PDA

View Full Version : Fix for vista &U U DO NOT NEED TO HEXEDIT

cronkllr
06-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Ok Since we Own the game this is not illegal, as we are using a backupcopy of the exe.. BUT here it is ..

http://m0014.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_manhunt.shtml#Manhunt v1.0 [ENGLISH] Vista Fixed EXE

with manhunt installed. you will extractfile archive 1 to

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\manhunt

You must use this exe for the patch to work..

overwrite the file...

Now

use the 2nd file archive

and extract that to the same DIR

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\manhunt

THIS WILL DO THE PATCHING FOR U,, you ARE DONE AND READY TO KILL ONCE AGAIN

!NOTE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS TO GET IT TO WORK I DID! !ALSO U NEED TO TURN OF DEP , WITH ADMIN RIGHT TOTO COMAND PROMPT AND TYPE

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

XStixsmaster
06-22-2008, 03:39 PM
this looks like it is using a no-cd crack exe file which is illegal and you shall be warned for posting to so yea...

---Stixsmaster

cronkllr
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Actually no-cd cracks ,, ARE legal for backup purposes only IF you OWN the game,, like we do here... We paid for the game all that that exe is doing is fixing the hex codes to make it run properly,,,

No i can see if u downlaoded the game illegaly and ued the crack ,, that would be very illegal..

BUT if u own a copy well it is ok,, as we arnt stealing i quote

"Keep the following in mind when making a backup of an Original Game CD/DVD:
You are LEGALLY ALLOWED to make a personal backup of an Original Game CD/DVD as long as you are the owner of the Original Game CD/DVD.
You are NOT ALLOWED to sell, rent or give away any backups of copyrighted Games CD/DVD's, as this is not allowed by Copyright Laws.
You MUST DESTROY any backups when you don't legally own the Original Game CD/DVD anymore (e.g. selling or giving it away)
Before making a backup, check in the supplied manual or on the back of the CD/DVD, if there are special conditions or provisions for making a personal backup.

You are ONLY allowed to ENTER GameCopyWorld if you need information to make a backup of an Original Game CD/DVD of which you are the legal owner. By Clicking the ENTER button you agree with the above Notice!
If you do not agree with the above notice then close your browser now! "

Now those are the Legal laws, in accordance to fedral , interpol laws, so if u own it it is ok

brian321
11-03-2008, 07:53 AM
this looks like it is using a no-cd crack exe file which is illegal and you shall be warned for posting to so yea...

---Stixsmaster

You know, no offense to your overbearing sense of morality or your legal prowess, but how can a nocd crack be illegal to use for a game that NEVER HAD A CD?

ColdnessCalms
12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
You know, no offense to your overbearing sense of morality or your legal prowess, but how can a nocd crack be illegal to use for a game that NEVER HAD A CD? lol, I use no-cd crack for my steam version of vice city so that multiplayer mod works. Hope its legal, if not, who cares :p:p

morpheus2n
12-18-2008, 10:43 AM
OMG WOW thanks so much I can finaly play this on vista works great pitty I'll play for like 10 mins then never again lol but it just proves that if the comunity want somthing there will do it themselfs if the devs are unwilling!!!!!

reallango
01-05-2009, 04:40 AM
You could just use the patch found Here (http://rgov.org/?p=103) instead.

Then no need for no cd crack.

You may still need to put the game in xp compatabilty mode though.

Freyar
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
No-CD cracks are in violation of the US DMCA (and soon-to-be canadian version of the DMCA, and eventually the European version of the DMCA.)

Breaking security protocols.

FourTwenny
01-31-2009, 03:21 AM
No-CD cracks are in violation of the US DMCA (and soon-to-be canadian version of the DMCA, and eventually the European version of the DMCA.)

Breaking security protocols.

No not soon to be Canadian, Bill C-61 has not became law. It was read in the house of commons on June 12th but not voted on. If your in Canada you can legally create and use a no CD crack to the best of my knowledge. Canada has not and likely will not sign onto the international copyright treaty.

morpheus2n
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Ok just a heads up this "fix" also works for windows 7!!!

BababooeyHTJ
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
NOD32 reports the second file as a virus.

whitelightning
12-24-2009, 07:47 AM
i did this fix. works perfect. http://gzwn.net/manhuntpatcher/

ianburnip
01-06-2010, 02:09 PM

doesn't work for me.

got the 9600 GT and it just works for a second before minimizing it.... help!

irmr2
01-17-2010, 09:05 PM
doesn't work for me.

got the 9600 GT and it just works for a second before minimizing it.... help!

I have a 9500GT and it worked great. Make sure it's patched in the right folder when you're installing it. The game isnt the best but glad I can finally play it. The Rockstar game package is sweet!

Oldskool85
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM

Thanks, that fix works perfectly. Too bad Rockstar didn't patch this themselves and I had to get the game working this way.