PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in to website

Twelve-60
08-07-2007, 12:53 AM
For some reason I can't log into steamcommunity.com

It just brings me to the https://steamcommunity.com/?action=doLogout page everytime with the login still sitting there :(

And yes I have checked that I have entered the right account and password etc..

- Twelve-60

macktkau2
08-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Same thing happens to me.

I'm pretty sure I've got everything right* (when you do it wrong it comes up "incorrect login" or something), and when I do it right it just goes back to the logout page everytime.

*I've even done the "change user" thing in steam and re-logged in with the details and they are working.

Better|Off|Dead
08-07-2007, 06:05 AM
I'm just going to move this to the bug reports forum.

macktkau2
08-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I still can't login.

Jeff S
08-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Please confirm you have cookies enabled and that you are not running any toolbars or other software that would block them. This is the most likely cause.

Twelve-60
08-08-2007, 01:10 AM
100% have cookies and default install of IE6 and Firefox 2.0.0.6

Neither login

- Twelve-60

nutcrackr
08-08-2007, 04:02 AM
I can even see in Firefox cookie browser that steamcommunity has sent me a cookie, it's timezoneOffset. Nothing else and I get the exact same thing on IE7 and FF 2. My username is an email but I don't think that would be the problem.

I don't know what's going on but it seems that for some reason it just wants to auto logout my account.

macktkau2
08-08-2007, 04:07 AM
IE and Firefox don't work. Cookies enabled.

jape
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Ok, i have one other account and i LOGED IN with it, and i cant login with the other! There is something wrong with your site, not with us, i suggest you fix it.

Jeff S
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
If you guys are having trouble logging in make sure that you have run the Steam client with the beta enabled and logged in at least once. Because you're all talking about not being able to login via Firefox, IE, etc, I'm assuming that you have not run the beta client and simply gone to the "Community" tab.

Please run the client, go to Settings, change Beta Participation to "Steam Community", Click OK, the client will restart. Log in again, visit the "Community" tab. Once you've gone through this process once you should be able to log in through a normal web browser from then on.

You must log into the Steam client with all accounts you wish to participate in the beta with. You will not be able to log in to the website directly until you have logged into the beta Steam client with that account.

WH!73--L1N3s
08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Well i'm in the beta client and it still no joy.
Another forum website has this same issue with me, i try login and it just redirects me back to the login page.

Teknicide
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't log in neither. I enter my info right and it just redirects me to the log in page with no Log in error or anything.

nutcrackr
08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
well I already logged into my account with Steam client. I even edited my user page through Steam.

After opening Steam for the first time every time I can visit the community tab, and see my page, AND I can edit it. I just did in fact. As soon as I go to visit "The Steam Community" home page I log out automatically and can't get back in again via steam or in a browser. If I exit steam again and start it up I can once again view my control panel and edit my page.

Maybe somewhere along the way it didn't register me properly?

I tried logging out, re logging back in. Updating my user profile to see if it can "see" me but no luck

WaLLy3K
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Attempted to sign in using IE6, no luck.

Installed Steam on this PC, updated my account to participate in the beta, restarted.

Attempted to sign in using IE6 again and then with the Steam client, still no luck.

I just keep getting the message "Incorrect login", yet I'm using my Steam client username and the correct password.

jmccaskey
08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
For those of you who can't log in please PM me your account names so I can investigate further.

Please note that you should only PM your account name, we will never ask for passwords :)

WaLLy3K
08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
For those of you who can't log in please PM me your account names so I can investigate further.

Please note that you should only PM your account name, we will never ask for passwords :)
Ta for the quick reply. :D

WH!73--L1N3s
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I doubt that this is a browser error, it has to be valves server not picking up certain accounts or something.

nutcrackr
08-09-2007, 01:52 AM
is it a country thing? I'm in Australia

gummerz
08-09-2007, 03:28 AM
Yeh im from australia. its the best

Twelve-60
08-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Australia also :)

- Twelve-60

raiden747
08-09-2007, 04:29 AM
well I already logged into my account with Steam client. I even edited my user page through Steam.

After opening Steam for the first time every time I can visit the community tab, and see my page, AND I can edit it. I just did in fact. As soon as I go to visit "The Steam Community" home page I log out automatically and can't get back in again via steam or in a browser. If I exit steam again and start it up I can once again view my control panel and edit my page.

I have the same problem.

WH!73--L1N3s
08-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm from south africa, and some players from this country can get in fine so i don't think it's a regional issue.

jmccaskey
08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
We believe that the cause of this issue for most of you is poor network connectivity to a portion of our servers. Please follow the network troubleshooting instructions at:

http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Network_Connectivity

Make sure you pay special attention to the information on which UDP ports need to be open and ensure you are not blocking them. We will continue to track this issue and understand that following the troubleshooting guide may not solve the issue for everyone but that's the best advice we can give at this point.

Finally, you can test whether network connectivity is the cause of your problems by opening the Friends dialog in steam. If it tells you that it is unable to or still trying to connect then you know you are having a network issue and that community functionality (including the web login) is not going to work until you are able to get connected to Friends. If your Friends dialog says that you are connected and you are able to successfully chat with friends and at the same time you cannot use the community website please reply and we'll follow up.

macktkau2
08-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm Australia as well.

My ISP is TPG.

I'm 99% certain wally3k is Australian as well.

I did the connection test, came up fine, went into my router on the UDP port.

I'm chatting to someone on friends in steam and it still won't login.

WildCat_ZA
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
We believe that the cause of this issue for most of you is poor network connectivity to a portion of our servers. Please follow the network troubleshooting instructions at:

http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Network_Connectivity

I ran the test that was linked in that support document and all the tests were passed. I don't use any kind of firewall (eg: Norton Internet Security or anything like that). In fact, Windows Firewall is disabled as well. My ADSL router has a firewall but all the features appear to be disabled. I decided to disable the router's firewall with the main enable/disable switch but this had no effect on my ability to access Steam Community.

I am able to chat to to friends on Steam Friends. I can see which friends are online and which friends are in-game. I've never had any problems with the basic Steam Friends service.

However, when I click the Community tab within the Steam client, it shows me the steamcommunity.com (https://steamcommunity.com) website with the username and password boxes on the right. Typing in my login credentials results in nothing happening. If I type some garbage into the username and password boxes, it displays "Invalid Login", but if I type the correct details for my Steam account it appears to do nothing. The only thing that it does do is display a standard Internet Explorer 6.0 pop-up message saying:

"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.
The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to a non-secure site. Do you wish to continue?"

I click Yes and then it displays another standard Internet Explorer 6.0 pop-up:

"You are about to view pages over a secure connection.
Any information that you exchange with this site cannot be viewed by anyone else on the Web."

So I click OK and it shows the same default steamcommunity.com (https://steamcommunity.com) page again with the username and password boxes on the right.

I've tried logging in at steamcommunity.com (https://steamcommunity.com) via FireFox, instead of from within the Steam client, but the same thing happens. The one thing I noticed when trying with FireFox was that the address bar changed to the following after failing to login:

https://steamcommunity.com/?action=doLogout

nutcrackr
08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I also passed with the UDP port test. My friends works fine and it has rarely given me any problems. I'm also using TPG though so maybe the ISP is not liking the log in process?.

Captain Hair
08-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Running into the same problem here. Ran all the tests, too, and everything passed.

The password should be the same as what is used to log into Steam itself? I might be using the wrong password, but highly unlikely.

PS: from Canada, here. Perhaps some issues with international users only?

LiLith
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Im having the same problem as wildCat_Za. We are both located in South Africa.

InTheFade
08-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm encountering the same problem, in Australia and using TPG as well.

I doubt it's a connectivity issue (on my end at least), tried with both a D-Link DSL-G604T modem/router and a DSL-200 USB modem (which has no firewall). I'm pretty sure I forwarded all the ports properly on the router.

qu3x^
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Same Problem here. This time from AUSTRIA [AUT]
I was logged on one time only via IE but only for 1 session...

MashY*
08-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Guys - it worked for me without steam being downloaded nor logged in to. so try the opposite (of what valve guy said) - log out of steam and then try and go into the steamcommunity website - hope it helps, and I'm only saying this as it worked in my instance, from aust.

Miktar
08-10-2007, 03:15 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I'm in South Africa.

If I go to https://steamcommunity.com/ and try to sign in, it just redirects me to 'https://steamcommunity.com/?action=doLogout' over and over. There is no 'SteamID Setup' button.

In the Steam client itself, on the Community tab, I get the same problem and there is no SteamID Setup button either.

I'm running IE7, no toolbars. I've run the diagnostics, and everything came back green.

WH!73--L1N3s
08-10-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm with Lilith and WildCAt, i have the same issues as Wild has stated and i have tried the same methods.
Maybe it could be our service providers blocking ports but i highly doubt it.
Seeing as though we've given our accounts, surely you have tried to login from your side using our accounts, if so can you give us feedback on wether it worked or not?

jamieoscar
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah, i'm having problems aswell. I'm aussy with TPG. I cant log into community either. When i put my pass in thou it says login error or something like that. And yes, i have checked that my pass is correct.

nutcrackr
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
well australia and tpg certainly seems common, I'm thinking it may be wise to contact them and see if they know anything, I would but my voice is a mess from this horrid cold I have. The other people might also have ISPs with similar setups preventing people from logging in.

Does anybody have acccess to another ISP acccount they could test just to rule out the ISP?

macktkau2
08-11-2007, 01:18 AM
TPG use a transparent proxy.

I know this causes trouble with rapidshare, perhaps this is causing trouble with the steam community site. I shall bring it up at their forum.

http://www.tpg.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2413

doslucky
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I can log in with firefox, but I can't log in with IE or Steam.

jape
08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I fixed it! So all you have to do is to install a fresh copy of steam and just log on. All the problems will disappear.

jamieoscar
08-11-2007, 09:24 PM
errr..does that mean i reinstall my entire steam? like, i'd have to install all my games again?

jape
08-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Well it worked for me. If you don't want to install all your games again just backup the \SteamApps folder in Steam (without the 'winui.gcf' file), then back up the \config\serverbrowser.vdf file (favorite servers and so) and put it in to your new Steam instalation and override the files. Start your new steam, wait for it to update and login.

Peppercorns
08-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm also from South Africa and can confirm that I can not log in to Steamcommunity through either steam or my web browsers.

I did a complete reinstall of steam as well, and this still did not solve the issue :confused:

However, I can confirm that I did manage to log on when using a proxy!
I managed to edit my profile in a few ways, but could still not fill in all details etc.

So as far as things go, I believe it is our service providers that are giving us this result :mad:

andronin
08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I can concur with Peppercorns. This started for us about four weeks ago when our mail bandwidth provider (SAIX) changed something on their transparent proxies, I have quite a few sites that to not work anymore when I try to logon.

macktkau2
08-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Looks like a similar problem my ISP (tpg) users have with rapidshare, the proxy mucks up downloading on that site because it has the timer thing, it won't work properly with the proxy.

thereisno131
08-13-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm from Singapore ; Asia, experiencing same problem.

Guf
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm from Singapore ; Asia, experiencing same problem.

What ISP? I'm on Starhub and can't get in.. (apart from being logged in enough when steam first starts to edit my own profile - once I click the link for the Community page I'm stuck logged out).

SupaPhly
08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
argh! I really wanted to try this!
I live in south africa, and the same is also happening to me. please fix this if possible.

(and what happened to my forum profile, I registered here looooong time ago)

Bloob
08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
im from belgium (isp telenet) doesn't work here either

nutcrackr
08-13-2007, 06:25 PM
i wonder if valve can make a workaround for those using what seems to be ISPs with transparent proxies.

WaLLy3K
08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
I found that it fixed itself when Steam got a working connection to the Friends network. Thanks to jmccaskey for pointing this out for me.

InTheFade
08-13-2007, 10:41 PM
My account worked perfectly when I logged in at school, surprisingly it hasn't been blocked yet :D

...And I think I just found a workaround for now.

Go to http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html and choose one of the servers, any "high anonymity" one should work (you don't want a transparent one, they're the ones that are causing all the trouble :)).

For Firefox:
Tools > Options > Advanced > Network tab > Settings > Manual Proxy Configuration

Put the IP address and port of your selected proxy server in.

Click for example (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/GodIsInTheRadio/proxy.jpg)

For IE7:
Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings > Tick the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" box and enter the IP address and port of your selected proxy server.

Click for example (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/GodIsInTheRadio/proxy2.jpg)

Should work after that, enjoy!

jmccaskey
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Yesterday's update included some code to try to make connections more reliable for some of you. If you haven't gotten the update yet or tried again since getting it please do so.

Captain Hair
08-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Alas, no joy for me.

Tried the proxy bit, too. No luck there either.

ShoddyK
08-15-2007, 03:22 AM
not working for me either, defniatly not country thing, in UK with Bt ffs dont think they have snuck nay changes up on me :(

proxy not working either

Edit: just tried again (3rd time today) and it seems to work, will see if it continues working, not like i have done anything tho

Miktar
08-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I opted out, restarted Steam, opted in again and restarted Steam.

Result:

Still not working. Trying to log in just takes me back to the same page over and over, asking for a login. There is no SteamID button.

junkai21
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
im also having this problem. Im staying in Singapore with ISP, Singnet.

WildCat_ZA
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I am now able to log into steamcommunity.com (https://steamcommunity.com/) and edit my profile successfully. I managed to get it to work by using one of the caching/proxy servers provided by SAIX (South African Internet Exchange).

This is the first time I've had login difficulties of this nature with any website. I'm baffled as to why it works while using the proxy server and why it fails otherwise.

WH!73--L1N3s
08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Hmmm, seems like using a proxy really is sorting this out, can't valve run a seperate server with different settings for the guys that either don't know how or where to find proxies, or can't get this to work even with a proxy?

Twelve-60
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
I can confirm (using Australian TPG, which definitely uses a transparent proxy), by using a proxy from http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html worked :)

- Twelve-60

junkai21
08-16-2007, 08:38 AM
I can confirm (using Australian TPG, which definitely uses a transparent proxy), by using a proxy from http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html worked :)

- Twelve-60

Okay. I used proxy and it works. Websites like TNTProxy works fine though.
Please fix it before more people have the problem

TwL
08-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Yesterday's update included some code to try to make connections more reliable for some of you. If you haven't gotten the update yet or tried again since getting it please do so.

Still doesn't work. Before and after the update I am still having problem. I am in Singapore, using Singnet ISP. I notice that it logs me out after I log in o_O

Btw, if you mean Valve updated the Steam application... I don't think that will work, since even with non-IE browsers it doesn't work. :o

EDIT : That proxy thing doesn't work for me :/

jamieoscar
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
nup. proxy isnt working for me. i did as u said and wen i hit internet it comes up with server cannot be found. when i take proxy ip off, internet works again.
will steam fix this b4 they release the actual steam community site? :S

hadz
08-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Well i get wat the rest of ya'll are getting and im from South Africa, Yet most ppl can login and use the site/steam tab. Please post a 'cure' soon! :]

junkai21
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
www.tntproxy.com
www.stupidcensorship.com

these two are proxy sites that works for me.

DO NOT tick remove scripts

hadz
08-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I used www.stupidcensorship.com to login and it worked perfectly! I edited and added everything i wanted. But surely I should be able to do it without going through www.stupidcensorship.com?, Ive never had this problem before. Cant all of sudden be me, When 300 other people are complaining, Steam doing something about this? :)

macktkau2
08-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to put my steam password and login through a proxy.

Allow it to be logged into and edited and USED (so you can actually apply to groups) through an active steam client, I don't care how, just fix it.

hadz
08-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Yoh relax urself big boy. :P Steam, im sure are doing what they can but as you can see it says BETA all over it. So just wait! I doubt this is their main priority!

spammah
08-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Hi. I had the same problem here as well. I fixed it by deleting a few people off the Steam Friends list and I was able to log in after 2 minutes. You guys could try checking if your list has some friends contacts with weird symbols or [unknown]'s or you could just delete a few ppl and restart Steam and try to log in again. (I deleted around 5 - 6 guys)

jamieoscar
08-20-2007, 07:08 AM
great. i used www.tntproxy.com and it worked. =)

ooklah
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I can log into steam community via steam. I can't log into steam community via firefox.

foxmask
08-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Well i'm in the beta client and it still no joy.
Another forum website has this same issue with me, i try login and it just redirects me back to the login page.

same thing for me

Enigma776
08-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I know the problem your running your web browser through a proxy, i just tired logging in just now with my proxy on and it would not let me, turn it off and i was in like normal

Jeff S
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I just pushed out an update - those of you still experiencing problems logging in, please give it a try now and let me know if this solved your issues.

http://steamcommunity.com

jurisnipper
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Three words: GOOGLE WEB ACCELERATOR.

I had same issue until I remembered that Google Web Accelerator (GWA) messes with stuff like del.icio.us sometimes. I disabled GWA and was able to login. FYI in case you have something like GWA running in the background.

Jeff S
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Oops. That last fix wasn't a fix at all. Will try something new and update you guys.

Enigma776
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM
i can now login, kinda with a proxy. I login then i get a white page then i hit refresh and it continues to log me in lol but it works kinda.

Jeff S
08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Alright, another test for you guys.

Go to these 2 URLs. Refresh them a few times each. See if the IP is the same -for both URLs- every time you refresh. Let us know when the IPs are the same and when they are different, or if they change on each refresh, etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/ip.php
https://steamcommunity.com/ip.php

Enigma776
08-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Right then the first link changes with proxy the second does not it stays the same, does this help you in anyway?

but even with https:// protocol i can not login with a proxy which i find odd as your second link which is https:// does not change ip at all so in theory it should let me in right?

WildCat_ZA
08-21-2007, 08:31 AM
When using a proxy in my web browser, both pages display the IP of that proxy. When not using a proxy, the IP on the http:// page changes with most refreshes but only seems to vary between two IP addresses. The IP on the https:// page doesn't change.

ooklah
08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Both links stayed the same every time I refreshed.

Jeff S
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Well, no help for ooklah yet, but the behavior for WildCat and Enigma most definately explains why you're having issues logging in. We'll try to work out a fix.
Would you mind sending me a private message with the different IPs your seeing for the 2 pages?

KillahInstinct
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
You must log into the Steam client with all accounts you wish to participate in the beta with. You will not be able to log in to the website directly until you have logged into the beta Steam client with that account.
I must report I could - did this change or is this a 'bug'?

Jeff S
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I must report I could - did this change or is this a 'bug'?

If you're able to log in now you're good to go. If you're having issues logging in, please visit the links I posted above and report back on your IP addresses.

foxmask
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Go to these 2 URLs. Refresh them a few times each. See if the IP is the same -for both URLs- every time you refresh. Let us know when the IPs are the same and when they are different, or if they change on each refresh, etc.

both the same.
i dont use a proxy
i'm behing a router, but on any other https website i dont meet this issue as well.

KillahInstinct
08-21-2007, 01:12 PM
If you're able to log in now you're good to go. If you're having issues logging in, please visit the links I posted above and report back on your IP addresses.
Sorry, I meant I could log-in without ever logging into Steam (normal or with -beta community). I guess that's not technically a bug though.

frnknstn
08-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I am unable to log in to the community site, either from within the steam client, or from Firefox.

The first link's IP is normally the same from refresh to refresh, but it can change twice in ten seconds, or stay the same for over an hour. The second link's IP did not change.

Captain Hair
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Both IPs stayed the same for me. And, I have no issues accessing sites that use https protocal. :(

The shauN hogaN
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi all ? So is anyone from valve gonna help us get this Problem sorted ?
I have alread PM'd some people but still sitting with this Frustrating ERROR 8(
Please get it sorted and let us know when it is fully Fuctional ?!

Many Thanks
hogaN

Jeff S
08-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi all ? So is anyone from valve gonna help us get this Problem sorted ?
I have alread PM'd some people but still sitting with this Frustrating ERROR 8(
Please get it sorted and let us know when it is fully Fuctional ?!

Many Thanks
hogaN

Hi Shaun, would you please follow the steps regarding your IP address I posted above and post your results?

Thanks.

raoul_sanchez
08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
same problem, no luck logging in. I also get the same IP on both the links mentioned above

Mmmmmoo
08-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm having this problem as well. I tried the two links, and this is what I get.

https://steamcommunity.com/ip.php will give me my own ip address. However, I opened the link using IE 7 and it did give me a warning about intranet settings.

http://steamcommunity.com/ip.php will give me a different ip address.

Both do not change even if the page has been refreshed multiple times.

Kootness
08-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Been having the same problem.

The shauN hogaN
08-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Hi Shaun, would you please follow the steps regarding your IP address I posted above and post your results?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff did the two IP TesTs Above and MY results are :

1st Ip : Everytime i refresh the address changes by the 3rd or 4th Refresh.
2nd Ip : It never changes even after 50 Refresh's ?

So ur conclusion ?

Thanks agaiN
hogaN

andronin
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/ip.php Changes at every refresh
https://steamcommunity.com/ip.php Only changes when I logout and back onto my ADSL account.

macktkau2
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Neither change on a refresh, but they are both different ips.

TwL
08-25-2007, 02:43 AM

First link : IP changes everytime.
Second link : Always show a fixed IP.

The shauN hogaN
08-25-2007, 10:02 AM
so ? No comment from anyone at Valve ?

Nice...

hogaN

christbe
08-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I have tried the IP check at my school, for both the http:// and the https:// they stay the same, (my schools public IP), I shall try this again when I get home to see what happens.

I can use SteamCommunity through the Steam client, but not through the web interface, I always get Incorrect Login!
I live in Australia and use Telstra Bigpond with a dynamic IP address that only changes whenever I reboot my modem(which is never.)

Please help VALVe!

nutcrackr
08-27-2007, 01:35 AM
For those ip checks, they are different from each other, neither changes when I refresh though.

I can't login, it goes to the doLogout url wen I enter my correct user/pass

Friends works fine.

jamieoscar
08-27-2007, 06:51 AM
For those ip checks, they are different from each other, neither changes when I refresh though.

I can't login, it goes to the doLogout url wen I enter my correct user/pass

Friends works fine.

yep, mine is the exact same to yours.
i'm sure valve will get it fixed soon enuf thou :cool: ...hopefully lol

Deltec
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, i have the same problem with logging in

I did do the ip checks on the above 2 ip addresses

1: change adter 3 refreshes
2: stays static

Now what does it mean?

Marius

junkai21
08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey it works now!!!

nutcrackr
08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
still doesn't work for me.

BWS
08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm having the same problem with login in to the community site. I am with TPG in Australia.
I ran the IP test above and got the following:

http: was the same IP address while I was refreshing it
https: stayed the same but was different from the http one

I also ran the test a couple of hours after and ended up getting:
http: stayed constant while refreshing but was different from the http/https ones I received above
https: stayed constant while refreshing but was different from all the http/https addresses above.

jmccaskey
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
We have updated some of our authentication code as of about 20 minutes ago.

Please try again if you have been having problems and report back as to whether you are now able to login.

nutcrackr
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I can now log in, thanks :)

jamieoscar
08-29-2007, 11:49 PM
weeeeooooooh. now works =D thnx

andronin
08-30-2007, 01:26 AM
WOOT, thanks for fixing that. Was really frustrating, even though the proxy thing worked. Can't use any other proxies but our work one :)

I posted on the SGS forums that it fixed too so should be some more happy peoples

BWS
08-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Yep everything works now
Thankyou :D

supernaut
08-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Yes, it works. Whopee, finally I can access my community page not only through Steam. Thank you for fixing this. :)

jmccaskey
08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm glad we finally have this issue fixed for you guys.

I'm going to unstick this since the problem appears resolved.

raoul_sanchez
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
still no luck for me, after entering my info it just goes blank again, and i get nothing. posted earlier, on the two addresses, my ip does not change. still no luck logging in.

is there somewhere to create a separate steam community id? shouldn't it automatically use my steam info from the client program?

jmccaskey
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
still no luck for me, after entering my info it just goes blank again, and i get nothing. posted earlier, on the two addresses, my ip does not change. still no luck logging in.

is there somewhere to create a separate steam community id? shouldn't it automatically use my steam info from the client program?

It will auto-use your existing login/password.

Are you connected to Friends? If you open up the Friends dialog does it show you online? If you are not then you may have a general connectivity issue to our servers that needs troubleshooting.

raoul_sanchez
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
my friends list gives me no issues, always connected when i open up steam. don't have any issues, downloading games/playing games thru steam. just can't access the beta community section. I've tried logging in thru IE, and FF separate from steam, and no luck that way either.