PDA

View Full Version : READ ME FIRST: Current Issues List

Ritual-MikeR
05-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I've made a sticky post over at the Ritualistic forums that I'm going to keep updating with issues we are investigating, and workarounds as we find them.

You can find the post here:

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18218

trek554
05-11-2006, 02:17 PM
well since you are addressing things when will you be upgrading to the stutter free code? i hope you know that there are tons of clipping issues in the game. you said it was normal to get shot through walls. thats some strong bullets then. that doesnt explain all the model clipping though.

swebarb
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Its just sad that the stutter bug still is present over 1 year since hl2 was released. Why cant valve seem to fix this ? It cant be fun for ritual having all theese users with this problem and cant help them cause the makers of the engine does not seem to have a clue how to solve it.

trek554
05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by swebarb
Its just sad that the stutter bug still is present over 1 year since hl2 was released. Why cant valve seem to fix this ? It cant be fun for ritual having all theese users with this problem and cant help them cause the makers of the engine does not seem to have a clue how to solve it. the stutter in HL2 was fixed for most people with an update a few months ago. the new Sin game is based off the old code. hopefully they will address this soon.

Hutz
05-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Is the game's difficulty not going down when you die a million times (and use the auto-load, not a manual quickload) a bug, or was it intended to get too difficult for the gamer? (If so, sorry, I can't play this anymore)

pepiman
05-12-2006, 12:33 AM
while you're at it, throw in some multiplayer already !

Makismo
05-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Will you be using the Source Engine 2707 (last official version) or will you wait until Source Engine 2742 (Beta) is complete before using it? The Beta Engine has some stability issues but I would wait until it is complete before redoing the net-code since the latter version is more stutter free.

I also think that the difficulty system gets too hard too quickly. I would make it adjust a little more slowly. Also, can you put a Time Demo test into the game? It would be fun to use the new SiN game as a gaming benchmark. Thanks for your time.

Ritual-MikeR
05-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I've updated the Common Issues post above.

We are working on the code merge to fix the stutter bug, but I do not have an ETA.

I do not know what version of Source we are merging to.

fyren
05-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I tried both commands in drop-down as suggested by ritual tech. I still can't go on

AMD x2-4200
2gig
7800gt in SLI

Aweasome game- better then HL2, if I can go on after U4 Lab. But for the price- I would like to finish the game.

sIy
05-13-2006, 02:14 AM
glad to see a member of ritual actually reading and responding good job thats what us fan boys like

fyren
05-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by sIy
glad to see a member of ritual actually reading and responding good job thats what us airconditioned youths like

ingrish?

Hutz
05-13-2006, 01:28 PM
The Steam forums replace a certain word with airconditioned youths. Airconditioned = fan, youth = boys.

Hutz
05-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh, here's another one - when you jump into the car, the help text for the controls only appear for a tenth of a second.

Moleculor
05-14-2006, 04:06 PM
There are supposed to be help texts for the car controls? Wow.

Superslash
05-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hutz
Oh, here's another one - when you jump into the car, the help text for the controls only appear for a tenth of a second.

I'm more concerned with the car controls sucking. I must have done that short section after the wood piles some 80 times because the damn controls are so counterintuitive.

If i'm sitting in the front right seat and hit right, i expect to lean out the window no matter what direction i'm facing.

I expect back to go to the seat right behind me, and then left to go to the other seat.

I expect jump to stand me up out the skylight and then be able to lean around a bit up there.

It makes sense.

What doesnt make sense is back going left, or sometimes out the skylight. Forwards going out the window or to the back seat, and right going to the back seat and sometimes out the OTHER window.

AFearOfCows
05-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Oh this happened to others as well - I thought it was just me being rubbish! Is there a way of actually getting out of the car before you get killed?

Hutz
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I fluked it the first time, but after that I just kept getting [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] by heavy gunners.

Moloko
05-15-2006, 04:52 PM
ETA for the patch? :)

From Ritual-MikeR:Wednesday afternoon. I'll post the patch notes as soon as I have verified that the fixes going into the patch work.
Source: Ritualistic forum.. Check out the link in the first post in this thread.
;)

Ritual-Parnic
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
You normally don't take damage when staying inside the car - it's leaning/standing that cause you to do so.

The car controls are designed with intuitiveness in mind; if you are facing the back seat and press forward, you go forward *into* the back seat. If you are facing the front in the passenger side and press right, you go out of the window to your right. Does this help clarify the car controls?

AFearOfCows
05-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks Parnic, I think all I needed was to take a break & confront it again on another day - now stuck in the parking lot of Supremacy Tower - man those chain gunners are tough!

Hutz
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
The car control popup needs to be fixed. It shows up for like a tenth of a second as you're entering the vehicle.

Ritual-Parnic
05-17-2006, 12:38 PM
So you never see the car controls for more than a fraction of a second? Hmm...I don't recall having this problem. I'll talk to the devs and see if we can figure out what's up. Thanks.

Hollow Man
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Yep, I didn't even know you could move anywhere in the car until I read it in the forums. So when I went back and reloaded the saves in that area, I noticed that the controls displayed for that tenth of a second.

It's a lot more fun being in the car when you realize you can lean out the side or peer over the top and shoot the baddies.

-HM

trek554
05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ritual-Parnic
So you never see the car controls for more than a fraction of a second? Hmm...I don't recall having this problem. I'll talk to the devs and see if we can figure out what's up. Thanks. i can confirm that it happens for me too.

ATimson
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
So you never see the car controls for more than a fraction of a second?
Me three.

- Logan -
05-17-2006, 11:29 PM
So you never see the car controls for more than a fraction of a second? Hmm...I don't recall having this problem. I'll talk to the devs and see if we can figure out what's up. Thanks.

Yeah Mike, I'm positive I saw a couple posts on ritualistic about this too, I thought you guys knew about this. The control instructions flash on the screen for a very very brief moment, I think there are a lot of people who had this problem.

Hutz
05-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Here's another bug that I figure should be brought to attention. I posted the jist of it, as well as a little demo video, in another thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438945

Basically, the help text that tells you how to eject empty health canisters doesn't trigger until you replace one in that machine. That would explain why 9 out of 10 people don't realize you can actually do it.

Although that might not help still. Hell, I didn't even realize there were iron sights until my second playthrough... I forgot that I set a key to it, and I also missed the help text. lol

Hollow Man
05-19-2006, 06:56 AM
I didn't know there was help text for that! I just figured it out after screwing around with the device for 5 minutes.

-HM

Hutz
05-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, it would be a lot more helpful if the text appeared as you reach that station.

David_Krutsko
05-26-2006, 08:50 PM
well, as long as ure addressing issues, consider the bug that some people get from he begging where even a high end system lags at the beggining of the game

David_Krutsko
07-30-2006, 04:09 PM
as long as we aqddressing current issues, perhaps u can fix the link.... every time i click on it it says "page cannot be displayed".... please repaire it....

DK--

Sarkie
08-04-2006, 06:15 AM

and

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18219

David_Krutsko
08-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Sarkie

and

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18219

thanks...

DK--

smash
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Bump to avoid plague o' purge.

jules066
02-27-2010, 12:55 AM
i can get sin episodes to run it crashes afeter the ritual logo or i get game not avablible plz help me.

B0FH
02-27-2010, 04:44 AM
i can get sin episodes to run it crashes afeter the ritual logo or i get game not avablible plz help me.

What's your operating system, specs, graphics card and driver version?

thejackal
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm also not able to play Sin: Emergence. When I load, I get the first few screens and then after the short music and the Sin logo coming in towards me, I get the static Sin logo for about 3-5 seconds and then it crashes back to the desktop. I originally installed from the DVD and today I removed the local files and re-downloaded everything (I was surprised it let me since I didn't buy it through Steam).
I have tried the -autoconfig and -windowed commands to see if there was a change and there wasn't.
I'm running Windows XP SP3, have a 2.4 Ghz processor with 1 GB RAM. My graphics card is the Gigabyte HD 4650 1 GB model (comes up as an ATI 4600 Radeon Series). I'm using the Radeon Omega drivers version 4.8.442. Is there anything you need?

ViralHatred
04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Tried uninstalling the game and installing the whole thing from Steam without using the DVD?

thejackal
04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Tried uninstalling the game and installing the whole thing from Steam without using the DVD?

Yes I have. A couple of times in fact. I deleted the local game content, installed from the DVD and also downloaded the client from Steam and nothing has worked.

ViralHatred
04-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm on Windows XP SP3 (I think, I was hesitant after the security breach caused by SP3)

I've a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS 256mb with 2GB RAM and a 1.6GHz processor. Game runs smooth as a babies bottom with all settings maxed.

Try reverting to an earlier driver version on your ATI.

thejackal
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm on Windows XP SP3 (I think, I was hesitant after the security breach caused by SP3)

I've a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS 256mb with 2GB RAM and a 1.6GHz processor. Game runs smooth as a babies bottom with all settings maxed.

Try reverting to an earlier driver version on your ATI.

I can try that. Do you think it matters that I'm using the Omega drivers instead of the standard ones?