PDA

View Full Version : Server Choke

Growler
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Win xp pro, 4 scrds servers on the machine. Nothing else, straight into a 100mb pipe, 33 ticrate (for now anyway)

we have been getting HUGE ammounts of client side choke issues, and have even monitored the server during the choke times, and the server is fine. No loss issues while the choke is happening, and i can definately say it is not client side settings, is something to do with the server config/setup.

Have done all the usual checks & steps, spyware, virus, defrag etc.

This lag/choke issue seems to relate with the assault server update.

server is running Mani, hlstatsx & stasme-mini.

Has anyone else experienced this? or have any suggestions as to what other things we could look at for troube shooting.

Whisper
08-23-2005, 06:53 PM
How about player numbers?

Read this anyhow: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293285

It explains the causes of choke as part of it.

Growler
08-23-2005, 07:07 PM
we NEVER used to have issues, thats the thing.

only ever happened roughly since that assault update.

Whisper
08-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Growler
we NEVER used to have issues, thats the thing.

only ever happened roughly since that assault update.

Well I was aware of an issue, but as far as I am concerned that issue has now been resolved!!

Do a fresh SRCDS install from scratch is all I can suggest.

belcherman
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Its not the server its SRCDS. Its one of themost poorly designed programs ever made. The game is fun anf fantastic and I run 3 servers. All 3 will crash when they want. I have them setup to auto restart. I am experienced with running game servers since 1998. All my HL2 servers blow up at random. I run Quake2 , UT2004 also as game servers as well. The hl2 servers have crashed a ton while the ut2004 and quake server have not even one time in 30 days. Diffrence is a Great Desinged server program vs a poorly and half a$$es designed one. This should be a proiority as it is FREE ADVERTISING for there game. We run it free of charge and promote thier game for nothing. SRCDS is so buggy ive seen tons of posts on this forum showing the same crash errors and no fixes for it. Never seen this before with anything else. It owuld be nice to have a SRCDS update along with the rest of em........... without servers the game would be pointless. SO lets fix the server program.............

buzzard
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
The only time any of my servers have crashed are due to custom maps running.
Never had any crash with only stock maps.