PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Crashes Often

Paper-Cut
06-22-2007, 07:39 AM
I, along with several other mappers I know, are having problems with Hammer. It usually crashes at least once everytime I use it. The Dr. Watson crash log is too long to post here, so I can PM it to an administrator if needed.

haymaker
06-22-2007, 08:36 AM
-have you set priority in Windows?
-how much RAM do you run?
-do you run the game concurrently?
-does it freeze or disappear?

Hammer usually only crashes for me when the hl2dm game crashes with a datacache.dll error, taking hammer with it

Paper-Cut
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Top Priority
1.5GB RAM
Counter-Strike Source
It crashes with the Hammer has performed an illegal operation and needs to close.

link2009
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Mine also crashes numerous times, but since I have Visual Studio 2005 with JIT (Just in time debugger) I can never see the error since I don't want to debug hammer.

2.5GB Of RAM
Normal Priority
My Custom Mod

haymaker
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
illegal operations can be ram related, it's a pain but i would suggest memtest86 your system

Geowil
06-22-2007, 01:15 PM
yup, mine also crashes not a whole lot, but more then it should.

If i leave it on for long periods of time and dont use it, the next time i try to open anything it crashes with no error (have lost more then a few maps to this after leaving hammer on all night <.<).

1024 meg ram, normal priority, as i said, if its only and not used for more then, id guess, 6 hours, next time you try to open a game it crashes.

but other then that i havent had any failure crashes (like the Dr. Watson crap) cept one every blue moon.