PDA

View Full Version : Steam Community wont 'Detect my Microphone'

Morsolo
08-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Hello,
I've recently started using Steam Community, it's a brilliant feature.

Hopefully this will follow through to be the next major mandatory update for Steam.
Everyone I know has said they want Steam to improve Friends, and now, it's here...

Anyway, enough ranting, my problem is that Steam Community wont find my microphone.
I can use it perfectly in-game, but for Steam Community purposes, such as Voice Chat, it doesn't work...

I'm using a "Plantronics DSP-550" which is a USB Digital Headset.
It just doesn't pick it up, I've tried restarting, plugging it in or taking it out...

Nothing happens... I just hit "Test Microphone" and nothing works...
I've tried "Detect Audio Devices" - The button says down for about 1 second, then it returns to normal, with no change...

Is this a bug? Or is something wrong with my headset? As I said, it works fine for normal steam in-game voice...
- Morsolo / EvolutioN

noaksey
08-13-2007, 05:29 AM
I just wrote a rant for this [for a similar problem], but then realised you could use it in game...

If you go to the Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio devices -> Audio tab -> the 'Sound recording' panel, which one is selected?

Morsolo
08-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks for a quick reply...

But, I have tried that... It is the correct microphone...
As I said, it works with EVERYTHING else, except for the Steam Community things (Voice Chat)...

:(

noaksey
08-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeh I get the same problem with my Webcams microphone as well.

If they fix this, make it so you can select another microphone in CS:S as well...!

Morsolo
08-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Yeah, they should actually put like a "Selector" :)

"Scan for Audio devices"
Then it has a drop down of all the microphones/speakers

Wish List!