PDA

View Full Version : combines can kill themselevs? O.o

Geowil
06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I just recently made a rough outline of one of my maps, threw some combine into it, loaded it up and started fighting them to see how they'd use the terrain.

bout half way through the test skirmish, i say some elite combine killing of their normal counterparts while trying to shoot me xD.

is there a way to stop them from doing that?

they were all in the same squad if that helps at all.

zyklus
06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
First, place some info_node in your map. NPCs act much smarter where there's something telling them where they can go. The reason I suggest this is that a poor NPC might have been in the way of another NPC's line of fire -- probably shooting at you. That NPC most likely couldn't move because it could find out where it could/couldn't move.

witalldonebefor
06-02-2007, 04:31 PM
The only NPC combine with like good AI is the metro police. They can walk like where ever they want. But the Prison Guards are less smart and stay in one place. So use the info_node.

Geowil
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
ah ok, i did have info nodes (this map i made a long time ago when i was still spamming my maps with nodes so i know thers at least 50 he could have gone to Lol) set up, but i was using the nova prospekt npcs + elite so maybe thats why xD

st_nick5
06-04-2007, 05:01 AM
try using an ai_relationship entity and set it so that they wont attack each other