PDA

View Full Version : Did you manage to kill/beat the boss guy?

Shinigamius
08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Did anyone manage to beat the last boss?
I have trouble with him, he's too fast to catch up to, too tough to kill and only appears like once per 10 tracks.

Snipufin
08-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I managed to beat him twice, but both times the game then crashed at the loading screen.

Protip: At the car selection menu, click "Story" and select "The Adversary", that'll bring you to the final boss.

freakn1ck
08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
you just need a good run of boxes
nitros + ammo at the right time and drop some mines

also as the above poster said just select story mode and last selection is adversary race

Evantaur
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
the key to defeat the boss guy is not to have a ♥♥♥♥ing wrench/money/IDDQD crate drop when you need NOS/ammo

seriously the boss is easymode without wrenches/money/immortal crates
he drives exactly the same path every time and he'll drive to his own mines if you just dodge them

Shinigamius
08-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks a ton! I'll go try again :)
Yays I got him, thanks for the tips! Took 4 nitros to beat him for 0.12 sec.
Tried killing him - was chasing him entire lap shooting in his "dead and blinking" back and he never exploded.

Evantaur
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks a ton! I'll go try again :)
Yays I got him, thanks for the tips! Took 4 nitros to beat him for 0.12 sec.
Tried killing him - was chasing him entire lap shooting in his "dead and blinking" back and he never exploded.

it took me 1 try to win him
40 tries to kill him, and that's cause there were freakling wrenches/money in the boxes when i needed guns or nitros, he either got away or i didn't have enough firepower to take him down

(also what's with the ending comic even if you lose)

Skaery
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
you just need a good run of boxes
nitros + ammo at the right time and drop some mines

also as the above poster said just select story mode and last selection is adversary race
I did it like this too with the Interceptor and missiles.

A good place to drop the mines is by the finish line (notice he always drives the same place). If you're lucky he'll drop a few mines himself that he'll hit on the next round.

Tulipopa
08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I beat him by killing him on my 5th try.
During the first 3 attempts, I tried to beat him, but I noticed that he is way too fast and I didn't want to rely on luck.

During the 4th and 5th attempts, I chased him the first lap with missiles as best as I could, but when he went out of sight I stopped to wait for him. Once he drove past me, I started launching missiles at him again and I tried to chase him with the machine gun as best as I could. I stopped again to wait for him and I repeated this cycle until he was dead. It required at least one ammo drop, but it was better than getting 3+ nitros in my opinion.

LSilva
08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Took a while, but yes. As other pointed out, it's just a matter of being lucky with nitro drops, keep a steady trajectory and not step on mines.

Shinigamius
08-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Its kind of sad we have to rely on luck to beat the final boss.

Silphatos
08-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Winning the race was easy, but killing the guy was a lot harder. I tried almost 15 times to destroy him I guess.

Shinigamius
08-08-2012, 02:10 AM
2 rockets + ton of bullets when he was red and blinking (do I have to mention rockets are golden?),
chasing him entire lap shooting in his back while his health was blinking (nitro, steadily sitting on his back and putting bullets in him)
And he didn't die...

Blinking health mode has a bug in my game. They take around 30-50% extra damage when their health goes blinking compared to total damage dealt. What about yours?

skoen
08-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I beat him by finishing first, but then my game crashed during the loading screen after the victory.

Rektumsaft
08-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I killed him using golden deliverator and golden missile, chasing him and firing the missiles every straight stretch.

AlbertoCastillo
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
In my case, after joining his race and failing, he showed up in other Extreme/Hard races and there it's much easier to kill him.

The one I am unable to kill is Thor Haugen, this is the last guy I am trying to kill.

Deathspawner
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Its kind of sad we have to rely on luck to beat the final boss.

Exactly my thought. I think the final race is total BS due to this.

Advocate666
08-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I've found that if you can knock him into the wall or into barrels and try to stay in front of him after using nos, you can win the race, but I haven't been able to kill him in story mode.

Evantaur
08-12-2012, 10:08 AM
turn multiplayer on -> join game -> press skip -> kill the adversary with 4 rockets -> profit :P

Demonidze
08-12-2012, 12:47 PM
interceptor is the way to go, can keep up with him most of the time, and missles just to slow him down that little bit.. on last lap used the last 2 nitros i had to take a lead. ezpz

GryMp
08-12-2012, 07:14 PM
For me, it was easiest to beat him in the race by using the Gatling gun, because it's easier to destroy barrels to pick up more nitro with the Gatling gun. To kill him, I used Missile weapon instead and put mines in his track, because he used the same path next lap and hit the mines.

turn multiplayer on -> join game -> press skip -> kill the adversary with 4 rockets -> profit :P
Yeah, I noticed that he always appears as one of the opponents when you do that. He doesn't have his usual car either. It's pretty easy to kill him when he drives around in a Sentinel with bad upgrades.

Lernokda
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Im giving up.

Had 20 to 30 tries, fully upgraded Interceptor.
driving straight lines, in narrow circle.
Tried Rockets to slow him, didn't work out.
Tried Minigun to shoot crates.
Laying mines in his path, but he doesnt slow down.
Even when im lucky and get 4 nitros, hes much faster then me.
Something seems buggy, this cant be!

Apojuice
08-24-2012, 12:30 PM
It's really simple, just pick the striker/missiles and make sure you unload on im straight away then place your mines on the top of the map to make sure he'll drive into them. Then you just stand still and destroy crates for ammo until he comes back around. You can kill him on the 3rd/4th time he overlaps you. Simple :D

VALiSiMO
08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
It's really simple, just pick the striker/missiles and make sure you unload on im straight away then place your mines on the top of the map to make sure he'll drive into them. Then you just stand still and destroy crates for ammo until he comes back around. You can kill him on the 3rd/4th time he overlaps you. Simple :D

Yep - this is the easiest way to kill him :cool: