PDA

View Full Version : any other anti cheat type stuff i can add to my server?

blazt4me
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm just wonderin if there is any other stuff out there. Just cause i see <font color=orange>a lot</font> of servers runnin vac, but i see this csp authetcation stuff or whatever it is? my first server so i'm lookin to add so more secruity or somethin to it. Just wonderin if anyone can give me some suggestions of what to look for?

*edit*
I see cal has a plugin for there stuff but does it work with mani mod? it says to delete everything in the addon file but i would like to keep the mani mod. if anyone knows please get back to me thanks in adv.

slowhand
08-16-2005, 06:45 AM
yep it work ... on my server are 5 dif. mods ( inkl. mani ) + csp1.1

LaZyDayZ
08-16-2005, 07:12 AM
Nothing compares to an admins presence.

I would second Mani plug-in and also look at steambans.com

blazt4me
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
thanks alot guys. Just one more question i got if anyone can answer are there any videos or anything that i can find out what to watch for and for my admins to watch for gameplay wise when watching another player. Just cause there are some things that are obvious. I think i got a guy cheating on my server. but its hard to tell just he does werid burst fires like 10 bullets at once and they all land perfect getting him headshots on anyone he coems into contact with he also seems to always know exactly where people are.

just wonderin if theres any videos or anything showing cheats bein used or if u guys got any suggestions what to watch for when watching a player?

LaZyDayZ
08-17-2005, 02:36 PM
With the relese of VAC2 we dont do much banning for suspected hacking anymore.

On rare occasion we will see a speed hack and of course boot them.

Alot of people are just really good and make plenty of headshots also a veteran player knows where to be looking and you might mistake that for a wall hack.

Nothing wrecks a server more than admin kicking good people cause they think they hack.

No videos I can link too, a few have been in these forums before.

Colster
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
One suggestion is to get hold of an aimbot and wallhack script and unsecure your server, password it and let your admins try them out, then spec each other using them.

You will soon see patterns of behaviour that make spotting cheats easy.

Guys doing 180 turns and perfect head shots are sure signs of ESP and AimBOT.

Guys standing facing the walls near open areas are wall hackers checking the ground ahead.

Hard to put into words but try the above and you will see what i mean.