PDA

View Full Version : Personal Avatar Upload not working

TwinsenDude
08-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I tried uploading my avatar and it did not upload.

Steps:
1: Go to http://steamcommunity.com/ using Mozilla Firefox
2: log in
3: Click on Edit SteamID
4: Scroll down to the avatar area and click browse
5: Select 184x184 JPG image, 33.8 kb
6: Click upload.
7: Wait for an hour while nothing happens
8: Repeat on Internet explorer for the same results

It just sat there loading forever, never uploading, never updating. It's not a problem with my internet as everything else was loading fine.

Tried using the steam client version as well.

TWl7CHY
08-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Same, it's not just you. I'm having this problem as well :(

The first time I tried uploading, it gave me a notification that the avatar must be between 100x100 and some other size, but after all further uploads, the notification never came back up and I was left wondering what to do :(

Redeemer
08-07-2007, 12:48 PM
IMO it looks like they temporary disabled avatars uploading due to fixing 'no avatar after upload' problem

StoneFrog
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I had problems uploading an avatar yesterday. I just got a totally vague "Try Again" message.

Avs work today, at least for some people. Your best bet is to wait it out.

Jeff S
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
We currently allow you to upload rather large images - we scale them down to size. You do not need to make the image 184x184 yourself, though you're welcome to, to get the cropping just how you like it.

We had a hardware hiccup with our avatar processing, things should be running smoothly now.

Thanks!

richard.eid
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
If you're still having problems, try this...

Above '184px', '64px' and '32px' where the picture of your avatar is supposed to be...right click on those empty images and select 'Show Picture'.

I tried this by accident and my avatar showed up and it's working properly on other parts of the Steam Community, too. Maybe a simple coding issue made it a 'local' error for all of us having trouble.