PDA

View Full Version : Orange Box on 360 outsells Halo 3 in first week sales...

Hickeroar
10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Unbelievable.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/34973/Valves-Orange-Box-Outsells-Halo-3

Halo 3 with all its years of hype and propaganda still sold fewer copies in its first week than the Orange Box did....and that doesn't even count PC sales. I'd like to see the sales figures if you add the PC in there as well.

Varsity
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
That's not a comparison between first week sales. It's the Orange Box's first week vs. Halo 3's sales in the same period, some time after its release.

I think Halo 3 sold something like three million...:p

Jack Wraith
10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I linked that article on the Halo 3 forum on bungie.net and the mods blacklisted me from the site.

I posted that not only did The Orange Box sell more units, but that the devs didn't feel the need to code employee only skins fo rtheir online avatars and they have yet to lead their fans on a week long goose chasee for soemthing they can't get.

What's even more funny is that you can't see the link to the article because in place of my post is this:

"Moderator Notice: This user has been blacklisted from this forum. Until the user is removed from the blacklist, all posts this user has made have been hidden, and all topics created by this user have been censored."

Shamrock2211
10-21-2007, 06:12 PM
You're not to bright are you? Maybe you should re-read what VG charts said. Halo 3 has already sold over 3 million copies. Orange box has sold 285,860 copies in it's first week.

What they are saying is Orange Box sold more copies last week than halo 3 sold last week. Thats to be expected as Halo 3 has been out for over 1 month. Actually it's pretty amazing Halo 3 is still selling 200,000+ copies a week over a month after it released.

Jack Wraith
10-21-2007, 06:30 PM
You're not to bright are you? Maybe you should re-read what VG charts said. Halo 3 has already sold over 3 million copies. Orange box has sold 285,860 copies in it's first week.

What they are saying is Orange Box sold more copies last week than halo 3 sold last week. Thats to be expected as Halo 3 has been out for over 1 month. Actually it's pretty amazing Halo 3 is still selling 200,000+ copies a week over a month after it released.

Oh look it's a Halo fan that over reacts and jumps straight to insults.

It out sold Halo in that week and I said it out sold Halo. From now on I'll be sure to be more specific so you won't get your feelings hurt and jump to conclusions.

greenboy5494
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
meh, Halo is way overrated.
still fun, though.

XStixsmaster
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I got Halo 3 the first day it came out and if I am correct I went on the site and well since they have up to date calculation's of the past 24 hours of how many peeps have been on it...I remember after the first day there being atleast 1,000,000 may of been more like about 500,000 or so cant remember exactly but I know it was way more than a lousy 348,049 peeps...so yea...

---Stixsmaster

sptonjohn
10-22-2007, 01:21 AM
This is a misleading thread. It comes across as being OB 1st sales vs Halo 1st week sales when it is really OB 1st vs Halo Xth week. Given that Halo3 has been out for several weeks now and destroyed the launch sales record of any previous title, I would only expect the OB at launch to outsell Halo in the same week.