PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you played through?

Blue Lightning
07-08-2012, 08:54 AM
I have had this game since late 2006. I have just gone through for the 16th time! On this last run (for the first time), I became a pure mage, devoting almost all skill points to magic and wizardry. I must say it required different skills and a good learning curve to do this. But I got it done!

This is why the game has so much replay value...the different choices one can make about their own skills, and the options offered as the player advances (both in story and in routes/battles).

How many times have you played through? And as what?

Bob Marley
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
over 100 ^_^. i'm playing through on my new comp, load times under 5 sec gogo SSD all the way

Haydenfoot
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe six to eight times, I'm not sure.

I'm glad that Arkane is using a similar formula for Dishonored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeZrLpO-RcQ&feature=player_embedded

I'm seeing a lot of different ways to replay just that one level. I just hope the PC version will allow you to fix that low FOV.

Blue Lightning
07-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Has anyone tried being a pure mage yet? Believe it or not, it's funner than you might think. Lot of stratagy has to be implemented, like learning how to hit with one spell (like telekenisis to throw an oil jar on them) and then follow it up with another spell (fire finger)...stuff like that. I use charm a lot too, it's very helpful. I used a magic staff now and then, or a magic dagger...I felt that since they were magic weapons it wasnt cheating, as long as I used them only once in a while. All swords and regular weapons, I threw away early on.

Because you run damn low on mana being a pure mage, I found burglar skills an absolute necessity.

Ok next up...an assasian/theif. Beleive it or not, I havent played that part yet!

Boneless69
07-19-2012, 05:26 PM
16 times LoL how many games do you have?

me passed it 2x

also multiplyaer was never alive
game WAS dropped by ubisoft
game requires a heavy card,some of the weapons are unusable since they are very buggy and LAG up the game

the game CRASHES everytime you exit the game

dicul
07-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Twice, now I just stay on the tutorial training map and spawn enemies to fight.

Sir Lemur IV
07-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Only once to absolute completion, numerous other times to about the half way point. Currently getting close to the end right now :D.

RJ_Firefly
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I think I've done 4 play throughs, first was mostly pure mage, used Charm a lot, to the point where it was kind of boring just watching enemies kill each other. Pure fighter was tough, armor doesn't seem to help much, orcs can pretty much one-hit you. Thief/assassin was really fun, you're nearly invisible by the second half of the game. Made a warrior/mage using what I learned from earlier builds, who was pretty bad a$$.

Deka
08-01-2012, 10:13 AM
2 to 4 times i guess . . . I kind of always end up as an assassin/thief though :/
I just love the daggers too much . . .

at least once for every choice
save her or not, exorcise yourself or not . . . (i might have tricked a bit so that i created savegames at the crucial parts so that i just had to save to continue)

also
Nekropolis is the hardest part of the whole game. . . I cant remember NOT getting lost once, a problem i share with every game . . . Dunno how much time i spent on Doom 3 searching the right way ...

Blue Lightning
08-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah my next playthrough will be theif/assasian :) Never tried it before (100% that is).

Sveervoox
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
First time. Thief/Archer Combo.

I must say, I read alot of negative things about this game, even tried the Xbox360 demo back in the day. (Could not play it as the demo did not let you invert controls and I was worried that it would not let you in the game when it came out as well, so never picked it up):confused:

Anyway, one of the best games I have played. Had alot of fun with this one. I am planning on going thourgh again as a mage.

Pick this one up! even at the $9 it is worth it.

*Adds Dishonored to wishlist* :cool:

swaaye
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I've beaten it half a dozen times, and have played each specialization. Heavy Armor + Blade is definitely the easiest. Mage is probably most difficult. The specializations could probably be better thought out but as it is you definitely have to learn different tricks to survive.

Blue Lightning
08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Yep, all about the learn curve :)

First time. Thief/Archer Combo.

Ok, do you guys count archery as part of "assasian", or is archer skills kind of seperate? What is your opinion?

I have never taken archer skills very far, because it seemed too much of a challenge to kill an enemy with a bow! Can you increase your archer skills to a point where you actually kill the enemy with a bow and arrow?

RJ_Firefly
08-25-2012, 03:35 PM
I think you can one-shot them if they haven't seen you. But if you don't kill them, they instantly know exactly where you are. I doubt you could survive using bow only, but it makes an interesting combo with other skills. The magical bows are pretty good, and the Bow of Fiery Rage may have the awsomest name of any RPG weapon!

cookiebisquit
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
About six times. Game is EPIC. Lets hope dishonerd become also.

Nfn
09-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Something between 10-15 times. It is not that much considering a complete run takes about 6 hours. A great game. I do not know why is this title forgotten. I have never played multiplayer, but I keep playing single occasionally. I have played every possible character build on brutal (or ultra hard or whatever it is called) through all endings and I think assassin+dagger+bow is the easiest. Pure mage is quite difficult and requires a lot of loading. But most fun and gore is with pure warrior. The power attack with jump near cliffs is awesome :).

I may be lucky because I do not suffer crash on exit or other bugs. It is a pitty this game has no mods and no graphic enhancements.
Reading this I feel like playing it again :D. Do not forget to read the tweak guide on tweakguides.com!

Nfn
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, all about the learn curve :)

Ok, do you guys count archery as part of "assasian", or is archer skills kind of seperate? What is your opinion?

I have never taken archer skills very far, because it seemed too much of a challenge to kill an enemy with a bow! Can you increase your archer skills to a point where you actually kill the enemy with a bow and arrow?

Sure you can. The key is to advance in stealth perk and then you can do silent kills a enemies will not detect you. With stealth on max you can do close backstab kills with a dagger (backstab advances with stealth perk) or distant silent kills with a bow. It is quite crutial to use proper magic weapons on different enemies - humans and spiders have weakness for fire, demons and orcs suffer from lightning.

Blue Lightning
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting. Going to have some time soon, will try thief/assasian.

Thing is...there are so many different degrees that a player can mix skills, plus different "choices" (like kill Xana or not, like keeping demon powers (V) or not, etc) - that I can see 50 playthroughs on this game! Never seen that before on a SP video game.