PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my spouse in bed in Skyrim?

Kutt
01-30-2013, 05:19 PM
How do I get my spouse in bed in skyrim?

When you sleep in the bed your spouse is sleeping in, you get the "you wake up feeling your lovers comfort" perk, which implies that you had sex and allows your skills to increase faster.

My spouse just goes around the house cooking and whatnot, but I can't get him into bed, what's going on?

tibetanpunk
01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
They're having an affair!!

Larry1212
01-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Maybe he's just using you for a visa?

Gustave5436
01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Have you tried getting him drunk?

DARK_ANDY
01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
For a serious reply even though I have never played the game :

Maybe you're always seeing him at the wrong times of the day? Have you watched him for an entire day and night?

AraxisHT
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
NPCs go to bed at night time.

Eriako
01-30-2013, 05:40 PM
I thought you just had to go to sleep in the same house to get that? Bear in mind that if you're a werewolf you cannot get that or the well rested bonus.

Master Splinter
01-30-2013, 06:28 PM
You know there are "ways" of getting what you want, right? Just keep it quiet, or the neighbors will call the guards on your ♥♥♥.

Naruzuru
01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Like I said in your previous thread, NPCs have a sleep schedule. You'll find your spouse sleeping at night.

And to get Lover's Comfort, all you need to do is sleep in a bed in the same house that your spouse is living in. They don't have to sleep together at the same time(This implies you don't necessarily have to have sex with your spouse to feel comfort ;) ).

If your spouse is a follower that's following you, you'll get the bonus wherever you sleep though.

Though, keep in mind, like Eriako said, you won't get the bonus if you're a werewolf.

Kutt
01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Like I said in your previous thread, NPCs have a sleep schedule. You'll find your spouse sleeping at night.

And to get Lover's Comfort, all you need to do is sleep in a bed in the same house that your spouse is living in. They don't have to sleep together at the same time(This implies you don't necessarily have to have sex with your spouse to feel comfort ;) ).

If your spouse is a follower that's following you, you'll get the bonus wherever you sleep though.

Though, keep in mind, like Eriako said, you won't get the bonus if you're a werewolf.

How do I know what my spouse's sleeping schedule is?

Also, if I become a werewolf through the companions quest, can I un-werewolf myself?

Animositisomina
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Also, if I become a werewolf through the companions quest, can I un-werewolf myself?

Yes, there's an optional quest at the end which allows you to "un-werewolf" yourself.

Naruzuru
01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
How do I know what my spouse's sleeping schedule is?

Depends on who your spouse is, I think. For example, Aela sleeps at midnight, while Mjoll sleeps at around 2am. Best bet is just to follow them around after 9pm. Wait every hour until they sleep in their bed.

And yep, you can unwerewolf yourself during a quest at the end of the companion quest line.

shady1202
01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
There is a mod if you are interested.

Kutt
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Depends on who your spouse is, I think. For example, Aela sleeps at midnight, while Mjoll sleeps at around 2am. Best bet is just to follow them around after 9pm. Wait every hour until they sleep in their bed.

And yep, you can unwerewolf yourself during a quest at the end of the companion quest line.

How long is an hour in Skyrim?

Naruzuru
01-31-2013, 01:28 AM
How long is an hour in Skyrim?

Press "T" and you can set how long you want to wait.

Elfarmerino
01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Sometime's the Lover's Comfort bonus is not activated properly when you first get married. To fix it without console commands, you need to talk to your spouse and ask if you can move in to their old place, giving you a miscellaneous quest objective to visit them in their home. Go and do this, then speak to them again to tell them to move back wherever you want them to live. This should fix it so that you get the bonus whenever you sleep at home (or anywhere if your spouse is a follower).

Mephitic
01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
After completing the Companions quest line and getting rid of the fleas, I've found that I don't get any sleeping bonuses of any kind. It isn't critical, but I do sort of miss them.

(in case it wasn't clear -- I've cured myself of lycanthropy)

Animositisomina
01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
After completing the Companions quest line and getting rid of the fleas, I've found that I don't get any sleeping bonuses of any kind. It isn't critical, but I do sort of miss them.

(in case it wasn't clear -- I've cured myself of lycanthropy)

Unfortunately, this is a common bug with becoming a werewolf. Even when you cure it, the sleep bonuses don't come back. You can fix it by typing the following two commands into the console:

set playeriswerewolf to 0
player.setstage F6090 100

Mephitic
01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Thank you most kindly, Animositisomina! I'll try it on next launch. Whether it works for me or not (I suspect it will), ++rep. Thanks again.

xybolt
02-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately, this is a common bug with becoming a werewolf. Even when you cure it, the sleep bonuses don't come back. You can fix it by typing the following two commands into the console:

set playeriswerewolf to 0
player.setstage F6090 100

this fix had helped at me, so don't worry about it Mephitic, it should work at you too :)

Appl250
02-03-2013, 05:00 AM
I can't get any lovers comfort with the kids and the dog in the same bedroom and bard in the main hall who always starts beating her drum.

Kutt
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I can't get any lovers comfort with the kids and the dog in the same bedroom and bard in the main hall who always starts beating her drum.

Wait, you can have children in Skyrim?!?!?!?

Appl250
02-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Wait, you can have children in Skyrim?!?!?!?

You need to purchase the Hearthfire DLC.

Mephitic
02-04-2013, 09:44 AM
The sleep bonus fix detailed by Animositisomina above doesn't appear to have worked for me but there may be other issues interfering. It isn't a big deal, my character is advanced far beyond being able to take significant advantages of sleep bonuses.

The good news is that I was concerned that my kids would bring home a mudcrab or worse to adopt as a pet. The Nine have intervened, evidently, because as I had fervently hoped they adopted a fox. Yay!

Animositisomina
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
The sleep bonus fix detailed by Animositisomina above doesn't appear to have worked for me...

Were there any errors when you typed the commands?

Mephitic
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Were there any errors when you typed the commands?

Only one at first, caused by my own typo. I forgot the "to" in the set command but subsequent attempts seemed to work fine, no errors.

I tried saving then restarting the game after closing the console, too... a couple of times. Again, I really appreciate your help and suggestions.

I've looked into it a bit and there's another suggestion that I haven't tried yet -- setting the quest stage to zero, saving and loading, then setting the stage to 100, saving and loading again. Can't hurt to try, I suppose. Still, its no biggie, there certainly are bigger fish to fry.

I only have a few mods and I don't think they should interfere.
Unofficial patches for the game and Hearthfire, Unread Books Glow, and Civil War Repair.

The character has completed all quest lines and maxed out almost all of the skill trees and perks. I still have a few words of power to find and a few unvisited locations.

And a bandit to chase down and decapitate. He showed up at my home so I chased him off with Hysteria then got distracted and didn't finish him off. He took a sniper shot at me long distance with a bow and missed me but killed one of my chickens. He'll pay... oh he'll pay.