PDA

View Full Version : [question(s)]creating a menu clientside & thirdperson animations

jmdrummer16
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,
Can someone help me set up a simple menu clientside? Ive tried the engine->usermessagebegin and wrote all the bytes to it but it did not work (wrote server side) an example or a hint in the right direction would be great

Also - does anyone know how to set different sequences for a playermodel, for example i put in an antlion as a playermodel but of course the human sequences/animations dont work for it. so would anyone know where to put the code, and what to put? like client or serverside, i know how to get the button pressed and register a command, but im not sure how to make it change animations.

thanks guys

lodle
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
menus should be easy. What you want it for?

basic steps:
*Make a new panel (see wiki)
*bind a key in in_main.cpp
*check for key press in panel (show on press)
*do what ya want using vgui
*send final command to server using engine command (see team menu on how they do this)
*process and validate command server side (player.cpp ClientCommand())

jmdrummer16
05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
i want it so its able to pick teams, i saw the teammenu.cpp ext
is there anyway to execute that? i tried it but i kept getting all kinds of errors like, i dont know what identifier to attach to it i tried getting local player and such, didnt work

lodle
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
teammenu is all ready there. Wiki is your friend here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Creating_teams

Nothing important should be done client side as its an untrusted source.