PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Stops, "waitCursor stack empty"?

Nauz
11-19-2007, 08:37 AM
HI im trying to export a model from maya 6.5 with pralls exporter (2.5). Well when "full compiling", following text shows up in the Output window:

----------------------------------------------

exporting to C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/NAME/Eigene Dateien/maya/projects/exportingtutorial/model_sources/tutorial/cube.smd

getting triangles for pCubeShape1

exporting vmt files:

phongE1SG

exporting shader
phongE1

exported d:/programme/steam/steamapps/NAME/counter-strike source/cstrike/materials/models/exportingtutorial/dirtywallwhite2.vmt

vtf export for C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/NAME/Eigene Dateien/maya/projects/exportingtutorial/materialsrc/models/exportingtutorial/dirtywallwhite2.txt

phongE4SG

exporting shader
phongE4

exported d:/programme/steam/steamapps/NAME/counter-strike source/cstrike/materials/models/exportingtutorial/dirtywallwhite2.vmt

vtf export for C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/NAME/Eigene Dateien/maya/projects/exportingtutorial/materialsrc/models/exportingtutorial/dirtywallwhite2.txt

In maya, a purple marked text says: "Warning: waitCursor stack empty"

Has anyone got an idea, what i did wrong, why the exporter doesn't export everything and how i could fix it? I'm clueless...
Thanks for every help :confused:

Superpiccolo
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
That message is always output. It is not necessarily an error message as far as I'm aware.

According to your output text you have shown there, there is no problem.

What exactly isn't exporting?

If you are trying to export vmts and vtfs by using this exporter, if I were you I wouldn't bother. What I do (I use Maya also) is export my smds, and vtas (facial flex data) with this, and I do all my texture converting manually (Via Nems 2 tools, VTFEdit and his Photoshop plugin exporter). This gives you better control of how you convert each texture.

prall
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
save your maya scene in a folder called "scenes"
most important u cant have spaces in the path

@superpiccolo: you have all important texture export options in the extra attributes of the hl2 phongE shader.....it does read color,bump,spec and alpha maps and converts them....you can even export skinfamilies ;)

Nauz
11-20-2007, 07:53 AM
hey thanks for your replies/ help..

According to your output text you have shown there, there is no problem.

What exactly isn't exporting?.

Well... sorry for asking this stupid question but.. where do i exactly find my model if everything i need exported?

Never exported a model without this exporter aswell, i exspected more files than .vmt and .txt (shouldn't i get a file with a format, that is able to be opened in model viewer?)

save your maya scene in a folder called "scenes"
most important u cant have spaces in the path

this is where i saved my scene/ maya file:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\NAME\Eigene Dateien\maya\projects\gotik\scenes

So "Dokumente und Einstellungen" and "Eigene Dateien" doesn't work?

yours faithfully,
newbie nauz :eek:

prall
11-20-2007, 11:59 AM
yup these folders dont work....it works if u do the compiling manually....for full automatic compiling you need paths without spaces

if all goes well your mdl file should be in the models path of the game/mod you selected in sourcesdk....should be the default folder that opens in hlmv load model menu

btw for better debug info check both, the script editor and the main maya output window

Superpiccolo
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
This website should help you out for your exact problem. Be sure to set all your Dirs up then try again. If youstill have problems post your output messages once more.

http://monogreen.de/rails/monogreen/public_pages/maya_tutorial

(This is the website I first looked at to get myself setup, so I can tell you it is really helpful for this specific issue of directory structure setup).

Nauz
11-24-2007, 12:43 AM
great, compiling works fine without spaces, nice to see some "pros" bother to help noobs like me ;)

i only got one (hopefully last) problem: i dont have a studiomdl.exe file in my sourcesdk/bin folder. i already reinstalled steam twice and refreshed sdk content aswell. the only studiomdl files i could find were in further subfolders, but they dont seem to work. any ideas what i did wrong this time? :o

-Newb nauz

script editor says the following (german):
Der Befehl "d:\programme\steam\steamapps\NAME\sourcesdk/bin/studiomdl" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.

(its either written false or couldn't be found)

prall
11-24-2007, 03:38 AM
just checked the sdk.....they added episode 2 bin and moved the episode 1 bin

to make the exporter work you have to change the path depending on the engine you work with

in your maya script folder
open smdExport.mel and use find/replace command from your text editor to replace

%sourcesdk%/bin/ with

%sourcesdk%/bin/ep2/bin/ for episode 1 games or

%sourcesdk%/bin/orangebox/bin/ for episode 2 games

do the same with /smd/tgaexport.mel

Nauz
11-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Ahh k, exported my first model now (about time) :D

you may should edit the path in your post for episode 1 games
%sourcesdk%/bin/ep2/bin/ for episode 1 games or

its ep1, isnt it? ;) (so other people don't do it wrong)

Thanks for the help...

prall
11-25-2007, 04:34 AM
hehe ofcourse its ep1 ;)