PDA

View Full Version : Don't Pick the Darkness II in the Community Sale

VickMackey187
07-13-2012, 09:24 AM
You can right now get the Darkness II on Amazon for 75% off, the same price it would be on Steam if it wins. http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-40884Darkness-II2-Darkness/dp/B006JA7EWW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1342192584&sr=1-1&keywords=darkness+2 Furthermore, it is Steam activated.

Therefore, to maximize our purchasing power, I'd consider picking AC: Revelations because I haven't really seen a nice discount on this game and it would knock the price to $15

Just some food for thought!

Paradoja
07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Some people live outside the US, and we cant legally purchase on the US amazon digital store without a fake adress.

So, let the people choose their next deal

DirtyHarry50
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Why not get The Darkness II now for 5 bucks and get Revelations for 5 bucks later? It's just a matter of time. ;-)

italo_maia
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I can't purchase from amazon either =~~

Chronon
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Dude, is that kind of a topic title necessary here?

VickMackey187
07-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Dude, is that kind of a topic title necessary here?

Uh, yes. It is where people unsure of what to vote for would likely go. I am just letting people know that this deal is already available on Amazon right now so why pick the Steam one. You could pick Rage or AC: Revelations, the latter which is not discounted 66% anywhere that I know of.

I have nothing against the game (I own it), but am trying to help gamers get the best bang for their buck

ElfShotTheFood
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Uh, yes. It is where people unsure of what to vote for would likely go. I am just letting people know that this deal is already available on Amazon right now so why pick the Steam one. You could pick Rage or AC: Revelations, the latter which is not discounted 66% anywhere that I know of.

I have nothing against the game (I own it), but am trying to help gamers get the best bang for their buck

You just want another game to win so you're telling people to not vote for this one because you're selfish.

celestialokami
07-13-2012, 02:59 PM
You just want another game to win so you're telling people to not vote for this one because you're selfish.

Wow. You're kidding right?

You can get it off Amazon and it activates on Steam regardless, at the greater discounted price.

If the vote has Darkness winning, only Darkness is 75% off.
If the vote has something else winning, Darkness is 75% off AND another game is discounted.

+rep to OP, you're being smart and shouldn't have to endure this trolling.

ElfShotTheFood
07-13-2012, 03:18 PM
People in the United States can get it from Amazon at 75% off. People in other countries can't.

celestialokami
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
People in the United States can get it from Amazon at 75% off. People in other countries can't.

Well then it would be in an American's self-interest to vote for another game in order to maximize his or her savings, yes?

I don't see the problem with this. Its not like its different for when you or anyone else votes for some other game they'd like discounted.

JK_DC
07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
The thread down below says the game is 4 hours long. I voted for AC.

hughesyboozy
07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
OH for ...... sake, people have completely ruined it for everyone who don't live in the us..... how can you be so ignorant to think everyone lives in the us!:rolleyes: I've waited for hour for nothing:mad: Anyone who voted for AC are silly when Ubisoft said "every pc gamer" IS a pirate! They don't deserve peoples money.

I hope it gets put on a 75% sale at some point due to ignorant people who must know not all people live in the US not to vote therefore ruining voting, it should have been each region voting separate so crap like this doesn't happen.

VickMackey187
07-13-2012, 05:08 PM
OH for ...... sake, people have completely ruined it for everyone who don't live in the us..... how can you be so ignorant to think everyone lives in the us!:rolleyes: I've waited for hour for nothing:mad: Anyone who voted for AC are silly when Ubisoft said "every pc gamer" IS a pirate! They don't deserve peoples money.

A little melodramatic arent we? You can't always get your way. You call us ignorant even though it's the fault of Amazon that you can't get the Darkness 2 deal in your country. When I made this post I didnt consider "what about the people of county X?" I am a US consumer, your complaint is out of my control. You'll get over it I'm sure.

hughesyboozy
07-14-2012, 12:48 AM
BUT my point is you should have put it in the title like most people would as people would've seen this and then voted for something else and maybe even some EU people who don't realise you can't buy what you linked unless you live in the US........

Scorpio27
07-14-2012, 10:19 AM
I agree with hughesyboozy that you shouldn't make a thread saying there is a deal for a game and therefore don't vote it in Steam when in fact the deal is only for US customers and there are people from other countries who want the game for that price

Stixsworld
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
TBH is this game really worth the 10+$ anyways?

Seriously I gotit for free from a frend and beat it in like 6 hours tops and that is with me exploring a ♥♥♥♥ ton.

It has like 0 replay value imho. I mean yea there is a 4player coop campaign but it is 1 campaign.

I would say dont spend your $$ on this game hell I even think that Alice: Madness Returns or Revelations 2012 have more replay value than this game does.

---Stixsmaster

VickMackey187
07-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I agree with hughesyboozy that you shouldn't make a thread saying there is a deal for a game and therefore don't vote it in Steam when in fact the deal is only for US customers and there are people from other countries who want the game for that price

Your guys' arguments are great and all but just because YOU can't buy a game on Amazon and it affects your vote, doesn't mean my advice didn't benefit and have the ability to influence people in the United States. In my opinion, it is you guys that are coming across as selfish. I clearly don't immerse myself in the intricacies of what countries Amazon offers its products to. That's not my responsibility as a customer. It is your responsibility to point out that foreign customers don't have this luxury and you did that. Good job. But don't try to tell me that I can't post about this. I can post about what I damn well please. Good day.

Elenoe
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
give your advice as you wish, after all you are American :) the issue is the topic's title which caused even me to say "huh, why?".

It's really good to know how to fill "subject" of topics.

Something like "it's for $12 on amazon now" is MUCH more appropriate then "don't buy this game on steam". You really can't tell the difference?

Pvt.Parts
07-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Why would I be wanting to vote for a game I already own against one I dont. Granted of the 3 that this one was listed against one was on ps3 and not the pc but thats no reason to sway a vote.

As others have said quoting an amazon price isnt a good reason for anyone that can't use the us website for purchases, either due to locale or payment options. And posting on one games forum to promote another just comes across as the same thing as the console war fanboys.

murbz
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
You can right now get the Darkness II on Amazon for 75% off, the same price it would be on Steam if it wins. http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-40884Darkness-II2-Darkness/dp/B006JA7EWW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1342192584&sr=1-1&keywords=darkness+2 Furthermore, it is Steam activated.

Therefore, to maximize our purchasing power, I'd consider picking AC: Revelations because I haven't really seen a nice discount on this game and it would knock the price to $15

Just some food for thought!

Why the ♥♥♥♥ would I waste my money on Darkness 2 from Amazon? They region lock for people outside of the U.S. You're ignorant for thinking a majority of people live in the U.S.

I buy from STEAM because they don't region lock for Australians and don't overcharge for us. Amazon are ♥♥♥♥, their postage for games is slow if they do actually ship to AUS, and they have ♥♥♥♥ty customer service.

You're probably some Amazon employee trying to drum up business because your company couldn't compete with STEAM anyway. roflmao.

Also, get this ♥♥♥♥ outta the STEAM forums... isn't advertising other companies against the rules anyway?

VickMackey187
07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Why the ♥♥♥♥ would I waste my money on Darkness 2 from Amazon? They region lock for people outside of the U.S. You're ignorant for thinking a majority of people live in the U.S.

I buy from STEAM because they don't region lock for Australians and don't overcharge for us. Amazon are ♥♥♥♥, their postage for games is slow if they do actually ship to AUS, and they have ♥♥♥♥ty customer service.

You're probably some Amazon employee trying to drum up business because your company couldn't compete with STEAM anyway. roflmao.

Also, get this ♥♥♥♥ outta the STEAM forums... isn't advertising other companies against the rules anyway?

I thought Aussies were nice folks!? Let me be blunt, I don't give a **** about your region lock struggles. Take it up with somebody that cares about your plight.

VickMackey187
07-16-2012, 01:27 PM
give your advice as you wish, after all you are American :) the issue is the topic's title which caused even me to say "huh, why?".

It's really good to know how to fill "subject" of topics.

Something like "it's for $12 on amazon now" is MUCH more appropriate then "don't buy this game on steam". You really can't tell the difference?

I suppose in retrospect, I could have picked a more descriptive title but aren't we getting in the weeds a bit with this? I didn't mislead anyone. Both games ended up showing up on the Summer Sale featured sales list anyways so this is moot. Some of you are seriously entitled whiners...

tonkinese
07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
jeez and i thought you americans wern't all country ♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s

Uckfay Ooyay
07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought Aussies were nice folks!? Let me be blunt, I don't give a **** about your region lock struggles. Take it up with somebody that cares about your plight.

so this really was all about you to begin with. as though you could even try to hide your true motive...

I suppose in retrospect, I could have picked a more descriptive title but aren't we getting in the weeds a bit with this? I didn't mislead anyone. Both games ended up showing up on the Summer Sale featured sales list anyways so this is moot. Some of you are seriously entitled whiners...

looks who's talking. and to think all you would have had to have done to avoid this whole mess (besides not posting a message with a completely inflammatory title) would have been to show just a few minutes of adult-type patience.

surely by now you must know that the voting thing is just to see what goes in the daily sale slot next and not whether a game goes on sale or not, because they all will. but if you had been just a little more observant and intuitive, you might have noticed that a day or two before without having to raise a stink over it...:p

DirtyHarry50
07-16-2012, 05:26 PM
jeez and i thought you americans wern't all country ♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s

We're not. Best wishes to you in getting the best possible deal. I always feel badly for people in other countries when they get screwed by regional pricing.

VickMackey187
07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
so this really was all about you to begin with. as though you could even try to hide your true motive...

looks who's talking. and to think all you would have had to have done to avoid this whole mess (besides not posting a message with a completely inflammatory title) would have been to show just a few minutes of adult-type patience.

surely by now you must know that the voting thing is just to see what goes in the daily sale slot next and not whether a game goes on sale or not, because they all will. but if you had been just a little more observant and intuitive, you might have noticed that a day or two before without having to raise a stink over it...:p

Yeah, my true motive was to make life hard for Steam's foreign customers. LOL, good stuff Matlock.

And this is not a "mess." Maybe in your little world it is, but in the end this is a inconsequential discussion, spurred on by a niche of gamers who believe their self-interest has been violated while forgetting that other people have skin in the game too. Truly laughable.

Uckfay Ooyay
07-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, my true motive was to make life hard for Steam's foreign customers. LOL, good stuff Matlock.

And this is not a "mess." Maybe in your little world it is, but in the end this is a inconsequential discussion, spurred on by a niche of gamers who believe their self-interest has been violated while forgetting that other people have skin in the game too. Truly laughable.

you can pretend you don't know what i mean but people aren't blind. simply assuming complete denial won't change things, it's easy to see you had no one's interest at heart but your own...

VickMackey187
07-17-2012, 12:19 PM
you can pretend you don't know what i mean but people aren't blind. simply assuming complete denial won't change things, it's easy to see you had no one's interest at heart but your own...

If somebody out there got got the Darkness II from Amazon and AC: Revelations from Steam that day, then I optimized their buying power. Did I know all the games would cycle back through the discount? No, but hindsight is 20/20.

Now, for the funniest part. You claim I did this in my self interest. Hilariously I didn't even buy AC:R on the community sale because I heard it was subpar. But I bought yesterday as part of the Ubisoft AC package containing all the games. Therefore your assumption and argument have no merit. LOL

bdo7
07-19-2012, 12:19 AM
This guy is really catching all this hate for trying to help people?

There is nothing... nothing... NOTHING "inflammatory" or "selfish" about the original post. Maybe the thread title is misleading, but anyone who clicked on it and read the actual post could tell exactly what it was about... and consequently how it did not apply to people unable to shop at Amazon. All that had to be said was "not everyone can buy it on Amazon," and then everyone else who read this thread would understand that. And that should have been the end.

Good grief.

I'd hate to hear this bunch discussing politics or religion if this is how they discuss video game sales.

"The Darkness," indeed. I can see it clearly. :/

WhoIsThisGit
07-22-2012, 09:33 AM
VickMackey made an honest mistake so I'm not going to shed tears over it like some other people are. Trouble is, then he comes across as a complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and I lose sympathy for all the unnecessary hate he's getting from everyone else; who are butthurt over Amazon and a steam sale (lol). If you put something like this into perspective, it's a really small inconvenience that doesn't really affect you much at all and I hope people realise this.

Long story short, lots of people acting like ♥♥♥♥♥.