PDA

View Full Version : Creating Custom Radar Issue

Espier
08-14-2012, 05:25 PM
I am able to create the .dds file for the map and it appears when I load up the map.

The problem I'm having is that the image in the radar is stretched vertically (y-axis) which I don't understand. The x-axis seems to be accurate.

I have the scale at 4 and I took the screenshot at 1920x1080 with cl_leveloverviewmarker 1080.

Any ideas?

ToMoBoBo
08-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I had the same problem. I had to just manually adjust the Y axis until it looked right.

_ACID_
08-14-2012, 08:40 PM
You have to use cl_leveloverview and the other cl_leveloverviewxxxx command. Set your res to 1280x1024, then set that second cl_leveloverviewblabla to 1024. This will display a red line on your screen at X coordinate 1024.

Take your screenshot, note the cl_leveloverview parameters that are being printed in the console, then open the screenshot in your image editor and cut away the 256 superfluous pixels right of the red line and proceed like you did before.

Long story short, stretching occurs because the game stretches all overviews to squares, so if you want an accurate radar your screen has to be square too.

edit: a random fact: you can't have overview text files link to other map's dds files. Your maps dds and txt have to have the same name.

Espier
08-14-2012, 09:56 PM
So ya, silly me. I didn't crop out everything right of the red line when I exported to .dds :)

So make sure you have a perfectly square .dds image!