PDA

View Full Version : Invincible combination.

Altheion
07-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Not sure if I should tag this as a suggestion or such, I need more info before I can suggest a "nerf"

Right me and a friend spent roughly 4 hours yesterday playing against each other and we found that one particular combination of units will rush through your entire base with little difficulties.

The combination is as follows, also I don't really recall the names of the units so I'll state their roles instead.

Brute,Healer,Speed (Boris I think) healer and brute I think it was.
If you fully upgrade those units (The actual units not shields etc) they will run through your maze like nothing. At best I think I managed to kill the first brute and that's it. That was with fully upgraded towers everywhere on the map. There probably are better ways to counter this army than the ones I've tried but I feel like killing every single one of them is impossible.

If anybody find a viable tactic to taking down this combination of units please do reply. Also my friend noticed that you can also use "Brute, healer and then rest random, or if it was "Brute,healer,boris and then random" and you'll have equal success but with more units pushing through, i.e more damage to the enemy keep.

Voyler
07-25-2012, 07:11 AM
I think you mean shielder, because the healer won't benefit the brute in any way, except maybe with his companionship.

If you are having troubles killing brutes you need more lightning and cannons to kill him, everything else in the wave you just need a balanced tower build.

Edit: also Boris (the speed guy) is best sent at the end of waves. He affects your entire wave, its not a radius thing. When you put him in the middle of your wave you actually separate the front units from the back units.

Altheion
07-25-2012, 07:13 AM
I think you mean shielder, because the healer won't benefit the brute in any way, except maybe with his companionship.

If you are having troubles killing brutes you need more lightning and cannons to kill him, everything else in the wave you just need a balanced tower build.

Well I had roughly 30'ish fully upgraded cannon towers along with 15-20 fully upgraded lightning towers and yeah I managed to kill the brute that leads the pack, but the rest get's through with next to no damage. The unit that replenishes the shields is somewhat overpowered at the moment as it seems to replenish the shield once 1 stack per second or so. I spammed out lightning towers and that didn't keep the shield away for all too long.

Voyler
07-25-2012, 07:15 AM
as long as the lightnings were in range of your cannons you should be fine. If you have one section then the other, you will have a hard time. They will live past the lightnings then replenish shields in your cannon section.

Altheion
07-25-2012, 07:20 AM
as long as the lightnings were in range of your cannons you should be fine. If you have one section then the other, you will have a hard time. They will live past the lightnings then replenish shields in your cannon section.

Get someone you know and have him/her send this combination of units against you, remember to have them fully upgraded since that makes a -huge- difference. And then tell me if it's as easy as you make it sound :p The brute is well.. brutal when it comes to taking damage, regardless if you use correct towers or not. I've had a complete map basically spamming cannonballs at him when he was in the front leading the OP pack. I managed to get him down roughly 80-90% in on my maze. I think as absolute best I killed the first 2 units of the particular combination. So give it a try, you'll find that cannon towers and lightning will have -huge- difficulties taking him down even if you fill the entire map with them.

Voyler
07-25-2012, 07:25 AM
I've killed fully upgraded brutes within the first 10 hexes many times before, proper towers makes the hugest difference ever.

If you are still having difficulties, Id suggest placing a hammer tower near your cannons/lightning and it will help a lot in killing the front guy earlier in your maze. Also, provided you have consistent lightning through catapults work pretty well vs their armor.

Killing the shielder behind the brute you will want a lot of arrows / maybe a few catapults.

Boris is more of a trouble while other units are alive, but if you are able to kill the front 2, he should be easy.

Altheion
07-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I've killed fully upgraded brutes within the first 10 hexes many times before, proper towers makes the hugest difference ever.

If you are still having difficulties, Id suggest placing a hammer tower near your cannons/lightning and it will help a lot in killing the front guy earlier in your maze. Also, provided you have consistent lightning through catapults work pretty well vs their armor.

Killing the shielder behind the brute you will want a lot of arrows / maybe a few catapults.

Boris is more of a trouble while other units are alive, but if you are able to kill the front 2, he should be easy.

When you killed the brute was it fully upgraded with the shield spamming unit and healer present? The those guys makes a HUGE difference. Also when you send that particular combination of units at someone not fully upgraded they usually kill it without effort, then you add 3 ranks in each and they're close to invincible. I -always- use the proper towers against all units. Which is why I made this post. If the proper towers has such a big problem killing the units then what's the point? As it is now the first person that rushes to this particular combination of units fully upgraded will win the game.

Like I said, go up against someone that has fully upgraded them and -then- try to kill the brute within the first 10 hexagons. If you do I'll give you my soul :p

Those 3 ranks in brute, shield, healer makes a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. Trust me.

ADEMU5
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I honestly think the meta point of being able to ultimately make an undefeatable army is that eventually the game -will- end.