PDA

View Full Version : V C++ Express 2005

Wanted Mod
07-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Is anynbody using this right now? If so, hows it working? Anything special you need to do to get it working right? Is itm better than VS 2003?

Thanks

Marine
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I use it, its great for what i need with Source (I dont have 2003 so i can't really compare).

Nothing special really, just some includes that need sorting.

Wanted Mod
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I use it, its great for what i need with Source (I dont have 2003 so i can't really compare).

Nothing special really, just some includes that need sorting.

Can you explain the includes, what is needed to get going? Any document explaining that somewhere?

Also, is it really free? Not a 30 day trial?

siodmak
07-01-2007, 11:21 PM
the express edition is free and all you have to do additionally is to install Platform SDK (stuff for native Win32 like Windows.h and stuff, it by default comes with .Net stuff only as far as I remember)

simply copying a directory called PlatformSDK from my school worked for me

Wanted Mod
07-01-2007, 11:34 PM
the express edition is free and all you have to do additionally is to install Platform SDK (stuff for native Win32 like Windows.h and stuff, it by default comes with .Net stuff only as far as I remember)

simply copying a directory called PlatformSDK from my school worked for me

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying this, but still don't know why a popup says you have 30 day trial...confusing...

Penumbra
07-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Have you registered the product.
This is free and I think it will remove the trial version pop-up. And you'll receive Microsoft's emails from time to time :D

Wanted Mod
07-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Have you registered the product.
This is free and I think it will remove the trial version pop-up. And you'll receive Microsoft's emails from time to time :D

Ooooh, these MacroStaff...they wanna know everybody! :rolleyes:

siodmak
07-02-2007, 06:26 AM
this is a development tool, it get's better when it's creators know what kind of public is using it (are they mostly students, are people interested in .Net... and stuff)