PDA

View Full Version : another entity to func_physbox

MauCer
06-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I have a couple questions related to func_physbox

-Is there any way to tie another entity (example a func_door or a func_button) to a func_physbox?

-Does sv_gravity 0 affect on a func_physbox? I noticed that it doesnt. Or can i change it?
( Even better would be that i could make a func_physbox that floats in the air and gravity wouldnt affect on it at all. It would keep floatin even if i would go on top of it )

-Whats the difference beetween func_physbox and physbox_multiple?

blacksmith123
06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
- I'm not sure I understand your question, but if it's a prop you can just make it a prop_physics, otherwise just give your physbox a name and make it the parent of whatever you want to move with it.

-physbox_multiples, I think, are used in multiplayer and will respawn if broken... I think.

MauCer
06-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I tried to parent a func_physbox with func_door but it caused that i couldnt move it at all, it staid there no matter what.

(Or might that be because i setted the mas scale 0?

blacksmith123
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
no, the mass scale has nothing to do with it, but what did you parent to what?

MauCer
06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I removed the door and built it all over again (took 30 sec :OOO ) and i didnt do any remarkable (bad english?) changes to the map and i was gonna try it with parenting the door... to the physbox. I dont remember what i did at the last time.
-BUT AGAIN! the compile got really slow at the portalflow... even when it was on "4.."

blacksmith123
06-26-2007, 04:32 PM
well, the compile time is for your map, it's got nothing to do with the physbox thing. Try texturing any faces you can't see with nodraw, and making any non-sealing geometry a func_detail. Are you sure you couldn't move it at all? It could be just really big and hard to move. Try setting the mass scale to .001 (no smaller or it will round to 0). First, just make a func_physbox on its own to see if that works, then make a door to see if it works, then parent them.