PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles in CSS?

xxArcangel117xx
07-21-2007, 04:47 PM
does anyone know how to go about making a vehicle in Hammer for counterstrike Source?

I dont need them drivable, just move in a straight line at the start of a game. (like a subway train). Ive seen these types of non-drivable vehicles in maps like blackhawkdown and zm_boatescape. Does anyone know how to make these? a button to start it would be nice.

this is a cs 1.6 tutorial for vehicles...do the same rules and entities apply?? http://www.countermap2.com/Tutorials/tutorial5255.html?id=9

Angry Beaver
07-22-2007, 12:04 AM
if no-one has to drive them start learning abour track trains, their brushes that move a long a set path and if you set it up right you can make it look like a vehicle.

SurfinLlama
07-22-2007, 01:58 PM
It seems there maybe two ways to build vehicles. One, model it in SoftImage XSI and then bring it to Hammer or two, build it from scratch in Hammer. Can some l337 tell me which would be better?

Angry Beaver has a good reply on how the vehicle is controlled.

blacksmith123
07-22-2007, 02:07 PM
dude, i'm the most l337 l337 ever. dude. but seriously, if you really want to spend time making a model texturing it and so forth, then getting it to work in the game, go for it, you'll be able to get exactly what you want if you're a good modeler. otherwise, i'd just make on from brushes or find a model that's already made. is a subway train what you want? Because i'm not sure about subways, but you can use the train models from de_train (make your train brush textured with nodraw, then make the train models prop_dynamics and parent them to the nodraw train).

and also, noooo, entities and rules from 1.6 do not apply at all. This (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trains) wil teach you about tracktrains.

xxArcangel117xx
07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
well, blacksmith, you say that entities and rules from 1.6 do nooootttt apply to this. Well I have made a nice subway train and have it moving around nicely, all from using that 1.6 tutorial. in that tutorial they pretty much use the same entities and stuff until the "making it drivable" part. entities like "path_track", things like the origin brush in the middle of ur vehicle apply to CSS vehicles too.

Angry Beaver
07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
only because the games were made by the same people and they all happen to be happy co-incdences.

Pandaboy
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Take a prop_dynamic, give it one of the vehicle models from CSS that ALREADY EXISTS!

Make the prop parent to a func_tracktrain.
Make a path for it.

Lol.