PDA

View Full Version : Getting Microsoft Flight encountered an error... after applying the update

MountainMole
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31278369&posted=1#post31278369

Above link is where I placed my original post about this.

And here is the text of that original post:

"6/21 Update broke the game"

Same here! I'm getting this message:

! Microsoft Flight encountered an error while initializing its systems. The program will now exit.

My computer also wouldn't start today without doing a restore, which has never happened before. It's no wonder I fear these forced "updates".

I've looked around here reading most of the similar error threads, but there's so much geek speak and acronyms, I still have no idea what to do, short of uninstalling, forgetting about the game, and hoping my computer survives it.

I performed the requested search and did not find any problem related to Flight Application.

edit- Original title was: 6/21 Update broke the game, which is exactly what happened.

Loki MS Flight
06-22-2012, 01:30 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31278369&posted=1#post31278369

Above link is where I placed my original post about this.

And here is the text of that original post:

"6/21 Update broke the game"

Same here! I'm getting this message:

! Microsoft Flight encountered an error while initializing its systems. The program will now exit.

My computer also wouldn't start today without doing a restore, which has never happened before. It's no wonder I fear these forced "updates".

I've looked around here reading most of the similar error threads, but there's so much geek speak and acronyms, I still have no idea what to do, short of uninstalling, forgetting about the game, and hoping my computer survives it.

I performed the requested search and did not find any problem related to Flight Application.

Try this:
Uninstall:
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable
Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace
Microsoft Flight
Delete the following folders (you find them by pasting the following into the start menu):
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Xlive
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\GFWLive
Restart your pc.
Then re-download the Client via http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient
Then re-download Flight via Steam

MountainMole
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
This sounds like the best plan:

Uninstall:
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable
Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace
Microsoft Flight
Delete the following folders (you find them by pasting the following into the start menu):
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Xlive
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\GFWLive
Restart my pc.

Snarky mods on power trips, nope can't stand'em.

delafina
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Snarky mods on power trips, nope can't stand'em.

I'm confused as to where you're seeing snark, or a power trip. Loki is attempting to help you with your issue, which may be resolved by reinstalling the game and ensuring that you have first deleted all content related to Flight.