Battlefield 2, both with player controlled vehicles. So, no: it wasn't the first FPS to do it.

SpunkyKuma
06-26-2012, 05:52 AM

^ that, if it wasn't for IWnet (eeeew P2P), MW2 probably would've been much better.

dylanstrategie
06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
^ that, if it wasn't for IWnet (eeeew P2P), MW2 probably would've been much better.

Yeah, MW2 wasn't all that terrible for weapon balance and stuff

The only thing it got wrong was being the first game where whiners started getting into the counts of the community

Started the whole "COD is full of 5 year old" and "COD is for noobs !" thing, also things like "COD graphics are terrible" when they are really pretty nice, and "Game X is better than COD", just because you need to bash something to make a comparaison

Nitronumber9
06-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Games have done this way before ArmA, sorry to break it to you.
I know, however the coding base was heavily based on a certain Operation Flashpoint, Which was released back in 2001, which was then renamed ArmA Cold War Crisis, I did that as a test, you failed.

Those weapons you listed in KF are also all very good weapons depending on what you are doing. The bullpup is also very cheap, so it's not going to be as good as the assault rifle that is 5x more expensive.
So tell me, Why does no one use the Chainsaw? Or the Bullpup? Or the 9mm? Or the Crossbow (although that was nerfed so thats why) Or the Revolvers? Answer my question, not invent a different one and answer that.

ArmA 1 came out 2006. By then you had COD:United Offensive and Battlefield 2, both with player controlled vehicles. So, no: it wasn't the first FPS to do it.
It was also a test for License, I didn't expect common rabble to join in, but thanks for proving my point.

License
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Wait, wait, so if you knew, then why did you say the opposite? It wasn't a test, its just you being wrong.

People use all of those weapons, and they are all effective. Thats not what "weapon balance" is to begin with. Weapon balance issues come when you have 2 matching tier guns like in call of duty where they both do the same damage but one has a faster fire rate.

Nitronumber9
06-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Wait, wait, so if you knew, then why did you say the opposite? It wasn't a test, its just you being wrong.

No actually, it was a test, I wondered if you would actually provide evidence like Dante did, who actually stated games. You? "Oh no, your wrong because I said so" Prove your claims instread of being yet another ignore listy I play with for fun.

People use all of those weapons, and they are all effective.
Except they arn't are they? You haven't proved it.
Thats not what "weapon balance" is to begin with. Weapon balance issues come when you have 2 matching tier guns like in call of duty where they both do the same damage but one has a faster fire rate.

Ok, lets give you some stats shall we proving you wrong, yet again.

The Chainsaw costs 1000, weighs 8kg, does 190-270 damage and has a DPS ratio of 120 or 287.5 (depending on primary and 2ndry attack, it also has less range.
The Katana costs 1000,weighs 3KG, does 135-190 or 210-295 (so more damage) and has a DPS of 271 or 252 AND! Has longer range, perfectly balanced? Is it?

Your actions are reminding me alot of a video I laughed at, where all evidence proves you wrong, but you still go on believing.

License
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
You claimed something and couldn't prove it as it was wrong, which is way worse, sorry.

Also, you picked the worst example of a weapon. This is probably THE only weapon in killing floor that is slightly unbalanced but you didn't mention the stun effect that the chainsaw actually has as an advantage.

Nitronumber9
06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
You claimed something and couldn't prove it as it was wrong, which is way worse, sorry.
No, it was a test, You failed it. Sorry, thats the facts.

Also, you picked the worst example of a weapon. This is probably THE only weapon in killing floor that is slightly unbalanced but you didn't mention the stun effect that the chainsaw actually has as an advantage.

The same stun the Katana has?
You have still failed to backup ANYTHING! You say, anything at all, you avoid questions I have asked because you don't have an answer. Lets go over it all again.

Why do people camp in Left 4 dead?? And saying its a "survival game" isn't an answer since games like Day Z, Mass Effect 3, Left 4 Dead, Orion prove you can do survival based games where camping for ten waves is NOT! An option.

Why didn't ArmA do anything new? What proof do you have?

Why does no one use the Bullpup? The chainsaw? The 9mm pistol?

If Killing Floors weapons are so balanced, Why does the Bullpup have DPS ratio 4 less than the M4 Carbine while the AK (in the same teir) has a 30 point DPS higher ratio?

Come on, answer those questions, stop inventing questions I don't ask.

License
06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
I've answered it as clearly as any human being should be able to comprehend?

Nitronumber9
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I've answered it as clearly as any human being should be able to comprehend?

Well answer them again then?
Because all I've seen is you going "I'm right, I don't give proof, blah blah" and so far answered nothing, AND! Avoiding the questions again.

Seriously, all talk, no substance to backup your claims, back them up or shut up.

License
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Well answer them again then?
Because all I've seen is you going "I'm right, I don't give proof, blah blah" and so far answered nothing, AND! Avoiding the questions again.

Seriously, all talk, no substance to backup your claims, back them up or shut up.

all very good weapons depending on what you are doing. The bullpup is also very cheap, so it's not going to be as good as the assault rifle that is 5x more expensive.

People use all of those weapons, and they are all effective

This is probably THE only weapon in killing floor that is slightly unbalanced but you didn't mention the stun effect that the chainsaw actually has as an advantage.

The bullpup costs almost 1/3 of the price and has a much larger mag. DPS doesn't mean much in KF as opposed to CoD because the mechanics go much more in depth. You have stuns, decaps, different encounters, not all the same 100HP soldiers. So a high DPS weapon like an assault rifle in KF actually sucks against the big guys.

Nitronumber9
06-27-2012, 03:40 PM
The bullpup costs almost 1/3 of the price and has a much larger mag. DPS doesn't mean much in KF as opposed to CoD because the mechanics go much more in depth. You have stuns, decaps, different encounters, not all the same 100HP soldiers. So a high DPS weapon like an assault rifle in KF actually sucks against the big guys.
Your answering a question I haven't asked yet again... What question does that answer?

The Bullpup doesn't stun, can barely decap,, so why your even bringing them in I don't know, and in over 400 hourws of playing Killing Floor, I have never seen the Bullpup used on any difficulty above hard, and its rare to find it on hard, anything above and its quickly ditched for a higher DPS weapon which CAN! Decap... unless your saying the basic laws of physics don't apply.

I compared multiple weapons, within different perks and even different tiers, shown you they were overpowered, commented on why, and your answer is "no its not, everything is fine"

I'm done with you, your a waste of my time, people like you can't be fixed.

Also ever thought about politics? I think you would actually do well there, not joking, not trolling, being serious.

License
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM
The bullpup isn't a high tier weapon and its cheap. Therefore, its obviously going to be ditched for something better later on. It's an AR you use up until a certain wave then you upgrade later.

I don't see any gun actually being overpowered. In KF, theres a difference between a weapon being unbalanced and one being a bad choice for the situation and/or being an upgrade due to higher costs.

Politics isn't my thing, because I'm not into the whole "Lets forget about the candidate that matters! Vote for me, I'm barack obama! vote for me, I'm mitt romney! Choose cat poop, or choose dog poop?"

Toad213
06-28-2012, 01:54 AM
MW2 - 437 hours
Black Ops - 151 hours
MW3 - 457 hours

You can tell I hate Black Ops lol

loin'd
06-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Lol but u like mw3? Head injury?...

CrazyMoeFoe
06-28-2012, 07:57 AM
It's available on consoles...