PDA

View Full Version : Slow Camera Movement in the Editor

MasterJetz
06-30-2012, 09:33 AM
I just got source filmmaker and noticed how it runs really slow in the editor. It runs just fine when I press F11. It seems my computer cant handle the really highly details in the editor. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to turn down the quality in the editor a bit for editing purposes?

Has anyone come across this same problem?

BlackoutIsHere
06-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I just got source filmmaker and noticed how it runs really slow in the editor. It runs just fine when I press F11. It seems my computer cant handle the really highly details in the editor. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to turn down the quality in the editor a bit for editing purposes?

Has anyone come across this same problem?

Perhaps if Valve would give me a beta key I could be more helpful :)
Firstly, you need to identify the bottleneck if it is a performance problem. Is it your CPU, GPU, or not enough ram?

MasterJetz
06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Well I did check the requirements and I do have them. And the game runs fine with everything max out. The only thing that it could be is my processor but I have a Dual Core 2 Duo, so I'm not sure what could be the problem here.

MasterJetz
06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
That's strange, is actually certain maps. Dustbowl works just fine.

Good Question
07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Well I did check the requirements and I do have them. And the game runs fine with everything max out. The only thing that it could be is my processor but I have a Dual Core 2 Duo, so I'm not sure what could be the problem here.

I find that having to many recordings, lights, particles, and the rest can cause this to happen. Shutting off unessisary things In your view/rendersettings (that you get when you right click the screen) can fix most of these. Just remember that you have to turn those elements back on if you want them to be seen in your movie on