PDA

View Full Version : MAP selection

biffsbiz
04-01-2007, 02:17 AM
For HL2 Windows dedicated server:

1. The maps that are loaded in the server's map directory (...\<account name>\source dedicated server\hl2mp\maps) do not show up in the menu drop down for selecting maps. No maps show up in the drop down. I have to manually select maps by typing the "map" command into the console. Is there any way to make the drop down menu item work?

2. How do I select the starting map? When the server starts it always loads lockdown.bsp which isn't even in my mapcycle. I tried adding commands to the server.cfg and I tried a command line instruction "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 205 +map assimilation.bsp" for when I start the server. Niether works.

Travis Bickle
04-01-2007, 05:32 AM
For one thing, your in the wrong forum. It's not your fault, they should name the source dedicated server section something like "Source Dedicated Server" & not Source DS. Anyway, sounds to me like your trying to run a server off your client? If it's dedicated, then you would be running a server separate from your client account. You have to edit a file called mapcycle and add your maps that you want to run. Then they will be available in your gui. If this doesn't help then try going here for help with source dedicated servers.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44