PDA

View Full Version : Australian Dark Souls Price now $70

Slayer2.0
07-26-2012, 01:20 AM
So steam, you orignally have our steam price set to $40, that's fine, I log into steam today, $70, WHAT. THE. F-UCK. Seriously, i just finished transferring $42 over (conversion rate included) to my pay pal and now I have to add another $30.... that's stupid

Shin
07-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Look at the threads below on the same topic.. Apparently you can get it from some other Australian online provider.

Slayer2.0
07-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Look at the threads below on the same topic.. Apparently you can get it from some other Australian online provider.

Yeah, doing that now, steam needs to learn to stop ripping people off

Shin
07-26-2012, 01:32 AM
It's not steam.

It's EB games whining to the publisher than they want to keep their retail markup (it's 68$ in EB) and the publisher knee-capping steam so it doesn't compete.

Hopefully EB will go bust (not like they care about PC gaming anyway) and we can start getting decent prices.

Slayer2.0
07-26-2012, 01:51 AM
It's not steam.

It's EB games whining to the publisher than they want to keep their retail markup (it's 68$ in EB) and the publisher knee-capping steam so it doesn't compete.

Hopefully EB will go bust (not like they care about PC gaming anyway) and we can start getting decent prices.

EB seriously needs to learn to put a sock in the ♥♥♥♥ing mouth, it's like as if they want to ruin the PC market for australian players, it is actually one of my reasons why I want to move from this nation is because of how ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it is when it comes to pricing, it's stupid.

Gorthauran
07-26-2012, 02:26 AM
EB seriously suck, I've never bought games from them or ever will, they sell for the maximum retail price. You can get much better deals at JB Hifi for example on games and everything else.

Look at the other thread though, use the code posted in there at green man gaming and get the game for $32. :)

Slayer2.0
07-26-2012, 02:28 AM
EB seriously suck, I've never bought games from them or ever will, they sell for the maximum retail price. You can get much better deals at JB Hifi for example on games and everything else.

Look at the other thread though, use the code posted in there at green man gaming and get the game for $32. :)

Yeah, dude GMG looks really awesome with that price, I dont blame steam for the price hike, it's just retail being a butthurt manchild. Hopefully if paypal finishes my money transfer tomorrow, I'll buy it right off the bat.