PDA

View Full Version : For those that can't get Crazy Machines 2 to run

Treytor
06-21-2008, 02:12 PM
It seems you need to have the PhysX drivers installed (whether you actually have a PhysX card or not doesn't matter).

Download and install this:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/ageia_8.04.25_whql.html

If it still doesn't work, you may also need to install OpenAL as well, which can be found either here:
http://connect.creativelabs.com/developer/Wiki/OpenAL%20Installer%20for%20Windows.aspx
- or -
From the Crazy Machines Install directory located here (Thanks Bríghid Kitten):
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crazy machines 2\Openal\oalinst.exe

If it is getting stuck at a blank screen with a spinning hourglass, make sure you install the lastest version of DirectX:
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10-a.aspx

Hope this helps!

If you are still having problems, open your cm2.log file located in the Crazy Machine 2 directory, and paste any [ERROR] messages in this thread (thanks Belab).

Bríghid Kitten
06-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I just posted the same thing, but looks like you beat me to it while I was typing! Let me add that the OpenAL installation file doesn't actually need to be downloaded. It can be found at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crazy machines 2\Openal\oalinst.exe

Thanks Treytor. :)

Tipperton
06-21-2008, 04:26 PM
It seems you need to have the PhysX drivers installed (whether you actually have a PhysX card or not doesn't matter.
That's true for any program that uses PhysX, if the drivers can't find the hardware, they'll implement the physics calculations in software.

prokofjev
06-22-2008, 03:34 AM
I've done all the solutions posted here on forums and still the game freezes on the full screen logo after the intro videos....

Arnika
06-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Thanks! Just installed the PhysX here and now it works fine.

Ravva
06-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Ok I've managed to get this game running now....

I had the black screen and the aero hourglass after the splash screen.

This is somehow being caused by my x-FI card. I have installed the very latest drivers, and directx etc etc and still no joy (ironically it was vista and xfi that gave me hour sof trouble with ut3 installation)

So for now ive just reverted to my mobo soundcard and I can get the game to run.

noxicmoon
06-22-2008, 05:22 AM
I've done all the solutions posted here on forums and still the game freezes on the full screen logo after the intro videos....

Dont worry, your not on your own, i have tried the following things :

Installing pyhsx
Installing oalinist
Updating windows
Installing latest drivers
Re-downloading and re-installing crazy machines 2
Using the shortcut in the cm2 folder
Minimizing background programmes
Asking around on www.fpsbanana.com

But the game still fails to work.

prokofjev
06-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Dont worry, your not on your own, i have tried the following things :

Installing pyhsx
Installing oalinist
Updating windows
Installing latest drivers
Re-downloading and re-installing crazy machines 2
Using the shortcut in the cm2 folder
Minimizing background programmes

But the game still fails to work.

Everything same here... I've also installed the latest DirectX (newest package of the 9.0c)... mine's a Dell 1520 laptop with GF8600GT and Win XP...

gf1024
06-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Same here, installed everything needed, and it just doesn't work.

prokofjev
06-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Try this if it doesn't work after everything... open the cm2.ini file with notepad (it's in the crazy machines 2 root folder) and change the FullScreen = true to false...

Belab
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
One more thing you need to check if CM2 doesn't start:

Go into your cm2.log file and check for a "[ERROR]..." entry. Then post this error here.

e.g. [Error] DirectX 9 graphics device: CreateDevice failed (8876086C).
In this case you need to check the row above. There you can finde the graphics adapter. Mostly the graphics adapter doesn't support PixelShader 2.0.

Example for a graphics adapter in notebook:
[Init] Graphics Adapter: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family

Tipperton
06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
You might also want to check the forums and or the support contacts at www.crazymachinesgame.com

WhiteDog
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Mine hangs on "Game: Setting up sound device...".
I only have onboard sound...

Update:
I disabled all outputs, got a green screwdriver for a second and then it hangs again, this time at "Game: Initializing renderer..."

This game has issues. Bad developers, bad!

MrCoder
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Mine hangs on "Game: Setting up sound device...".
I only have onboard sound...

Update:
I disabled all outputs, got a green screwdriver for a second and then it hangs again, this time at "Game: Initializing renderer..."

This game has issues. Bad developers, bad!

Does your system meet the required spec's for the game?

WhiteDog
06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Does your system meet the required spec's for the game?

Vista x64 Ultimate - 8800GTX - 4 GB ram - Q6600

killest
06-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I get this message in the cm2.log when i try to run the game.
I just reformatted my computer, and I installed DX9 latest, nVidia Physx, OpenAL, and the latest mobo/vid card drivers.
My vid card is Geforce 8600GTS. The game worked before I reformatted...

[Error] DirectX 9 graphics device: DirectX 9 extensions not found (80004005)

mgoblue3296
06-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Here's my error:

Game: Setting up graphics device...
[Init] Initializing DirectX 9 graphics device...
[Init] Graphics Adapter: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
[Error] DirectX 9 graphics device: CreateDevice failed (8876086C).

I've tried everything mentioned in the original post, now what? When I try to load my game, it shows the cm2 brown box thing, then opens a window with nothing in it and freezes.

PIGSgrame
06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
To be able to run the game properly, you need a graphics adapter that supports at least Pixel Shader 2.0 and is DirectX 9 compliant. Most notebook graphic decives are not sufficient for CM².

mgoblue3296
06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
To be able to run the game properly, you need a graphics adapter that supports at least Pixel Shader 2.0 and is DirectX 9 compliant. Most notebook graphic decives are not sufficient for CM².

Does anyone have any examples of these? My current graphics adapter is an Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, and the error is located in my post two posts above. The computer I'm running is an HP Desktop, if that makes any difference.

I just want to play the game D:

PIGSgrame
06-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I have a GeForce 7300 GT with 256 MiB RAM. This is not at all the best and newest you can have, but it supports Pixel Shader up to version 3.0 and has enough power to run the game rather fluently. According to the developers, even a GeForce 6xxx can run the game.

AFAIK, most notebook and desktop PC onboard graphic devices are not powerful enough to run CM², do not support Shader 2.0 or are not compatible to DirectX 9 hardware routines. If you have the opportunity, I strongly recommend to install the game on a desktop PC (rather than a notebook) which has an actual graphics adapter and not just an onboard device. Most of today's stationary PCs should be able to run CM² - quite a few notebooks aren't.

sjcbulldog
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I have installed CM II and it will not run. The cm2.log file contains the following line:

[Error] DirectX 9 graphics device: DirectX 9 extensions not found (80004005).

I am running Windows Vista 64 SP 1 and Direct X 10. I have an NVidia 8600 GTS Video card with the latest drivers. If there is a specific capability required of the video card that this card does not have, I cannot deduce this from information in the log file. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bulldog

evilaardvark
06-29-2008, 01:34 AM
I am getting the same error:

I am trying to play on my laptop which has an ATI Mobility Radeon X2300. This certainly should be a strong enough card to handle this game. It seems like maybe we need to install the dx9 SDK or something?

PIGSgrame
06-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Yes, both of you have card which should be able to run the game. You can try to install DirectX 9 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en) if you don't have Windows Vista - maybe some of the recent DirectX 9 drivers are missing on your system.

sjcbulldog
06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I am running vista (64 bit) and therefore Direct X 10 is installed.

Thanks
Sjcbulldog

sjcbulldog
06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I was having the problem several others here was having. With windows vista (64 bit in my case), I got the error message:

I went to the Direct X runtime download page at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

and ran the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. This installer installed some "optional" components of Direct X 9 even though I have Direct X 10 installed on my machine. After doing this I am now able to run the Crazy Machines II application.

Hope this helps others
sjcbulldog

MrcredsAlex
06-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Thank you very much.

NeatNit
07-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Posted what was here in a new thread. Please help me there!

MAXIMUS250
07-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Try this if it doesn't work after everything... open the cm2.ini file with notepad (it's in the crazy machines 2 root folder) and change the FullScreen = true to false...

That did not work, but this did...

My problem turned out to be because of screen size. The default size is 1024x768. I am connected to an HDTV with 1280x720 resolution. It seems if the default extends beyond the screen size, the game gets stuck.

I edited cm2.ini with these screen settings:
ScreenWidth = 1280
ScreenHeight = 720
ScreenDepth = 32
FullScreen = true
AspectRatio = 1

sfoxe
07-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 and couldn't get the game to run. Following this post's advice I was able to get it working - the culprit was DirectX, which I had assumed would have been installed properly as part of Vista SP1. Go figure.

Thanks guys.

Pydro
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey thanks Sjcbulldog! That fixed it completely! It actually turns out that my DirectX was corupted. Reistalling it helped!!!:)

silent55
10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Perhaps another solution available. I had the problem where I'd get the initial splash screen but then nothing would load. I just had a black screen with the screwdriver sitting on it. My fix came from noticing another program running at the time.

I have a codec pack called FFDshow, and it was trying to run the opening videos, thereby keeping the game from running. Although it may have only required a little futzing with the program, I just uninstalled FFDshow to make sure nothing interfered. And voila. After I uninstalled FFDshow, I clicked on my Crazy Machines 2 icon, and the game started right up, zero problems. Anyway, another possible solution.

Boppa
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
this is my error message
[Error] CM2GreekPedestal: Geometry 'GreekFirebowlGeometry' missing.
[Error] CM2GreekPedestal: SetOverlapGeometry 'GreekFirebowlGeometry' missing.

Mostly1
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
This is The error message I get. I did everything above and in this thread. It just freezes after the loading ads.

[Error] PhysX: Unable to find the PhysX libraries. The PhysX drivers are not installed correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled PhysX twice and it said successful both times.

Belab
12-06-2008, 01:34 AM
This is The error message I get. I did everything above and in this thread. It just freezes after the loading ads.

[Error] PhysX: Unable to find the PhysX libraries. The PhysX drivers are not installed correctly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled PhysX twice and it said successful both times.

Then the installation of the PhysX-Software wasn't successful. Get the latest PhysX-Systemsoftware and install it with administrator rights.

Mostly1
12-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Then the installation of the PhysX-Software wasn't successful. Get the latest PhysX-Systemsoftware and install it with administrator rights.

I am the administrator on my machine. I installed PhysX once from the site and another directly from the PhysX folder that came with the cm2 installation files through steam. Both times it said successful installation.

I used to be able to play this with no issues what so ever. I saw the cm2 addon is in my "pre-loaded" games, i wanted to play cm2 again and it just freezes. I dont know if the pre-load has anything to do with it but I cant find any information on that either.

The only thing that I have upgraded is my videocard to an ATI 4850 512MB. All drivers and CCC are up to date.

weaselofdeath
12-13-2008, 11:30 PM

I am getting this same error and same thing like Mostly1.

Belab
12-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Try to install the latest PhysX Drivers.

link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.10.13_whql.html

siSINka
12-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Try to install the latest PhysX Drivers.

link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.10.13_whql.html
Yes, I had the same problem as weaselofdeath and this helps me.

tcdmail
12-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I got this error message:

[Error] Storage 'SteamPipeClosure' not found. (add-on was installed yesterday)

Any ideas ?

Tnx already for the feedback

Sleepy1981
12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I have installed the latest GeForce drivers, have installed the PhysX drivers and the latest DirectX drivers, but I still only get the spinning cogs and the HDD lamp is constantly illiminating.

In the log file i have the following:
I have several times tried to uninstall and install the PhysX drivers, but still get the same error.

Specs:
HP DV5-1095eo, C2D 8400, 9600GT M, 3GB ram, Vista home premium.

Any ideas?

Sleepy1981
12-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok, got it to work, you need the physx 8.10.13 drivers. The PhysX drivers in the first post are old, so they did not work for me...

n261003
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I have downloaded and installed Crazy machines 2, but when i luanch the game it goes though a series of screens and then goes to a loading screen with cogs going round then all it does for is stays there with the cogs going around and around and doesn't get past that point. I've tryed to do everything on the forum however this has not any difference. Please help...

Freman
12-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Ok, so summary:

Black screen, spinning hour glass / whirling aero - http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10-a.aspx - install directx "optional bits"

Get to cogs screen and get stuck - Install http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.10.13_whql.html

darth_careful
01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Hmm. I just get the cogs spinning, forever. It was entertaining for the first hour, but gets old quickly after that. :rolleyes:

(edit)
Anyway, I finally fixed it. Installing new PhysX drivers over the old ones didn't work; I needed to uninstall them from the Control Panel, then install the standalone PhysX 8.10.13 package.

Hope this helps those of you still struggling with it...

Subaru41
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application: Initializing...
[Init] Crazy Machines II 1.05.0385
[Init] Loading cursors...
[Init] Cursors loaded.
[Init] Loading plugins...
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/addon01.dll' (2385DFD8-BAFE-4F97-9243-B4B2FE1BFB38, 21 elements, 2 themes).
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/base.dll' (D0059206-5EF2-4BF4-92E3-BEC99DA82199, 208 elements, 15 themes).
[Init] 2 plugin(s) loaded.
[Init] Loading lab libraries...
[Init] Loading profiles...
[Init] Initializing HTTP client...
[Init] HTTP client initialized.
[Init] Initializing faktum game...
Game: Creating main viewport...
Game: Setting up input device...
Enum Controllers ...
Enum Controllers complete...
FInputDeviceDI8: IME Input disabled
[Init] Graphics Adapter: Radeon X1800 Series
[Init] Vertex shader version: 3.0
[Init] Pixel shader version: 3.0
[Init] Texture register count: 8
[Init] Maximum texture size: 4096 x 4096

Subaru41
10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I downloaded the top option on this link below and installed it. (((DirectX End-User Runtime)))

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/resultsForProduct.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=9C954C37-1ED1-4846-8A7D-85FC422D1388

sub7th
09-09-2010, 10:18 PM
That did not work, but this did...

My problem turned out to be because of screen size. The default size is 1024x768. I am connected to an HDTV with 1280x720 resolution. It seems if the default extends beyond the screen size, the game gets stuck.

I edited cm2.ini with these screen settings:
ScreenWidth = 1280
ScreenHeight = 720
ScreenDepth = 32
FullScreen = true
AspectRatio = 1

This worked for me. 1920x1080
Thanks!

suffix79
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Help needed...!

I get CM2 to run on my laptop without any problems. It runs all the way until I have to insert my name. See, the problem is: I HAVE NO MOUSE CURSOR!!! I can write my name, but then I don't get past that screen. Nothing works; enter, tab n-o-t-h-i-n-g. No mouse cursor = no game. I have been searching like crazy all over the net, but for some reason my problem is unique. Help anyone?

tomholt155
07-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Mine just crashes on startup, ive checked the log and theres nothing thar.

Do you think it might have something to do with the direct x 10 for XP thing i dled?

BeLGaRaTh67
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Mine crashes saying about Physx but I have the latest physx installed (using 280.19 Nvidia drivers) with Physx 09.10.0514 installed the downloadable version on the physx website is 09.10.0513 and thus it complains that I already have a newer version installed.

I only just managed to get a refund for the duff Mumbo Pack where 70% of the games didnt work in that pack, I don't want to go through the whole credit card crap again :(

FYI I bought the everything pack and Crazy Machines and Crazy Machines 1.5 seems to work just not 2, and there appears to be no DLC for 2 either :(

toshin
10-30-2011, 05:58 AM
I tried all of the solutions to no avail. All of my drivers were up to date. I decided to try ONE more time before I sent my opinions of the game to the developers. I have a hexacore with a GeForce 460. Also, 3.5 Gb RAM as I run Win XP still.

After trying to launch the game, after each step, nothing worked. Also, I changed the CM2 config file as pointed out by an earlier post, to reflect my native desktop settings:

ScreenWidth = 1920
ScreenHeight = 1200
ScreenDepth = 32
FullScreen = true
AspectRatio = 1

I changed my compatibility to an older version of Windows, but Steam did not like that. I tried checking the box "Disable Visual Themes" and viola!! :D

I don't think I need to disable visuals , but there it is and at least I can play. Just doing one fix didn't work for me. Doing these 2 different fixes worked it out. Hopefully, this fixes some of these problems.

mikkeljespersen
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I’m sorry, but the problem could very well lie in your graphics card. You have an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, which is an internal graphics card that has shared memory and does not have the dedicated amount of memory needed in order to play the game. In addition, your graphics card does not support DX9, which is a very key component in running the game on your computer as well. You could try upgrading your graphics card by clicking on this link: http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm and click on the tab that says “Check for updates” and follow the instructions given.

Have you updated the PhysX drivers as well? If not, click on this link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.0213-driver.htmland then click on the “Download” tab and follow the instructions given. Restart your machine and then try to play the game.

You can also try disabling "visual themes" from the .exe. In order to this, right-click on the Crazy Machines 2 icon, then click on the Compatibility tab, and then check the box that says “Disable visual themes.”

Amarantamin
03-16-2012, 09:51 PM
I still cannot get Crazy Machines 2 to run, after following all of the instructions provided here. I've done all the updates (though, the system already had them, I did them again), tried disabling visual themes, and changed the ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight in the cm2.ini file.

The problem is, I get a splash screen, the computer screen goes black for a brief moment, and then the game crashes to the homescreen.

The game played fine before recently upgrading my motherboard/processor/RAM. All drivers and updates have been installed. All other games play fine, most actually play much better than before, as I went from a dual-core CPU with 2GB RAM to a six-core machine with 8GB RAM. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but to no avail.

There are no [ERROR] tags in the log file.

If anyone knows of any other way to get this working, I would be appreciative. I was halfway through the game before upgrading my machine, and would love to play some more!

Amarantamin
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Here is the Log file if anyone is interested;

----------
Application: Initializing...
[Init] Crazy Machines II 1.06.0385
[Init] Loading cursors...
[Init] Cursors loaded.
[Init] Loading plugins...
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/addon01.dll' (2385DFD8-BAFE-4F97-9243-B4B2FE1BFB38, 21 elements, 2 themes).
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/addon02.dll' (9CBED962-274E-400C-98A6-38CEDD84C73F, 16 elements, 1 themes).
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/addon03.dll' (3F63BD1C-BAB5-4048-8434-8BC71EB74E04, 9 elements, 0 themes).
[Init] Loaded 'plugins/base.dll' (D0059206-5EF2-4BF4-92E3-BEC99DA82199, 208 elements, 15 themes).
[Init] 4 plugin(s) loaded.
[Init] Loading lab libraries...
[Init] Loading profiles...
[Init] Initializing HTTP client...
[Init] HTTP client initialized.
[Init] Initializing faktum game...
Game: Creating main viewport...
Game: Setting up input device...
Enum Controllers ...
Enum Controllers complete...
FInputDeviceDI8: IME Input disabled
[Init] Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
[Init] Vertex shader version: 3.0
[Init] Pixel shader version: 3.0
[Init] Texture register count: 8
[Init] Maximum texture size: 8192 x 8192
[Init] DirectX 9 graphics device initialized.
Game: Setting up sound device...
Game: Initializing renderer...
----------

Sterp
10-05-2012, 10:10 PM
For me, it says Preparing to launch Crazy Machines 2,
but quickly says This game is currently unavaliable (however its spelled). I have PhysX, anyone?
ALSO NO LOGS

kirkbross
12-04-2013, 08:02 PM
I too can't run CM2 in Widnows 7 64 bit. I did the fullscreen=false fix a month ago and it worked. But... now I just opened the game again and it crashed. So, I opened my cm2.ini file and it was blank. Any clues as to how it would become blank?

dkman
06-28-2014, 02:53 PM
For me, it says Preparing to launch Crazy Machines 2,
but quickly says This game is currently unavaliable (however its spelled). I have PhysX, anyone?
ALSO NO LOGS
This is what I was getting on Windows 8.1.
If you run cm2.exe directly it will say dx3d9_33.dll is missing.
What you need to do is install the "older versions of direct x" support files. Go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=159853 to download and install the files. Don't trust some random DLL download site, get it from the source.

dkman
06-28-2014, 02:57 PM
I too can't run CM2 in Widnows 7 64 bit. I did the fullscreen=false fix a month ago and it worked. But... now I just opened the game again and it crashed. So, I opened my cm2.ini file and it was blank. Any clues as to how it would become blank?

Don't know if it will help, but my ini file looks like this:
--- BEGIN ---
[Game]
Title = "CRAZY MACHINES II"
Maximized = false
ScreenWidth = 1680
ScreenHeight = 1050
ScreenDepth = 32
FullScreen = true
AspectRatio = 0
Gamma = 0.500000
GraphicsDevice = FGraphicsDeviceD3D9