PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem compiling my maps

jfbguy
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi, I've been having trouble compiling my maps recently. When I go to compile the map everytime it tries to run the apps vrad, vvis, etc. in the compile window it errors and says "SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012E564) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired." AT the same time i'm unable to launch HL2 or pretty much any other steam app, when i try to they switch on a (update paused) even though they are all up to date. I never got these errors until I started making maps a week or so ago. Has anyone else had these problems before?

blacksmith123
06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I haven't experienced this, but if they say "update paused" try right-clicking on them and resuming the update (I would make sure your internet is connected), because it looks like it's trying to run your map while updating at the same time.

jfbguy
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
They're up to date. All of my applications are. Literally, if I try to open Halflife2 it goes to (update paused) as well if i try DOD:S, HLDM, etc. If I try to resume update, it shows 0% for a sec, and then goes back to update paused. I am connected, if i wasn't I couldn't be posting this.

Muffin
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Close everything else and compile. Something is using one of the necessary compile elements.

jfbguy
06-10-2007, 09:41 PM
All other steam applications are closed. If I close down steam, re-open it, then quickly go to hammer, open my map and compile. Most of the time it works. But if I let a minute go by, then all of my steam apps stop launching. Which makes me think its something with steam itself or the sdk.

Muffin
06-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Part of your hard drive is corrupted or unusable, I would think. The part where steam is located. Repair steam, see if that helps.

jfbguy
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Repair steam?

Muffin
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Run the SteamPowered install wizard and hit repair instead of install in one of the first steps.

jfbguy
06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Doesn't let me do that. Downloaded the installer and it just doesn't let me run it. I'm going to try to reinstall the SDK, see if thatr does anything.

Karlos_Modder
06-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Ive had this error a few times. It when your pc was compiling a map and something happened. eg. Powercut, glitch in the OS, other apps using too much cpu at time of compiling. What you will need to do is "verify file integrity" on every game you have and then un-install the SDK. Some games might start updating again. Reboot and delete these folders

Make sure you backup yours maps and mods!!

Steam\steamapps\username\"sourcesdk"
Steam\steamapps\username\"sdk_contents"
You will then need to download SDK again and install.

Marine
06-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Before you do that do this.

Close Steam, and delete ClientRegistry.Blob (In your steam folder).

Restart steam and it will verify the games, etc.