PDA

View Full Version : Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

thorrium
07-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Dose the " Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga" have Divinity II: Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance in it or do I have to buy them separately?

Solon25
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
DKS is Divinity II complete, go and buy it hurry ;)

apefan
07-21-2012, 01:10 PM
From the store page:

Live the entire adventures of the Dragon Knight, in a great RPG that includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Ego Draconis, and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance! Explore Rivellon, a fantasy world ravaged by a secular war.

thorrium
07-21-2012, 01:14 PM
thanks guys... went and got it, anyone knows if I can transfer a game to someone else? cause I already had Divinity II: Ego Draconis... (never played either)...

edit:

and before someone laughs it was a birthday gift from 30th of april... just never had the time to play it...

AfterstarX
07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm a bit confused and wondering this myself as well.
Is "Divinity II:The Dragon Knight Saga" basically DII:Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance remastered?
Does it contain any new content?
Buying this makes DII:Ego Draconis obsolete,so there is no need to buy it?

mortissitrom
07-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Yup it is the two games remastered. There are new weapons, a few graphical improvements and the two games are so put together, that you can seamlessly switch at the end of ED to FOV. Other then that there are no differences.
So yes, it makes the purchase of single ED obsolete.

Mo

Raze
07-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes, DKS is D2:ED plus FoV.

In the D2:ED section of DKS, compared to the original release there are a few changes, but no new quests or content added to that part of the game. For changes, the flying fortress were redesigned (with all but one of the anti-dragon shields removed), quest experience was boosted to make levelling faster at the beginning of the game, some opponents and placing were changed (particularly at the start of the fjords), some skills were balanced, difficulty spikes addressed, the level dependence of combat was reduced (so opponents more than a few character levels below you could still potentially be a threat in groups, and more than a few above wouldn't be impossible to defeat), and a bunch of little things.

There is no need to buy D2:ED if you have DKS, and if you don't have either then DKS is the one to get, especially for the inclusion of the add-on FoV, and the lack of DRM (contractual issues prevented the removal of copy protection from the original release of D2:ED).