PDA

View Full Version : New achivements for tf2

men1kmati
12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I was just wondering, does anyone know if the 360 version of tf2 will be getting the new achievements that teh pc version will be getting? Or if there are plans for new maps or updates for teh game at all??? WOW.

I really wish this forum was more active

kikinchaz
12-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe new maps will be added to the 360 one. But new achievements...im unsure about that one. Theres always the possibility but no word has been given.

Kerry
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
There is a limit to how many achievements a game can have on the 360, so new achievements won't be coming to the consoles. We got special permission to do 100 achievements for TOB instead of the usual 50, but I'm pretty sure we won't be able to push that any further. :)

i refuel u
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I always though that via DLC microsoft allowed an additional 250 points for a total of 1250 in any given game. Doesn't matter to me though. Achievements aren't my thing.

Oh Spartacus
12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
I could care less about achievements, but refuel is correct. Every time DLC is available for a game, M$ bumps up the max gamerpoints by 250.

Kerry
12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I always though that via DLC microsoft allowed an additional 250 points for a total of 1250 in any given game. Doesn't matter to me though. Achievements aren't my thing.

That's true, except in our case. Since we got 100 from the start, we don't get any more, even with DLC.

ThaFreezer
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
That's true, except in our case. Since we got 100 from the start, we don't get any more, even with DLC.

But what do you mean with 100g??? Im geusing Microsoft is seeing "The Orange Box" as ONE game... Beceas you only can get 1000g like every game on the 360... So why deosnt microsoft alowing you guys to add more archievements with the downloads? with the DLC??

Kerry
12-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I meant we got 100 achievements for 1000g. Part of the compromise to get 100 achievements was that we can't offer any more with DLC.

Grievous117
12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
AH, thats....unforuntunate....

_Holy_
01-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Actually I dont see a problem in not releasing new achievemnts for the 360 version.
Infact, the game has the achievements listed ingame after all.
You could add the new achievements in the TF2 List but not for the actual xbox achievement list... (Does that make sense?)

Meaning the achievemnts would give the player no Gamerscore and only can be views by launching the game BUT that would prevent people playing certain classes only for the Gamerscorepoints and other gamers still would have something to unlock.

Just a thought...

brianwmsn
01-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Achievements are lame any way. I play the game to have fun. Not fret over where the singing Vortigon is.

ongNym
01-16-2008, 07:17 AM
so no new achievements, and now it sounds like no new maps? do 360 owners have anything to look forward to, or is TF2 pretty much "as is" :(

me = <3 broken

Bad_Byte
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
With the offical "undecided" on new maps for consoles, you can pretty much bet on that its "as is" :mad:

one eight seven
01-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Actually I dont see a problem in not releasing new achievemnts for the 360 version.
Infact, the game has the achievements listed ingame after all.
You could add the new achievements in the TF2 List but not for the actual xbox achievement list... (Does that make sense?)

Meaning the achievemnts would give the player no Gamerscore and only can be views by launching the game BUT that would prevent people playing certain classes only for the Gamerscorepoints and other gamers still would have something to unlock.

Just a thought...

That's actually a great idea. I wonder if that is possible? Having some new 'goals' to try to achieve in TF2 would be fun. It was interesting to check the achievements page and see how far along I was in the various achievements. Who cares if they actually contribute to the gamerscore? Just make them new goals worth zero points.

one eight seven
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
On a side note, Kerry, I understand that Valve is undecided on whether or not the new class updates and maps are coming to the 360. Is the reason for this technical or business related? If you are even allowed to answer that.

Kerry
01-16-2008, 12:12 PM
On a side note, Kerry, I understand that Valve is undecided on whether or not the new class updates and maps are coming to the 360. Is the reason for this technical or business related? If you are even allowed to answer that.

From a business standpoint, we'd be happy to give all of our customers the same near-daily updates that the PC gets. Obviously, that's not possible as every platform has its own constraints - and it's often difficult to know in advance what will be possible and what won't.

BooZ
01-16-2008, 12:44 PM
ehy kerry nice to see a valve crew member back on this forum..i was thinking this game on 360 was already dead. we are all waiting for sum news about the patch and next updates(not general news about TF2 pc VERSION..we want TF2 XBOX360 news). plz..we already know that 1 patch is already in >MS hands..but we are gettin tired of waiting for this awesome game. holidays are back..but i don't see the patch.Any explaination ? release date?

:mad:

Kerry
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Last time I speculated on a date it didn't turn out so well...

The update still exists, is in certification, and will be released - that much I can state with certainty.

one eight seven
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, Kerry. I am probably one of the few folks who does not mind waiting additional time for the MS certification. The 360 is a relatively closed system and their additional testing tries to make sure that updates do not cause other issues or open up potential holes for hackers. Having experienced how a game can be ruined by malicious modders, I am fine with having to wait a little longer. Hopefully, it makes it out soon.

As for the class updates and new maps, I hope it is not the certification process or other technical issues that has Valve undecided on whether or not they are coming to the 360. Some of us are willing to wait. If it is something more along the lines of working with the publisher (EA), then I hope that side of the equation can be worked out as well.

Either way, I don't see myself quitting on this game any time soon. It is a great title and a lot of fun in it's current form. Updates and new content would be great, but it is certainly not the end of the world if we don't get them or if they take a few months longer than the PC.

ongNym
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, Kerry. I am probably one of the few folks who does not mind waiting additional time for the MS certification. The 360 is a relatively closed system and their additional testing tries to make sure that updates do not cause other issues or open up potential holes for hackers. Having experienced how a game can be ruined by malicious modders, I am fine with having to wait a little longer. Hopefully, it makes it out soon.

As for the class updates and new maps, I hope it is not the certification process or other technical issues that has Valve undecided on whether or not they are coming to the 360. Some of us are willing to wait. If it is something more along the lines of working with the publisher (EA), then I hope that side of the equation can be worked out as well.

Either way, I don't see myself quitting on this game any time soon. It is a great title and a lot of fun in it's current form. Updates and new content would be great, but it is certainly not the end of the world if we don't get them or if they take a few months longer than the PC.

signed. I think alot of the griping is from uncertainty. This game definitely has a community on the 360, as you can see by visiting xbox.com and checking the forums (sorry PS3 guys, not sure teh status of the TF2 PS3 community), and we are all greatly anticipating what valve has planned for its console players.

Oh Spartacus
01-16-2008, 06:05 PM

I am in complete agreement. I'd also love for the class updates and maps to make their way to the 360. I don't mind waiting, just as long as I know one way or the other.

one eight seven
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Slightly off topic here, but I am hoping for a response from Kerry.

Will the patch that is in certification enable someone with an average cable connection (~6.5 Mb down/756kb up) to host 12 or 16 person rooms? Or should I still expect to see the warning message when I try to bump the size of the room up? Unfortunately, FIOS is not offered in my area. Thanks.

Kerry
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
This update won't reduce the basic hosting requirements, only smooth out big spikes that caused disconnects.

one eight seven
01-17-2008, 02:31 PM
This update won't reduce the basic hosting requirements, only smooth out big spikes that caused disconnects.

Cool. Thanks again for the reply.

i refuel u
01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
will this also correct the random hard locks that hosts experience in game and at the loading screen?

Bad_Byte
01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
So the net code is still bloated ...

men1kmati
01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
wanna know what sucks? i wont be able to play tf2 for like a month...or any xbox live at all becuase my xbox stopped reading discs. It happen over night too. I was on until like 2 am it was working fine i wake up at like 11pm and my xbox is broken...ive only had this box for less then 4 months after i got my new xbox from microsoft after my rrod.

BooZ
01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
lol u know what suck? maybe u don't know my story..it s true not fiction.

I had my 360 when it came out. i m running with my 10 xbox360. this sux man. 9 xbox360 broken. i have tried the nyko cooler,i got not problem with electricity in my house.It s only MS fault..and i play 8/9 houres all days.

BTW about TF2 news..NETCODE is not changed about bandwith required specs.So if you got 500/700 Kb/s UPLOAD u cannot host smooth 16 peoples matches.