PDA

View Full Version : Urban Bushido Mapping Team!

uB|Mikey
06-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Hello Mappers!

I am uB|MiKeY from the Urban Bushido CS:S Community (http://www.urbanbushido.net), a Counter-Strike: Source community which raises up to almost 1,000 dollars in Donations, Sponsorships, Pledged Subscriptions. We currently have 4 of the most popular regular, or as we like to call it, Vanilla CS:S servers!

Here at Urban Bushido we would like to present an opportunity for all Counter-Strike: Source mappers- to be on our communities mapping team. We are non-profit mappers, many of whom love the tutorials and forums that are presented here at Steam powered, who just want people to love our maps.

We want to give you the chance to make your maps famous! We only have a few simple requests, one is that you have the Urban Bushido Mapping Team signature, somewhere prominent on your map, as well as the website in the .txt file attached to your map. If you agree, you will receive acess to:

**A test server, where you can tryout your maps

**A private forum, where you can discuss upcoming map ideas, receive help if your stuck, and much more![/li]

**A ventrilo where you can come if you ever get lonely while you map, (I know I do!) and talk to other mappers and gamers alike!

**An FTP where you can upload maps to the server, as well as sharing your map VMF's with other mappers, to create a joint-map.

If there are any mappers out there that want their big debut of their Counter-Strike: Source map/s, or are just small-time mappers, that want to learn and work their way up with helpful constructive criticism, and hands-on admins to help them, I suggest that you join this mapping team.

Also, Urban Bushido expects to be one of the starting, mainstream Team Fortress II communities. If you are interested in being the first TF2 mappers, join our team and we will get you started!

All you have to do is create an account on our Website (http://www.urbanbushido.net) under the main community section, introduce yourself, and tell us that you wish to be in the Urban Bushido Mapping Team! There are no payments required, no strings attached, and (hopefully) we will have ourselves a asshat-free mapping team!

Remember, this is for Counter-Strike: Source and soon to be Team Fortress 2 mappers only. Take hold of this opportunity before its too late!

Much Love,
Urban Bushido|MiKeY
Michael McGinn

Contact me via
www.urbanbushido.net
#urbanbushido
Xfire- Mikey470

benjy355
06-04-2007, 05:05 PM
:( My ADD restricts me from mapping good (or any) CS:S maps...

uB|Mikey
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
:(

www.pandora.com

benjy355
06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Lol, I'm in Canada, I can't listen to Pandora :eek:

uB|Mikey
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
:(

Aww

Check out the site guys, I'm not lying when i say its a fair deal for everyone.

Marine
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I might do :) but maybe the advertising is inappropriate.. I dunno.

uB|Mikey
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Inappropriate? How so?

Eimnix
06-07-2007, 02:05 AM
See? But you want a mapper who spent their time creating something for so long to put up your signature and help YOU out. Granted you give them a place to test their map but why should a mapper put your signature in their map?

I'd think if you helped them out enough then someone would mention you out of gratitude, but it seems to me like your just trying to spread the word about your team and your servers. I'm not bashing your idea, it's a great idea but the fact that someone that spent alot of their time building something is then required to give you some credit for alittle testing is absurd.

And who tests a custom map off a server? I mean if you want a new map you goto FPS Banana and look through the custom maps they have up and see what you think of the screenshots...

It just seems alittle sketchy to me.

To me it seems like your just trying to spread your team's name and your servers around to get more traffic and attention. Perhaps i'm alone on this one but this is all i'm seeing.

And to end, why wouldn't someone just post their map up on here for download or find friends and put up a server with sv_lan 0 and test off that? No signatures required.

uB|Mikey
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
By test server, I mean a server where you can upload your beta maps, and have people from the uB community, actually come in and TEST the gameplay before you release the GOLD version of your map, to the other 4 servers we have for public release. Sorry if you think its a bad idea.

uB|Mikey
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
And yes, the whole point of adding a map signature is to spread the name of our community, and our mapping team.

Double-post :x