PDA

View Full Version : Crahses in the same spot

jimrad1
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Game crashes after the tutorial. After trying to use the laser to get the 4th lost item after the car crash. Ends with a runtime error and in the same place each time.

Enjoyed it a lot but its a game breaker for me. Two different PC's different set ups

Windows 7 Pro
8 gigs memory
Nvidia 550
Standard sound card.

and

Windows 7 Pro
12 gigs of memory
Nvidia 680
Standard sound card

Both have up to date graphics drives and DX 11. Up to date C++ detribs, and up to date Netframework.

It resembles a Direct X issue though with a runtime error.

deathbuffer
06-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Sorry, no idea what would cause that issue. Can you post the logfile.txt from the Steam\steamapps\common\TinyAndBig folder? Thanks.

Stexred
06-21-2012, 07:32 AM
you could try the latest beta drivers 304.48

jimrad1
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah still no luck, this on two different machines mind you. I understand maybe one, but two makes it suspect. Its almost as if its crashing on a sound file. Soon as the laser sound begins, poof its done. I'll try different drivers at this point. Both have the latest Nvidia drivers, I'll give the beta a try.

jimrad1
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Okay I think Ive got it. Like stated, it kept crashing in the same place as soon as the laser sound began. Probably and OpenAL issue. This fixed it for me, added this to the option file. Thankfully the file structures for the game are pretty open. .DDS and lua so it was easier to track down.

[audio]
backend=Generic Software