PDA

View Full Version : Better way of adding to My Media

Quitch
05-14-2006, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see a better implementation of adding media to your list, as the whole browser process is slow and feels clunky.

Why not make it like My Games where media not installed is greyed out? There doesn't seem to be any easy way of spotting from the All Media list which media I don't have, so far as I can tell I need to memorise my list, then view All Media.

My Games has already got it right where demos are offered up, but greyed out, so why not just do the same here?

Boff
05-20-2006, 07:13 AM
You mean have an "uninstalled Media section"?

I think I'd prefer a Plus icon and a "trash Can" icon on the Media heading.
One can click and drag the items into the trash can.

Clicking on the plus can bring up a small steam popup with the list of media NOT installed, and "further Details" to click on to Hop to the chunky Web version.

Quitch
05-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I mean, rather than making me follow links through a slow and clunky browser to click Add to My Media buttons, I just want it all listed in My Media, white if I've installed it and grey if I haven't.

I want everything in My Media.

xbskid
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
They need to extend the system they use for adding games when you've purchased a package and you get to choose which games you add to your My Games List further into Steam. Maybe accessible from a button labelled "Add Games/Media", and it brings up a simple Steam-skinned popup with a list of all the games and media that you own, and all of the checked games or media will appear under My Games or My Media respectively. Then when you click the Add button at the base of the popup, it should ask you if you wish to delete the game content of any games you've removed (That is, of course, only if you did remove a game). And then it should update the games that are on your My Games list accordingly. This could also be extended to include tabs to shorten the lists. A tab for Valve games, a tab for Third Party games, a tab for Media, and possibly a tab for Mods if that can be implemented properly.