PDA

View Full Version : CSS Crash Failed load into Server

Ky0
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had experienced recent problems of loading onto certain servers.

This problem is does not affect all servers only certain specific ones. When it happens it goes through the motions of loading through the server. Connecting to that server and even gets as far as loading through and seeing the initial ingame screen of the map that currently at play. However i am left stuck on the initial intro GUI screen. There no movement or models at play which you would normally see the action on a successfully loaded server. The screen is left frozen with net_graph stats all static, i am left connected to the server which then doesn't allow me to click and or do anything.

I can move the mouse but it hl2 has crashed which always results me rebooting the system. If i try any other or most server it fine but if i go back to the same one it does the same thing. This is extremely annoying for certain types of match wars or comps. :rolleyes:

Anyone have any ideas.??

Cheers

Kyo

P.s Thinking it could be drivers or something? Nothing on log file to indicate anything :( But then why only the odd server while most 95% of others servers they are fine. ? Surely a setting on that server that could be a cause??

My Specs

8800GTS
Opteron148
Creative X-fI Xtreme Gamer
720 PSU

UPDATE- Also getting -

Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
- Material : stone/infflrd_blend_dirt
- Surface center : 824 2904 124
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: stone/infflrd_blend_dirt). Support for this will go away soon.

HpnoQuix
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't know about the first part, but I'm also getting:

Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
- Material : stone/infflrd_blend_dirt
- Surface center : 824 2904 124
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: stone/infflrd_blend_dirt). Support for this will go away soon.

It happens on other maps, not just de_inferno with other materials missing or being replaced. That shows in console upon connecting to most scrim servers and after 2-10 minutes of playing CS:S freezes for about 5 seconds and afterwards the textures are completely unrecognisable, and it is nearly impossible to tell who's CT or T, let alone figure out where walls are. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? And no, re-installing does NOT work. It started happening after the most recent steam update, though the logs don't show any update to CounterStrike: Source.

Cl0wd
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Same exact problem.

Help?

iStrive
06-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Do you have IDM? If you do you have to disable integration with IE! That will fix your problems.

gil1611
03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
mat_specular 0
mat_bumpmap 0
enjoy....:)