PDA

View Full Version : Demo Issues!

Intelligence
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I've not yet got around to playing the Egyptian Sorcerer Demo but the Norse Warrior Demo refuses to work, it starts up fine, I select the pre-created character and then it begins to load. The problem is it never actually loads anything, the loading bar never makes any progress.

Is it just me or are other people experiencing this?

PurSpyk!!
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi,

After reading the reviews this game got, I wouldn't even bother with it (this game has one of the lowest metascore ratings of the games available on Steam). Why do Valve put so many crappy games on Steam. Most 3rd party games are either from companies that have closed down, or games that are no longer supported by the developers.

Tinribs
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
HI,
You're not alone - there has been a post running elsewhere in the forums 'cos the demo was out way before the Loki forum was added.

Check this link:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607179

It looks like this isn't going to be one of Steam's most popular additions - it the demo doesn't work how are they going to sell the full version?

T

Lore T
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
The demo doesn't even execute for me. It just pops up the preparing to launch window, then it's gone. There's no way I'm buying a game if they can't even get the demo to run right. What a waste of space...

Shagg
10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Same here. Progress Bar doesnt even move. My hard drive light is off which means there is absolutely no activity. This game is a turd. Off my precious hard drive it goes and into Cyber Garbage sphere.

scythe01
10-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi, just writing to say the same. Waited for the demo to download and try out. It goes to the loading screen and then... nothing. Totally frozen after you pick your character and try to load the game. Passing on this one.

Rumtruffle
10-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Same for me.

Norse demo downloaded on both a vista machine and one with xp pro.

nothing at all. loading.....................................

i know the norse demo i downloaded from fileplanet works, so im having a difficult time figuring out if to buy the steam version incase the game will never work on steam.

Juiblex79
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
What a waste of time, I just got through the Egypt demo, I wish I could have the time back that I spent.

Hi2u! Tw1TcH
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Same here, all i get is "LOADING", then nothing.

Looks like this game wont sell much even with the D3 buzz going around. Especially if they cant get the demo to even work.

Blackopunit2
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
my dad bought me this game for 6$ at big lots. its pretty fun! reminds me of gauntlet but with quests and trading and items :) very good game in my opnion. if anyone bothers to read this. ive had 1 glitch so far. the norse land has no ground. if u want this game go for it. but its abandoned really. who cares if the thread is a year old :P

dsmagg0t
12-31-2009, 03:09 AM
$ame here. Both demos load endlessly. Never go in game.

Gvaz
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Why isn't this game like $5-10 yet?

bushwhacker2k
06-10-2012, 03:17 PM
So this comment is a tad late but I actually wanted to try this.

Demos. Don't. Work. :(