PDA

View Full Version : not working even after Port Forward

drkside
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
i can't seem to set up my hlds.

I've done it before, but now it doesn't want to work. I have a bell speadstream router/modem, and i have forwarded the correct ports, i'm posative. When i try to run my hlds (i use the GUI, i'm not a super master coder =]) and it sais connection to steam servers succesful and lists the two mast ip things, and then sais VAC secure mode is activated.

However when i go to whatsmyip.org and add that to my favourites, it sais not responding. I of course add :27015 at the end.

As a little test to myself, i enabled DMZ to see if the problem was with my router, or with something else, but i still get the same problem. So this means that the problem is not with my router correct?

Lastly, i tried to set up a different internet connection in my "Netwrok connections" feature. Leaving me with a broadband connection, and inernet gateway connection, and two lan or hughspeed connections. The new connection i made was the broadband connection. So before that, i would connect to the internet using the internet gate way connection. Now........ when i made the connection and launched my hlds, it said could not connect with master servers, but when i added it to favourites, again using my external ip, it worked. However, the VAC was not enabled even if it was specified to do so........ Now, i don't want to leave my server without VAC nor do i want to keep this new internet connection.

please help....

derekcopping
02-21-2007, 05:40 PM
How exactly did u set up a new internet connection and make it work? I need to do so with my standalone server because I've forwarded all my ports as well but my friend says to try that so can you tell me how quickly?

ps2cho
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
What is your router. If you did in fact open the ports and it still does not work, its actually quite a common thing for some reason...

Try using different firmware.

drkside
02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
how do i use different firmwar...? would it affect the wireless connection??? and my router is a router/modem i got from my isp with my internet. Its a Bell Speadstream 6520

compywiz
02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Did you try connecting locally to your server first to make sure there isnt any problems? Maybe your ISP blocks the ports. Does your ISP allow you to run servers?

paulius
02-28-2007, 04:21 AM
how do i use different firmwar...? would it affect the wireless connection??? and my router is a router/modem i got from my isp with my internet. Its a Bell Speadstream 6520
Hah. That's one of the worst routers out there. I've had the chance to play with one, a few months back... The word pathetic came to my mind.

I think your problem here is a firewall. Make sure to disable any firewalls on the PC side.

Maybe your ISP blocks the ports. Does your ISP allow you to run servers?
Nope, ISP is not blocking the ports. It's a popular ISP in Canada and they don't quite do this kind of thing.

drkside
02-28-2007, 03:14 PM
no fire wall priblem, i certain its the routers fault. I mad a new inernet connection and it works, so????? the internet connection bypasses the routeR? anyways this new inernet connection is a dialup boradband, and i hate haveing to double clikc it. Help