PDA

View Full Version : Days counting : 50 (07/09/2008)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tristan8969
07-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Gabe said "As long as you pay great attention to the community you are going to be successful in this business.."
Today is : 10/05/2010

3 YEARS, valve finally heard us. Thank you.

Zefar
07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Hehehe :p It'll come. Soon :o

Btw some of those claimed bugs in your topic should be taken of the red list at least and some should be moved.

Pistol crosshair bug. This is for not an MAJOR bug that ruins the gameplay. Throw this in the green area.

The Models hitboxes not drawn correctly while planting should be moved up to Red as THAT one is an major bug. I don't see how you can't see that.

One that is missing is the ladder sound. I know Valve made it so that you could climb up the ladder while in crouch to not make a sound but this doesn't work correctly in the way that the sounds rarely comes up.

I also don't agree on the body shield part. As some weapons will take double damage then when shot from certain directions.

skoops
07-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I know its been a loooong time but where expecting the new source07 engine and hopefully bug fixes any time soon :)

This is only speculation and speculation can be sometimes dangerous but ill say it anyway with Valve just finishing DOD beta, I'm hoping that there putting the finishing touches to CSS beta as we speak

Tristan8969
07-09-2008, 10:07 AM
yeah i know i still read my post unless some ppl (who said valve ?) :O
but i'll not update my bug list as valve don't update somethig in css (no i'm not 4 yrs old :D)

no seriously i'm being verry pissed off

KrisK1991
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Great topic Tristan!
CSS players really really need update now.

So bump :)

unholy paradox
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Excellent topic.

Please Valve, give us a response.b

fx.soap
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
how dramatic! :eek:
days, hours, minutes! there is no hope! life isn't worth living! :(

l2ebel
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥, fire ze missilez!

Codelool
07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA W

If you don't like the game don't play.

Tristan8969
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
If you don't like the game don't play. noob answer, i guess you don't play on cs:s since the public release. so come back when you've played on it more than 4yrs+

IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME, JUST MAKE IT MOVE

life isn't worth living ok I admit that i've put a little too drama in my topic :D
if the results are here, i totally don't care how drama i'd put in it.

Mark316
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
You should of used Black for the Blackout part.
Update please

sciss0rz
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
UPDATE RELEASED

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1693

^_^

Cardboard093
07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
UPDATE RELEASED

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=169

^_^

No news posts were found matching those filter settings

But kudos to you for making me happy for a split second :cool:

sciss0rz
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
oh wow I got that link wrong. That's embarrassing.

Kigen
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Episode 1 Source Engine Update Released (7/9/2008)
July 9, 2008, 4:39 pm - Jason Ruymen - Product Update

Updates to the Episode 1 Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Episode 1 Source Engine

* Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch customers running under Windows Vista can now take advantage of 5.1 and 7.1 speaker configurations

weezy131
07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
amen to that can now game on vista now that the headphone setting stays when u choose it

Amplified
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Im more intrested in what new games are coming to steam.. not.

Good post-

TimS
07-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Im more intrested in what new games are coming to steam.. not.

Good post-

I want Counter-Strike 2!!!!!!!!!!

Hawky
07-10-2008, 02:43 AM
lol nice post.

How amazing wold it be, if VALVe just looked at the bug thread, and fixed every single bug/glitch in there! :)

Oh wait, i just woke up :(

TeacherCreature
07-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I am dreading the update as a server owner..
They just did DOD and Event script tools and mani admin no longer work because of the orange box.
That means no more zombie mod, superhero mod, warcraft mod, gungame or any of those other favorites people play.
I am not sure if people realize that about orange box, but if CS:S does that all of the previously mentioned servers will be gone. I work on the Warcraft mod and am a big participant in that community and we are all upset about it.

Zefar
07-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Yea um like every update killed the Mani Mods so that they had to fix them up again. This isn't a new thing for them either but they are still able to get them up and working in 2 days.

So please, CSS is not gonna die because the minorty of the servers use custom mods.

Tristan8969
07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks valve for screwing up my days counting !

but i'll not consider this "update" as an update.
5.1 and 7.1 sound in vista is nice but fix first problems experienced by ALL gamers and not only with the 1-3% vista players.

nethertheless i appreciate the comming of ONE miniminimini update before i die.

so the counting continues

Cardboard093
07-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Is this the final update to the episode 2 graphics or what?
I can only see 5.1 and 7.1 fix for Vista...

Tristan8969
07-10-2008, 08:15 AM

just that, nothing more nothing less

Hawky
07-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Is this the final update to the episode 2 graphics or what?

lol no its not.

ratfink
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
They just did DOD and Event script tools and mani admin no longer work because of the orange box.
That means no more zombie mod, superhero mod, warcraft mod, gungame or any of those other favorites people play.
I am not sure if people realize that about orange box, but if CS:S does that all of the previously mentioned servers will be gone. I work on the Warcraft mod and am a big participant in that community and we are all upset about it.

um, your rediculous. if the mod has a following it too shall be updated. dods had gungame servers back up the day after it switched. RELAX. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO PWN UR liL ELF friends!!11

Kyp
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Please update this game:(.

Tristan8969
07-11-2008, 08:29 AM
you said it

rickross21
07-11-2008, 08:32 AM
It will come guys, is the game so unplayable right now?

OJTheOrangutan
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Pretty much. Its funny though how it only becomes unplayable once you're aware of the bugs.

rickross21
07-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, I guess i'm a lucky one then. I have an "older" system that I still play on with relatively no problems.

undeniable
07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
While I desperately would love a huge nice update for CS:S, stating the game as unplayable is a laughably extreme exaggeration.

Tristan8969
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
ONE DAY MORE.

ratfink
07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
^proof/link/plz?

Tristan8969
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
oh scuse my bad english,

i wanted to say

one day more without update, no one day left before the update

is this sentence right ?

BTW srcds update are released Tuesday and thursday that's why i go to bed @ 4h00am EACH tuesday and thursday since ~1 year (sad, but true :/)

eleagnus
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
^ sad indeed :]

ratfink
07-11-2008, 05:28 PM
oh, haha, i get u now, tristan.

StevenBrouwer
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
CSS came free woth hl2 or only costed 20 dollar. I think that is the mistake valve made. You don't update a game that comes so cheap. They should have charged 50 dollar for css alone in 2004 and give a more satifing game. Because IMO CS is the most important game serie for valve.

adi_yo_011
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
CSS came free woth hl2 or only costed 20 dollar. I think that is the mistake valve made. You don't update a game that comes so cheap. They should have charged 50 dollar for css alone in 2004 and give a more satifing game. Because IMO CS is the most important game serie for valve.

The more reason why they should support it better.

Brainkiller
07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
This is the same guy who made the phantom bug topic?

Whippy
07-12-2008, 02:39 AM

Im in the same boat. Change would be best I think. I maintain 5 servers, and for the most part they would be broken. It "Should not" take too long for Mattie/mani to get things situated.

We will see.

Good luck to you.

This is the same guy who made the phantom bug topic?

Yes, but we did figure out he was just a troll there didn't we?

G_a_M_e
07-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Well, I thought there are going to be a lot of updates to CS:S since I came back today from last year.But I was disappointed when I saw this thread and only one update has been made since then.

aaraldo
07-12-2008, 09:09 AM
You should know Counter Strike Source is now abandoned by Valve. All the developers are creating class updates to Team Fortress 2 and most of the community is moving onto TF2 and Call of Duty 4.

It was fun while CSS lasted, but its time is up.

Mark316
07-12-2008, 10:50 AM
You should know Counter Strike Source is now abandoned by Valve. All the developers are creating class updates to Team Fortress 2 and most of the community is moving onto TF2 and Call of Duty 4.

Yeah I suppose CS 1.6 community is dead... oh wait........

saiko36
07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
wtf? .

Tristan8969
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
One another day passed, still nothing

Mark316
07-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Just keep editing your first post, the mods may see it as spamming.

rickross21
07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Just keep editing your first post, the mods may see it as spamming.

Ya, just keep updating the number. Ya never know, maybe we'll get something soon.

Gray-Sylar
07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Doubt CSS update would come for some time. I think they are currently on the working on the thousand bugs DODS has.

Tristan8969
07-14-2008, 04:53 AM
one another day passed.

MauCer
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Hmm. I quess i'll bump it up.

Anyway. Wonder if were getting anything else but that new engine update? Stats perhaps?

Amplified
07-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh I actually didnt know that it was you, tristan who made the bug list sticky. :3

This is so not the way to support your community. I know Valve are good guys (awsome support), but this is just a nightmare for the ppl who are hoping to play this game, Ive said to myself that I wont play Source until the update comes out, that was close to 4 months ago, but they have actually never neven confirmed that CSS is next up.

I mean, If I was someone working with a game, I would let ppl know whats going on. I would tell them that a big update was on its way and which bugs are adressed and fixed. IS IT REALLY THAT DEMANDING to take 5 minutes of your time to actually reply to a community of thousands that is currently speculating what bugs are going to be fixed in an update that isnt even annoucned? Valve is seriously lacking communication with the community of one of their biggest and best selling games. Shouldnt they atleast give us that benefit? To atleast let us know whats going on? Its like you said, Tristan, "a total blackout".

Do valve even know this bugs exist? Because I doubt they are reading this forum. Or are they actually thinking "nah its ok, its nothing crucial, its not like the game crashes everytime you start it up (which it does for some btw)".

Would Valve release episode 3 and everytime a new model was drawn they fling their arm like they were throwing a grenade and think "nah its ok". No they would sort it out asap and would not release the game until it was fixed. Its just crazy how little time this game actually seems to get under the lupp of Valve and how little maintence this game gets. Its like a car that runs ok but on every part there is some rust that needs to be polished away.

Ohwell, thats it for me for tonight...

/Amp
Kyoto, Japan

Crispix
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM

Mani Already said he wasn't doing anything with manimod untill the Orange Box update. Which would mean that he is waiting to fix it as soon as the update drops for CSS

Latest TF2 Update
Written by Mani
Sunday, 04 May 2008

Hi all,

I appologize for the site being down for a few days, it appears we had a database issue causing the problem but it is back up now!!

Kleos was kind enough to provide an updated gametypes.txt file for TF-2 and Isias made a post that is shown below.

As to the status of the plugin, well it's pretty much on hold in terms of new features. When the CSS port to the Orange engine is complete I will of course update the plugin to remain compatible.

Thank you for the incredible support on this site, there are a great many people who really make the plugin what it is today.

Thanks

Mani

skoops
07-14-2008, 10:16 AM

You must be joking the CS series will be around for a long time to come COD4 will come and go as did COD3, but with CS it will be around for decades as there still no FPS that comes close to matching it :)

Muffinabus
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
You must be joking the CS series will be around for a long time to come COD4 will come and go as did COD3, but with CS it will be around for decades as there still no FPS that comes close to matching it :)

Exactly, Activision pumps out those games almost as fast as EA does. The games barely hold any life when compared to Counter Strike. What are we... going on 9 years now for CS and 5 for CS:S?

Tristan8969
07-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Amplified (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=200229)

i'm totally 250% agree with you :)

ice_EyEz
07-15-2008, 08:02 AM
so valve have given up on css have they? i doubt it, but if so

US CSS PLAYERS WILL NEVER GIVE UP

Amplified
07-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I actually think there a hefty bunch of games out now that are better then CSS right now but it seems like ppl are just to afraid to try something new because that would make them a "noob" and noone wants to be that, right? I mean, by all means Call of duty 4 is a superior multiplayer experiance with many fun maps and customizable weapons and pearks and gamemodes. The netcode is better then CSS netcode and its visually a better game.

The only thing I can say that CSS is doing better then COD4 is how the menysystem works and that you can access the serverbrowser from ingame which is not possible in COD4. BUT atleast my favorite servers doesnt randomly disappear in COD4 and you can filter away pretty much everything (no i dont want to see server with bots in css). And there is hardcore.

Still ppl are coming back to CS and CSS like its somekind of drug that you just cant get away from. Have you asked yourself (if you played the game for 2-3+) am I really having fun playing this? I have and Ive come to the conclusion that the game pisses me off more then it makes me go WOW that was cool. Heck, even DOD source gives me more satisfaction and I started playing it 1 week ago when there was the free weekend and 2 days later I bought it.

This point kinda feel abit offtopic but I just wanna get this out of my mind, feels like something needs to happen before css can get back on the highway again. Afew pretty big clans are moving away from source or back to 1.6 right now. CGS is pretty much the only fun we got left in CSS.

Allright /end.

Mark316
07-15-2008, 08:44 AM
If you notice in the new new Left 4 Dead screening at E3 (which looks awesome by the way, yet another VALVe game I have to buy) they mention Counter-Strike so I doubt they have fogotten about us. My guess is after L4D... man there are so many games coming out that I want.. I need some money.

Amplified
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
If you notice in the new new Left 4 Dead screening at E3 (which looks awesome by the way, yet another VALVe game I have to buy) they mention Counter-Strike so I doubt they have fogotten about us. My guess is after L4D... man there are so many games coming out that I want.. I need some money.

What did they say?

Mark316
07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
They were just referring to Counter-Strike and TF2

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36318.html

Zefar
07-15-2008, 09:20 AM

CSS game isn't probably high on the list mainly due to that it tops the selling chart almost every single day.

So it's no wonder they want to update TF2 with lots of content to make it more popular.

I dunno about TF2 players moving to COD4 as both of those game are completely different so they might not like the style at all. I played COD4 and it only shined a lot in SP mode. MP is OK at most but if only things where changed it would be a lot of more fun.

CSS isn't abandon either unless Valve states so. Valve have said they are going to move the older source games to Source2007 and they already did it with DODs which frankly havn't had patches longer than CSS had.

Valve are just a bit busy with other things and when they are done with those I'm betting they will start updating CSS again with lots of stuff.

ŁΣěИ
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
fix bugs - yes
exploits - no
i want exploits, it makes me pro :)
but yea..where is that major update, we are waiting too long -.-

Dances
07-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Don't expect it today or tomorrow. The main valve guys are at e3.

Tetsu.
07-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't expect it today or tomorrow. The main valve guys are at e3.

Yeah because if they weren't it would definitely get done.lol

Tgump
07-16-2008, 05:22 AM
The more reason why they should support it better.

The more they make off of a game, the more they should update it. Simple.

Amplified
07-16-2008, 07:28 AM
The more they make off of a game, the more they should update it. Simple.

Im afraid thats not how Valve works, CSS is one of the top selling games (why?)and apparently Valve see no reason to release an update when the game sells, not even give out news whats going on behind the closed doors..

07-16-2008, 07:54 AM
CSS Does need an update I think even if it is just more sound options or a new map. (by sound options I mean different radio sounds or something) I 2nd the motion.

Tristan8969
07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
another day passed

ratfink
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM
sigh.........

lt.br0ken
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
play some tf2 while u wait for the update.. i do it :D

babokitty
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
TF2 is for noobs who cant aim. Play DoD:S.

Mark316
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM

Shows you are a complete n00b.

Zefar
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM

Dods and CSS = point and click with most weapons.

TF2 = Have to learn how to lead a target with rockets, grenades while the others are somewhat ok.

So really, which is the noob version? :/

Linkdk
07-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Yea sv_pure 2 > sv_pure 0 fix please :/

Versatile
07-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Dods and CSS = point and click with most weapons.

TF2 = Have to learn how to lead a target with rockets, grenades while the others are somewhat ok.

So really, which is the noob version? :/

Its not all point and click you still need to learn the recoil and where ppl hide, use sound, where to camp (if your team is the camping side [eg. CT's on DE maps if not rushing] )

All three games take skill to be a good player at it. There is no noob version TF2 CSS and DoD-S are all good games just leave it at that. :) :cool:

katyenoK
07-17-2008, 03:01 AM
You're all horrible people for complaining about a lack of updates.

They gave us Dynamic Weapon Pricing. You should be thankful for that gift.

Zefar
07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Its not all point and click you still need to learn the recoil and where ppl hide, use sound, where to camp (if your team is the camping side [eg. CT's on DE maps if not rushing] )

All three games take skill to be a good player at it. There is no noob version TF2 CSS and DoD-S are all good games just leave it at that. :) :cool:

The basics are only point and click. But to handle the weapons good is still easier than trying to constantly hit moving targets with the rocket launcher or the grenade launcher in TF2.

TimS
07-17-2008, 03:43 AM
You're all horrible people for complaining about a lack of updates.

lol!

10char

Tristan8969
07-17-2008, 07:57 AM

ahha best joke of the year ?

Mark316
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Not really, DWP would of owned with limits on the prices.

techniqu
07-18-2008, 01:11 AM
valve has never cared what the masses wanted fixed in their games, they've always done whatever the hell they wanted with the ONLY exception being shaguar's money fix done years ago in 1.6. people loved being able to shoot while bunny hopping, they took it out (may have been a good thing but generally it was a hated change). people thought 1.5's gameplay was great, it was altered in 1.6 for no real reason (first few bullets during spray closer to center of crosshair). People BEGGED for map fixes on bugged maps like nuke and dust2 (flashbug), and they are still, to this day, bugged. everyone HATED the shield, and now it's absolutely banned from pretty much every server and yet has not been removed (until source, but thats a different game). source's engine ran rather smoothly FPS wise during the ati9800/nvidia5000 video card era, where I was able to get a constant 100fps on an amd3200+ and a 9800XT, and then the "cpu optimizations" were introduced which greatly reduced overall fps in most systems, although it did increase fps in very poor systems. then each subsequent update the fps gradually became worse until the current point where even a current mainstream computer will have trouble maintaining 100fps without an edited config.

Dynamic pricing? dxlevel adjustments that greatly change gameplay? built in wallhack launch commands and commands that remove flashes STILL implemented years later as non sv_cheats??

the list goes on and on.

fact of the matter is, valve doesn't care about CS at all as long as it's still selling ridiculous amounts. they dump the CS projects on their interns and throw a few patches here and there to test out gimmicks and tweaks for their next game.

Amplified
07-18-2008, 01:33 AM
fact of the matter is, valve doesn't care about CS at all as long as it's still selling ridiculous amounts. they dump the CS projects on their interns and throw a few patches here and there to test out gimmicks and tweaks for their next game.

That should be put in the wikipedia cs section :p

SVD
07-18-2008, 09:14 AM
the game is absolutely unplayable now. on my c2d running at 3.4, 2gb 6400 mem, 8800 gts - i have unpredictable cross behaviour, choppy recoil, no smooth gameplay. AK completely changed physics, no aiming possible and no hitting at 100,000/101/101 on any server. cross is flying around and gets back with delay. no second shot is possible. 7500-7500 ISP with approx 5 tab ping on native servers with any gun except awp absolutely impotent against 3-4. only random. what the f is going on? what the f valve did with engine? css is completely g@y for now. valve do something! rollback at least!!!

StevenBrouwer
07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
valve has never cared what the masses wanted fixed in their games, they've always done whatever the hell they wanted with the ONLY exception being shaguar's money fix done years ago in 1.6. people loved being able to shoot while bunny hopping, they took it out (may have been a good thing but generally it was a hated change). people thought 1.5's gameplay was great, it was altered in 1.6 for no real reason (first few bullets during spray closer to center of crosshair). People BEGGED for map fixes on bugged maps like nuke and dust2 (flashbug), and they are still, to this day, bugged. everyone HATED the shield, and now it's absolutely banned from pretty much every server and yet has not been removed (until source, but thats a different game). source's engine ran rather smoothly FPS wise during the ati9800/nvidia5000 video card era, where I was able to get a constant 100fps on an amd3200+ and a 9800XT, and then the "cpu optimizations" were introduced which greatly reduced overall fps in most systems, although it did increase fps in very poor systems. then each subsequent update the fps gradually became worse until the current point where even a current mainstream computer will have trouble maintaining 100fps without an edited config.

Dynamic pricing? dxlevel adjustments that greatly change gameplay? built in wallhack launch commands and commands that remove flashes STILL implemented years later as non sv_cheats??

the list goes on and on.

Man I am having the same feelings for years and I never played any cs game before css.

In my dreams a company like relic games or blizzard makes a online cs like shooter because they do listen to communities. And in that case valve could die a fair death and I be happy about it. Too bad they normally make rts games which is then again the superior genre. :D

ratfink
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
the game is absolutely unplayable now. on my c2d running at 3.4, 2gb 6400 mem, 8800 gts - i have unpredictable cross behaviour, choppy recoil, no smooth gameplay. AK completely changed physics, no aiming possible and no hitting at 100,000/101/101 on any server. cross is flying around and gets back with delay. no second shot is possible. 7500-7500 ISP with approx 5 tab ping on native servers with any gun except awp absolutely impotent against 3-4. only random. what the f is going on? what the f valve did with engine? css is completely g@y for now. valve do something! rollback at least!!!
lol. it hasnt changed yet.. or even in years for that matter. you just cant shoot!
OR
take "cl_cmdrate +1" OUT of your config to get your cool little "5 latency" (while ur still holding about 50+ ping :( ) and take some shots then.

bravo company
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Well so you all know, the update might not be what you all wanted.

ratfink
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
so, what is it going to be then? huh? eh? im nervous....

Amplified
07-18-2008, 11:20 AM
so, what is it going to be then? huh? eh? im nervous....

Save 10% (Yes you heard me right!), 10% now when you buy:

The
Wonderful
End Of The World

now only 8,99!! Its a bargin!

Thats whats going on today...

Forz
07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Where still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skoops
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Well so you all know, the update might not be what you all wanted.

Indeed :)

We want what we cant have , then when we have it we dont want it :confused:

SVD
07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
lol. it hasnt changed yet..

it has. not right now. lets technically say since jan 07, the time i bought "new pc". my fps was in hard battle not below 150. now, on same system i have dropouts to ~70. its pretty half of perfomance, man. with overclocking core about 30% i get fps ~80-100. let also say that visually css is the same "nothing special" cr@p as before, nothing's changed in my settings/configs also. so whats the bottom? i know HOW ak should shoot and you right that i just cant shoot. just cant. +1/-1 its all pointless. ive tried every combination.

Mark316
07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
it has. not right now. lets technically say since jan 07, the time i bought "new pc". my fps was in hard battle not below 150. now, on same system i have dropouts to ~70. its pretty half of perfomance, man. with overclocking core about 30% i get fps ~80-100. let also say that visually css is the same "nothing special" cr@p as before, nothing's changed in my settings/configs also. so whats the bottom? i know HOW ak should shoot and you right that i just cant shoot. just cant. +1/-1 its all pointless. ive tried every combination.

You are right, my P4 2.80GHz/Radeon 9250 used to pull 60+FPS all the time when CSS was first released, then after loads of updates, I was down to 15-25FPS.
Forced me to upgrade to a C2D.

ŁΣěИ
07-18-2008, 06:34 PM
well now we will get better graphics but more fps too, couse it will support dual core, which is awesome :)

techniqu
07-18-2008, 10:32 PM
well now we will get better graphics but more fps too, couse it will support dual core, which is awesome :)

the question is WILL this ever be released, and if so will it be released while there are still a huge amount of people actually playing and wanting this update?

the update was suppose to come out with the orange box.....but it didn't and now there is pretty much no notification from the company whether or not there will even be an update.

Amplified
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
the question is WILL this ever be released, and if so will it be released while there are still a huge amount of people actually playing and wanting this update?

the update was suppose to come out with the orange box.....but it didn't and now there is pretty much no notification from the company whether or not there will even be an update.

exactly, I guess the only thing we can do is keep checking the steam updates and one day between the flood of offers from games that noone heard of and 5 ppl are playing, then, one day....

Zefar
07-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Not really, DWP would of owned with limits on the prices.

Well when deagle is able to go up to 16000 pretty quick I'm betting the limit isn't gonna do a thing.

Like come on, M4 and AK was up in like 7000 and what limit do you suppose you should put it at?
5000? :/
6000? :/
4000? :/

None of those would work well since it would stay up there all the time and people would whine about it.
Most people who played DWP wasn't in a mood to change their shopping list no matter what the cost. What makes you think this limit would make it so much better?

techniqu
07-22-2008, 09:26 PM
the days go by

ratfink
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
the days go by
thx for the reminder, mr. wizerd.

techniqu
07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
thx for the reminder, mr. wizerd.

no problemo

lasseholmen
07-25-2008, 03:40 AM
2 more days and a 400 Day Anniversary can be celebrated with a "For ♥♥♥♥s Sake"...

wilkinscs1
07-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Valve will never fix any of the bugs in this game. There is nothing for them to gain by doing so.

perrapaap
07-25-2008, 07:38 AM
I do belive that people needs a little reminder of a quite important factor in this discussion. CS:S was not made by vALVE. it was made by Turtlerockstudios which vALVE bought/joined to become one company early in 2008. DOD:S and TF2 is all vALVE games, so this makes it easier for vALVE to patch these games. i'm just glad vALVE does not do like the rest of the game companies. releasing the same game every year to make extra money. they patch their games... I LOVE VALVE!

Tristan8969
07-25-2008, 07:59 AM
New award for valve : 400 days passed without an update with a sticky list full of bugs.

"#103 I LOVE VALVE!" so do i, but not in this case.

Amplified
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
New award for valve : 400 days passed without an update with a sticky list full of bugs.

"#103 I LOVE VALVE!" so do i, but not in this case.

おめでとうございます!

Zefar
07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I do belive that people needs a little reminder of a quite important factor in this discussion. CS:S was not made by vALVE. it was made by Turtlerockstudios which vALVE bought/joined to become one company early in 2008. DOD:S and TF2 is all vALVE games, so this makes it easier for vALVE to patch these games. i'm just glad vALVE does not do like the rest of the game companies. releasing the same game every year to make extra money. they patch their games... I LOVE VALVE!

Wasn't it Valve who bought CS 1.6 and then made CSS. After like 2 years they gave the responsibility to Turtle Rock Studies who got busy with L4D quite quick.

That's what I remember.

perrapaap
07-25-2008, 11:36 AM
don't know the history of 1.6, but that might be. since it's Turtlerock studios that made cs_militia i guess it's still their responsability. but now they have joined eachother in the making of L4D i'd hope this wasn't an issue. but since no patches for CS:S since July 12, a patch looks like a faint light in the tunnel. and why they update DoD:S before CS:S is just plain stupidity by Valve. i mean come on! CS:S got a huge community for professional gaming, so why they port a less popular game first is beyond me. though this might be a kind of test run before they port CS:S. personally i think they should contact one of the mayor leagues in CS:S and ask the pros what bugfixes and such should be fixed first. and now that most mani-plugins is optimized for TF2, i can't see how hard it is to port these to CS:S.

Amplified
07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
wait a minute, CSS was not made by turtlerock studios? they made afew maps and the bot ai?

techniqu
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
yeah css was not created by turtle rock, they only made maps (not sure about A.I.). they may have given control of cs to turtle, which would explain the terrible patches and support compared to other valve games.

Amplified
07-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I guess they are busy with L4D, cu when L4D comes out + 4 months :p

Tristan8969
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess they are busy with L4D, cu when L4D comes out + 4 months :p

i guess they ALWAYS are busy. like me, i just find priorities for my tasks.

crashxp
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I think counter strike is fine the way it is :D

Sierra Oscar
07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
i guess they ALWAYS are busy. like me, i just find priorities for my tasks.

Well - I am guessing L4D would take priority at the moment . . . CSS cant always take priority.

Cardboard093
07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah it's funny how their most popular game gets lowest priority...

MrChris
07-25-2008, 05:03 PM

it's made it's done

when you are creating a new game it makes no ♥♥♥♥ing sense whatsoever to prioritise an existing game which is fully functional and works very well (after a lot of updates I may add) while the devs are bleeding money during the development cycle of their next game that they are taking the time to make

CSS isnt the centre of fps gaming, get over it

StevenBrouwer
07-25-2008, 05:50 PM
It doesn't even more make sense to fix a broken game after it has been broken for 4 years. I am telling you I have played CSS for four years, then I read all the 1.6 people complaining, I tried 1.6 and yes it is better! It's just that all my gaming bro's are still CSS, that I just can't switch.

So anyway I hope that SC2 comes out fast so I can leave Valve behind. I also hope that some other company is going to take over the monopoly on online PC shooters, cuz Valve had it's time. They can't motivate their developers to make something good.

wilkinscs1
07-25-2008, 07:47 PM

it's made it's done

when you are creating a new game it makes no ♥♥♥♥ing sense whatsoever to prioritise an existing game which is fully functional and works very well (after a lot of updates I may add) while the devs are bleeding money during the development cycle of their next game that they are taking the time to make

It may not be the center of fps gaming, but it is the center of competitive fps gaming. CS has always had the largest competitive community of all the other valve games by far. Professional leagues, such as the CGS, are being shown on TV and I'm sure it has played a large part in increasing interest and sales in the game. I think valve kind of owes it to the competitive community to fix some of the larger bugs that hurt it in competitive play.

But you're right, its never going to happen, people are going to keep buying the game regardless of whether any bugs are fixed and what are the people who already own the game supposed to do? Boycott it? Valve doesn't care, they already have our money. There's no incentive for them to ever do anything with this game ever again.

LeftyOwnsYou
07-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I think counter strike is fine the way it is :D

Same . I dont want it to change into CSS:TF

recon 1
07-25-2008, 09:53 PM
BTW srcds update are released Tuesday and thursday that's why i go to bed @ 4h00am EACH tuesday and thursday since ~1 year (sad, but true :/)
That's intense. You deserve some sort of dedication award from Valve, that's worth it.

Dark-Force
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM

it's made it's done

Actually you will find CS is the center of fps gaming give me another example that even comes close to wat cs has achieved and lasted

lebaonghi
07-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Same . I dont want it to change into CSS:TF
but i think that game would be great,right ?:)

recon 1
07-25-2008, 10:10 PM
[CSS is] fully functional and works very well

Did you really just say that? Or did a small child steal your computer? In any event, it does NOT work very well, and in some cases worked worse following the updates.

MrChris
07-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Did you really just say that? Or did a small child steal your computer? In any event, it does NOT work very well, and in some cases worked worse following the updates.

...in what way...I have played CS for years, before the 1.0 series all the way up to Source and I have very few if any complaints, I have played public and have played competitively for a long time, there is nothing gamebreaking or so stupidly annoying that puts the game on say a Battlefield level

Actually you will find CS is the center of fps gaming give me another example that even comes close to wat cs has achieved and lasted

CS is a popular game no doubt but there are plenty of other classic shooters, SP and MP that do more and try to do more, my point being that a lot of people out there don't want to play CS constantly, so NEW products are developed eg L4D

hell UT99 and Q3 were way better than CS tbh and they had totally different game styles

but for anyone to expect, or somehow believe that CS deserves all of Valves attention is just being naive

Amplified
07-26-2008, 08:18 AM
It is working, but its flawed, in some parts, very much and those things needs to be fixed for this game to be a better experience.

techniqu
07-26-2008, 11:22 AM
obviously it works, but thats like saying a car leaking gas works.

cs:s runs, but it runs worse than current gen games that look a million times better (see: cod4). the when a game requires a high end computer to run at full fps while being so old and as simplistic graphically as cs is theres a huge problem. on my system I get a consistent 125fps in all situations in COD4, with my max peaking at around 500. on cs I get a decent 120~200 or so, until there are multiple models on my screen in which case I'll drop to around 80~90 especially if theres smoke or water around (default config). this is on pretty much some of the best stuff you can buy right now that isn't in the 1000$ per part range.

theres also the problem with built in wallhacks, sv_pure causing random crashes, certain commands that remove flashes, flashes that some times do nothing if it hits you in the foot (foot acts as a wall for some reason), crosshair jumps during bursts in 100tic servers....the list goes on.

this game works, no question about that, but it's gameplay is still beta like.

CannibalBob
07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
You guys think they're gonna add death cams, domination/revenge, achievements and new maps? I know a lot of people are gonna hate it but I say :D YEAH!

Amplified
07-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I hope they will, it will be a fun for the pubbers, but it will most deffo be turned off on all match-servers.

Forz
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
since turtle rock does alot of the work on cs:s maps and stuff we wont see a update for css till after turtle rock is done with left 4 dead.then a good amount of time passes to allow left 4 dead sell the most copys. So i would guess we wont see any new maps or anything till around dec.08 or jan.09 since left for 4 dead realeases around nov.08 I think i read.

Forz
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
since turtle rock does alot of the work on cs:s maps and stuff we wont see a update for css till after turtle rock is done with left 4 dead realease. then a good amount of time passes to allow left 4 dead to sell the most copys. So i would guess we wont see any new maps or anything till around dec.08 or jan.09 since left for 4 dead realeases around nov.08 I think i read.

All i want to see is new engine for cs with the muilt threading they showed off in those test videos and bugs fixes none of that crap they put in tf2 or dods that ♥♥♥♥ is just lame I think. They should add a stats system as well since cs has been designed for one since the day it came out.

recon 1
07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I want bug fixes first, multicore support second, and I hope they don't add any dumb features. The only thing I would like to see is a limited stat system, showing lifetime kills and deaths, and stuff like that.

ofc
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Come on valve, update css :D

ILU
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Lets call gabe! any phone numbers ?

Jason Cooper
07-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Lets call gabe! any phone numbers ?

425-889-964 According to the Valve website, this is their number, prepare for "we cannot deny or confirm", though.

ŁΣěИ
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
anyone called ? :D

ILU
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes they said that i need to have patients and need to pwn some cheaters :)

Jason Cooper
07-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes they said that i need to have patients and need to pwn some cheaters :)

If they really did, they'd win the world.

Cardboard093
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
cs:s runs, but it runs worse than current gen games that look a million times better (see: cod4).

CSS will never run better than COD4 imo, unless they reprogram the whole Source engine.

techniqu
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
well, thats the problem. it USED TO run similar to how cod4 runs. i used to be able to get 100fps constant with an amd 3200+ and a 9800pro. years pass by, im now on an Q9550 @ 3.8ghz, 9800gx2.....and i need to load a config to maintain 100fps in inferno. what the hell is that?

Mark316
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
well, thats the problem. it USED TO run similar to how cod4 runs. i used to be able to get 100fps constant with an amd 3200+ and a 9800pro. years pass by, im now on an Q9550 @ 3.8ghz, 9800gx2.....and i need to load a config to maintain 100fps in inferno. what the hell is that?

Updating the source engine while not testing if it's optimized for CSS.

Cardboard093
07-29-2008, 12:37 PM

Yep...I also need a config.

The problem is that they keep updating the damn game engine all the time, when what they really need to do, is to reprogram it COMPLETELY or better yet just make a new engine WITH ALL FEATURES INCLUDED, instead of adding on feature by feature.

techniqu
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
the thing I don't understand about it is there were no visual enhancements added to the game, and yet fps gradually dropped. it makes no sense at all; almost like someone screwed up something in the code and noone bothered to fix it.

tin
07-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Yes they said that i need to have patients

You mean like a doctor?

idiot_newbie
07-30-2008, 01:57 AM
lol I think its pretty oblivious valve don't support CS:S as one of there games anymore.. because they obliviously aren't even continuing to develop it anymore.

Just look at thread title we havn't had any contact or any updates for 392 days, I think that can speak for it self.
They didn't say anything or show anything at E3 2008

Just my 2 cents

Amplified
07-30-2008, 03:00 AM
lol I think its pretty oblivious valve don't support CS:S as one of there games anymore.. because they obliviously aren't even continuing to develop it anymore.

Just look at thread title we havn't had any contact or any updates for 392 days, I think that can speak for it self.
They didn't say anything or show anything at E3 2008

Just my 2 cents

E3? Since when does Valve show updates on E3, even if the update was in development they wouldnt show it on E3.

Amplified
07-30-2008, 03:01 AM
I have sent a mail to Doug Lombardi, or I did 4 days ago.

ILU
07-30-2008, 03:35 AM

Yeah what the hell happened to de_inferno, getting 30 fps at de inferno with a fps config. Other maps are 70 with fps config.
My computer sucks, i need a new computer but still wth.

schafoO
07-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Yeah what the hell happened to de_inferno, getting 30 fps at de inferno with a fps config. Other maps are 70 with fps config.
My computer sucks, i need a new computer but still wth.

turn hdr off?

rush
07-30-2008, 06:58 AM
if i remember correctly, a long long long time ago, they said they gonna fix stuff in CSS after they release hl2 ep1? then hl2 ep2? then now l4d? then.... after HL3?......i gave up.

and every time they do release an update, they fix 2 small bugs no one cares about and creates 4 more big problems, and kills 20 more fps. it's like they are using some amateur programmers or sth. sigh.
i remember the time when CSS just came out and i ran it on gf2mx400. good times.

Amplified
07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
if i remember correctly, a long long long time ago, they said they gonna fix stuff in CSS after they release hl2 ep1? then hl2 ep2? then now l4d? then.... after HL3?......i gave up.

and every time they do release an update, they fix 2 small bugs no one cares about and creates 4 more big problems, and kills 20 more fps. it's like they are using some amateur programmers or sth. sigh.
i remember the time when CSS just came out and i ran it on gf2mx400. good times.

maybe they are :P

techniqu
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
to be honest i think valve worked on source initially, since it actually ran pretty decent.

i think they handed the project over to amateurs once they felt they finished the ground work, and ever since then every update has been horrible.

list of horrible updates:
100tic bug introduced where doors open hilariously slowly (still not fixed, had to be fixed by 3rd parties)
models shrunk in size and looked like midgets (removed shortly after)
models introduced with football team-like helmets (removed shortly after)
occasional cpu "optimizations" that tend to drop overall fps by 3-5~ per update
dwp introduced, and "main" guns instantly became 16k due to servers set with 16k start money and deathmatch servers. (removed months after failure)
sv_pure introduced which does NOT work in preventing the savvy from having 3rd party textures, but does cause textures to disappear once in a while revealing only the wire frame and then a crash after words.

Chops
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by ILU
Yes they said that i need to have patients
You mean like a doctor?

hahahahaha.

Tristan8969
08-02-2008, 09:40 AM
reversed countdown updated.

Amplified
08-02-2008, 10:20 AM
No reply from Doug L.

Kaisuro
08-02-2008, 10:47 AM
WTB> Updates 1 soul each.

Forz
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM
valve got a taste of the EA monopoly\greed and found they could soon bring it to its knees and monopolies there own future. They soon changed the way they worked to be like the rest of the game makers out release update move on release update move on keep the money coming.

No longer are the days when they pride themselfs in listening to the people no longer are the days when they pride themselfs on supporting there games far longer then the rest of game makers. Now are the days when valve puts updates on hold without a clear time frame of when they will restart the project if ever in favor of more profitable projects. Now are the days when they dont listen to people and introduce Updates that have little to do with fixing long standing problems instead focusing on game changes to make the game look new and fresh only looking to get a few more sales and more post saying i cant play a game that x years old cause of pooor coding.

Pls o Pls go back to your roots fix the long standing problems In cs:s stop trying to make the game new and fix whats broken before giving us stuff like dwp and achievments. Give us stuff that is going to increase fps instead of decrease like maybe dualcore support better instrution sets for the new cpus etc. We like the game the way it is we just want it fixed.

Mark316
08-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Now are the days when valve puts updates on hold without a clear time frame

No, thats VALVes roots, nothing new there lol.

idiot_newbie
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
No reply from Doug L.
LoL ! what did I tell you? ... In my opinion VALVe don't care about CS:S anymore...:o

Amplified
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
LoL ! what did I tell you? ... In my opinion VALVe don't care about CS:S anymore...:o

I don't know what you told me, who are you?
They most be laughing all the way to the bank to collect all the money that this game is giving them but still its so flawed in so many ways.

tin
08-04-2008, 12:55 AM
because they obliviously aren't even continuing to develop it anymore.

I doubt it. They'd probably have noticed if they weren't developing it anymore ;-)

zonetrooper5
08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Man all I want from Valve is to update CSS from version 7 of the Source engine to the Orange box engine so it can take advantage of my quad core processor.

schafoO
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Man all I want from Valve is to update CSS from version 7 of the Source engine to the Orange box engine so it can take advantage of my quad core processor.

i thought the "real" multicore support is currently disable.... is it?^^

realspa
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I think we have to wait a little bit, there are many things to do yet, and i know. the bugs and error are PRETTY annoying for everyone that is a good and a advanced palyer,

Dances
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Right now I'd be thankful if there even was an update.

Mark316
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM

There was..

July 9, 2008 - Episode 1 Source Engine Update Released (7/9/2008)

Updates to the Episode 1 Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Episode 1 Source Engine

Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch customers running under Windows Vista can now take advantage of 5.1 and 7.1 speaker configurations

Oh and what a glorious update it was.. /sarcasm.

Zefar
08-04-2008, 03:53 PM

They care but they got other games that needs more attention for the moment. L4D for example.

solrac500
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Dances View Post

There was..

July 9, 2008 - Episode 1 Source Engine Update Released (7/9/2008)

Episode 1 Source Engine

Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch customers running under Windows Vista can now take advantage of 5.1 and 7.1 speaker configurations

Oh and what a glorious update it was.. /sarcasm.

LMAO
thanks for that I got a goood laugh..

morfumax
08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
wait...ep 1 was updated to the orange box engine?

Dances
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
wait...ep 1 was updated to the orange box engine?Not yet I don't think.

Pottydodger
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
It appears the DOD:S beta is over and possibly being released as a standard, Hopefully this means that CS:S is up next for the move to the "ORANGE BOX ENGINE", Lets hope the net code is better and lag becomes less of an issue.

I would pay good money for a game that compensates well enough for lag that you can play from the other side of the planet and shots register as well as on lan. The day that game is released then you will see some fair online gaming.

And I would love to see that engine setting rates according to your ping so that all the players can be playing with same latency.

An in game option for server commands both player and server, similar to Mani or other plug ins, particularly for listen servers.

Bringing back intelligent hostages like in condition zero as a server option, with other more advanced options, like if the hostie can pick up a gun knife etc and use it he will. Some more realism for the hosties please. perhaps even having them bound and you have to cut there ropes before they are released and can use weapons.

And for de maps the ability to detonate the bomb at any time and kill players around you, as well as ct's being able to pick it up and run away with it and put it somewhere else "perhaps leaving a remote detonator for the t's (the remote staying with the bomb if t's pick it up" that starts a short timer so the ct must drop it and run.

One day this may happen, but the game needs a shunt forward or a complete remake, but I also love the game as it is as well so, I would like to see a cs:3 and leave css alone.

Or leave the game play alone and add options on the server side so that game play modes are available.

I think that valve could do all of this with the new engine. Have simply accessible rcon menu's to set the server to cs:s original/ORANGEBOX/and many other variations. Perhaps even 3/4 team variation all with bombs/hostages/capture the flag/deathmatch/etc. This game has more potential than may people realize.

Well thats about all I have to say on updates. Make it more configurable, then we can all be happy, lets hope someone listens.

recon 1
08-06-2008, 01:11 AM
And I would love to see that engine setting rates according to your ping so that all the players can be playing with same latency.

That's an interesting idea, but what about the guy with 900 ping who gets his rates set to 10/10/100 just so his lat can be 35 along with everyone else?

Pottydodger
08-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Well how hard can it be for a modern server to send data so that all the players receive data at the same time according to there ping. EG. the data is sent to the lowest ping last so they all receive the data at the same time. Then all the data compiled on return to the server so that ever hit is actually recorded.

I don't think falling over 800 ms after you got shot is a problem if you were shot. A small predict of body movements and you have a smooth game that is fair to all. A stable connection kicker and a max ping of 300 and you could play almost anywhere.

Guess that's an idea for a new engine.

I think it's time valve got beyond 7500 30 20 etc... for default rates and worked on a dynamic rates adjustment system.

But in answer just have a max ping kicker.

Rates can be adjusted to play with up to 300 ping with the new engine if they are set properly.

*Making this automatic could solve a lot of issues*

tin
08-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Bringing back intelligent hostages like in condition zero as a server option, with other more advanced options, like if the hostie can pick up a gun knife etc and use it he will. Some more realism for the hosties please. perhaps even having them bound and you have to cut there ropes before they are released and can use weapons.

And for de maps the ability to detonate the bomb at any time and kill players around you, as well as ct's being able to pick it up and run away with it and put it somewhere else "perhaps leaving a remote detonator for the t's (the remote staying with the bomb if t's pick it up" that starts a short timer so the ct must drop it and run.

Making hostages more sane would be nice. But no real world counter terrorism team would hand a hostage a gun. It would be like lighting a firecracker and holding it in your teeth... Might work out OK, but has potential for a lot of problems.

As for bomb mayhem... No thanks. Well, the part where CTs could pick it up and run away is funny, and could work, but remote detonation is bad. I mean, what happens when people work out that T's just have to plant the bomb and then blow it up immediately? They'd win as long as there's someone else alive (so leave someone at spawn).

If anything, I'd like the VIP and Escape modes to be brought back. Escape was actually quite fun on well designed maps. I never thought of it as one sided (we used to get a fairly even result when we played it).

ofc
08-06-2008, 05:12 AM
No update yet?

08-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Why dont on day 400 we all submit a bug report? Like a mass complaint bug report?

Amplified
08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Better off making a petition :p

Tristan8969
08-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Why i can't change the title of this thread ? i already tried, but it only changed the title of the opened trhead and not on the global css forum page.

schafoO
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Why i can't change the title of this thread ? i already tried, but it only changed the title of the opened trhead and not on the global css forum page.

a moderator could... but i dont think he would do it every day...

"day counting: number inside" or something like that and a "please" to a mod would help^^

Cardboard093
08-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Why dont on day 400 we all submit a bug report? Like a mass complaint bug report?

I don't think Valve read the bug reports. If they do, it's probably just to get themselves a good laugh...

schafoO
08-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't think Valve read the bug reports. If they do, it's probably just to get themselves a good laugh...

oh, i think they do! its the only produtiv criticism the community got^^

jjj677
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
VALVE !!!!

make the game rely more on gpu , cuz its ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that it relies ON CPU!!!

RAWRRR!!R!R!R!R!R!R! I GOT 8800GT OC AND IT AINT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ♥♥♥♥!

schafoO
08-06-2008, 03:26 PM
VALVE !!!!

make the game rely more on gpu , cuz its ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ that it relies ON CPU!!!

RAWRRR!!R!R!R!R!R!R! I GOT 8800GT OC AND IT AINT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ♥♥♥♥!

i got an 8800gt and a core 2 duo e6750 and it aint taking advantage of....slightly better than my old 7600gt&amd 64 3200+

as soon as i play a gg_* map with 20+ players it runs as crapy than it did before

edit: please valve... make our lives better and give us this damn update

ILU
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Im pretty sure that they have a good laugh now.
Im pretty sure that they dont care anymore, they have enough money dude

Patcherson
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
css achievements thats all i want

zenzou
08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
My theory is:

Valve = working on HL2:EP3 & TF2 diligently

Turtle Rock Studios = trying to wrap-up L4D and also further enhancing the Source engine so that they could possibly update CS:S graphically/engine-wise after L4D can stand on its own two feet

Both companies are also most likely holding their breath for the next-gen game idea so that they can implement it for their next products like HL3 and CS2.

In the meantime, the bugs with CS:S are just that, bugs. They bug and irritate, but they don't make game play unplayable. The planting bug is pretty messed-up, but you should expect it after the first time it happens to you instead of standing there watching the T slither across the floor. Aim at his chest or feet if you have to or just take cover until his player model is back to normal.

Hoag21
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

techniqu
08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
My theory is:

Turtle Rock Studios = trying to wrap-up L4D and also further enhancing the Source engine so that they could possibly update CS:S graphically/engine-wise after L4D can stand on its own two feet

Both companies are also most likely holding their breath for the next-gen game idea so that they can implement it for their next products like HL3 and CS2.

In the meantime, the bugs with CS:S are just that, bugs. They bug and irritate, but they don't make game play unplayable. The planting bug is pretty messed-up, but you should expect it after the first time it happens to you instead of standing there watching the T slither across the floor. Aim at his chest or feet if you have to or just take cover until his player model is back to normal.

to be honest i could live with the bugs, it's the ridiculously poor performance scaling that is annoying. running a Q9650 @ 3.8ghz and a HD4870 and it just barely maintains 100 on inferno with no configs in 5v5 games. not to mention the poor performance of valve's server program, which really drops ticks when theres a lot of people sending data to each other. the tickrate dropping is accentuated by valve's new netcode as well, which seems to drop client frames (without mentioning it on netgraph) when the tickrate drops, making the game feel really choppy when you start to see enemies on your screen and attempt to shoot them.

ŁΣěИ
08-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I think most important of this update should be:

- multi-core support
- netcode fix
- better graphics

then some fixes so it makes game less annoying in some situations

- some bug fixes (pure,planting model bug etc.)

and finally something what should give more fun for public players

- achivements

grapichs are not that important to me, multi core support will be nice for my fps boost, netcode fix...can't wait for it, bug fixes will be nice, and achievements...hmm ok, but please make them really hard !!

I don't want something like...make a flashbang kill

Should be like..kill 10 people (all headshots) in 1 round, make multi kill while falling :D
okok enough, I'm competetive player, but public could be even fun like this :)

cheers

Chops
08-09-2008, 05:48 PM
My theory is:

I can't really say what should be fixed and improved or what features you'd love to see, I think that's been said enought but... thinking about the above quote, It would really be ideal for us and potential customers to be in the loop as to what's going on with the company in terms of projects, ideas, where they're heading etc.

Is there such as a site?, I mean these ARE Valve's company forums, Aren't they?

Tristan8969
08-10-2008, 04:02 AM
the post has been updated :)

Mark316
08-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Should be like..kill 10 people (all headshots) in 1 round

I can do that one easily, I don't find that hard.
What I would find hard is a triple AWP HS while flashed lol.

ŁΣěИ
08-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I can do that one easily, I don't find that hard.
What I would find hard is a triple AWP HS while flashed lol.

Yea I don't find it that hard too, but I think it will be like...get 500 ak47 kills, make multi kill, kill with flashbang etc.
thats just matter of time and no challenge.

I would like this one too..knife 6 people in row
or... make multi kill with smoke grenade :D

Amplified
08-10-2008, 07:29 AM
the post has been updated :)

oi! That was my qoute :D;) Anyways, paying great attention is exactly not what Valve is doing with the CS:S community since the many many people here on the forums are asking for some kind of update how the future of CS:S looks like and they aren't even responding with a post.

Mark316
08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm willing to bet money these huge threads about the possible update and lack of communication are getting back to VALVe. BurntonJ is a regular here on the Steam forums so I'm sure he has read or at least glimpsed at these threads. Maybe they will surprise us when L4D is released or a few weeks after.

beegoody
08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
It's true there are bugs which are obvious and have been there for a while. But I don't think we can hope for things like a netcode rewrite, this means rewriting half of the game.

ILU
08-10-2008, 01:46 PM
multi-core support is the most important thing!
It must be now supported!

techniqu
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
i won't mind the bugs valve if you give us the source 07 netcode and multicore support!!!!!

i HATE the interpolation in current source!!!!

Patcherson
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Please an achievement update!

DarK_cS
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I think most important of this update should be:

- multi-core support
- netcode fix
- better graphics

Multi-core support? This is in EP2/TF2/DOD:S. It's disabled by default, because it causes crashes for 99% of machines. Valve still haven't gotten it right.

Netcode? They updated this in EP2/TF2/DOD:S as well, and it made it far worse, unpredictable and inaccurate.

Better graphics? They did this in DOD:S, and now using the SAME settings (medium, no HDR @ 1680x1050) I get 40-90fps instead of the 200 I used to get. That's half my FPS gone, because they added pretty shadows and smoke, and my PC isn't old either (Q6600, 8800).

techniqu
08-11-2008, 02:23 AM
i believe the DOD:S is still in beta. they probably tried to just overhaul the DOD:S's original code onto the new engine without any optimization, and ended up screwing the performance badly.

I can't see how such a small improvement in quality can cause such a huge fps drop.

Hawky
08-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Love the Gabe quote, just adds to it :D

AciD
08-11-2008, 02:44 AM
I would be just happy with Source2k7 port and achievements.

Zervini
08-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Omfg is that true? :O

Patcherson
08-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I would be just happy with Source2k7 port and achievements.

yes it is a very simple update so simple i could do it myself but sadly i dont work at valve ='/

Zefar
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Omfg is that true? :O

It is actually.

Once DWP was out and it got some fixes, Valve kinda instantly started to work on other things at like full time. For example the Orange Box.

Turtle Rock Studios who was in charge of the patching to CSS got busy with L4D.

When the Orange Box was done TF2 got so many updates within some months it's a wonder it actually ran fine. :D

Now Valve are most likely working on things to TF2, Episode 3 and maybe some other projects.

The just put the other games before the other ones due to that CSS is actually doing pretty good.

Mark316
08-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Everyone needs to instantly stop playing CSS to get it updated :D

unholy paradox
08-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Everyone needs to instantly stop playing CSS to get it updated :D

Dosen't matter, people still paid for it.

Zefar
08-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Dosen't matter, people still paid for it.

Actually it does.

If everyone stopped playing CSS, they would notice it's not popular anymore and thus won't really get more players. So then they are forced to update the game quickly if they want the numbers back.

Amplified
08-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Have fun: http://www.petitiononline.com/

:3

┐6$tr1ng|{n9?
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
It will come guys, is the game so unplayable right now?

I got CoD4 and haven't played source since, so yeah...

beegoody
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
i won't mind the bugs valve if you give us the source 07 netcode and multicore support!!!!!

i HATE the interpolation in current source!!!!

Since when the netcode is different with source07 games??

Pottydodger
08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
It seems that half of the community don't want it changed at all and the other half want mega updates.

I am on both sides, I would love to have all of the game modes back, not just hostage rescue and bomb detonation. I want achievements, better graphics, bigger/more interactive maps, new modes of game play, new weapons, better netcode, smarter hosties, the ability to steal the bomb, to have ingame audio channels *select the players to communicate with ( this would mean let data transfer as well ), to be able to superimpose your face/picture/mask on your player so others can see it, to get a rank patch on your shoulder in ranked servers/via achievements, the ability to restrict weapons via kdr ( to balance teams * note making this itself an achievement the lower the damage the weapon you are forced to has, the higher the achievement ).

But I love cs:s just how it is as well.

IMO valve needs to create a new counterstrike that brings in new features, graphics, maps, achievements and everything else that has been asked for again and again. And sell it as a new release game, and leave the game that is loved by so many alone.

p.s. I still play 1.3 1.5 and 1.6 as well.

tin
08-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I would love to have all of the game modes back, not just hostage rescue and bomb detonation.

But I love cs:s just how it is as well.

IMO valve needs to create a new counterstrike that brings in new features

They don't need to bring out another new one. That would be lame (and very EA-like).
Nothing people have asked for us beyond a server side option and the Ep2 engine.

Garrett2112
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't be in a real hurry to get the engine ported over to CSS myself. DODS had some pretty goofy Netcode moments before & now it's even worse (IMO) since they ported over to the newer engine.

It's really tough to go play it now - well unless you like to say "what the...?" a lot. :rolleyes:

solrac500
08-14-2008, 02:17 AM
Love the Gabe quote, just adds to it :D

lol yeah it does gave me a good laugh when i saw it

weedo
08-14-2008, 05:48 AM
I remember being promised CSS updates last year, also something about a new game mode?

What have we got, nothing. No bug fixes, no new engine, nothing.

If you can't make up your mind about if you want to update this game or not, make a poll and we will do it for you...

solrac500
08-14-2008, 10:21 AM
who knows maybe it could be because the cs community is soo picky about change if you change the color to a gun to a lighter shade people will flip out and get mad..

i've noticed the community hates change aloot it could be the smallest thing and someone will get pissed

so maybe they are contemplating what they can do without upsetting people too much

but i do hope they update...it's sad that i can run CoD4 better on full specs than i can css on mid to high specs...

Forz
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah yeah its me again requesting muilt threading, better cpu instruction sets and smp for the 50000000000 time. But this time i have something new NVIDIA PhysX. Get it together guys and get atleast one of these into the engine before the end of the year.

P.S.
PLS-0-PLS dont add more useless gameplay changes and add something that matters PLS-0-PLS...

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/physx.html

Cardboard093
08-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah yeah its me again requesting muilt threading, better cpu instruction sets and smp for the 50000000000 time. But this time i have something new NVIDIA PhysX. Get it together guys and get atleast one of these into the engine before the end of the year.

PhysX? I believe that is impossible, they would have to recode the whole Source engine to do that. Havok is so heavily coded into the core, that if they were to change it, they would have to reprogram the whole engine, and that would take probably 2-3 years.

Conclusion is: *PhysX? No thank you.
*2007 Source engine + achievements + more game modes + more guns + more maps + statistics? YES THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D

UltimaDude
08-15-2008, 03:38 AM
I would just wish we would get told if it's going to be updated this year or next year.

ReBoot
08-15-2008, 03:49 AM
I'd go with next year, L4D is most likely the top priority, followed by TF2.

Grimbal
08-16-2008, 09:26 AM
who knows maybe it could be because the cs community is soo picky about change if you change the color to a gun to a lighter shade people will flip out and get mad..

i've noticed the community hates change aloot it could be the smallest thing and someone will get pissed

so maybe they are contemplating what they can do without upsetting people too much

Since when does a colour of a gun have anything to do with it?

Where all on about being given the game that we were promised before moving over to source.

To be honest man i think the community needs change, never heard anyone moan about cs 1.6 maybe the shield but thats about it, if people didnt want change they wouldnt be coming here asking for it dude.., if the game was like 1.6 without the shield then we would all be happy...

Correct me if im wrong dude but its the truth 1.6 shows that....

Great thread by the way total agree.

ReBoot
08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Since when does a colour of a gun have anything to do with it?I guess, he made an example. A humorous example. To show that many players get mad because of the slightest change because their "skill" is in fact just too much spare time instead of real game intellegence (with brains, you don't have much problems adjusting to new stuff).

Hoag21
08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
see what i did there?

techniqu
08-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Since when the netcode is different with source07 games??

I'm pretty sure on the valve wiki it said that the netcode was updated in TF2. usually that means better, but who knows?

To be honest man i think the community needs change, never heard anyone moan about cs 1.6 maybe the shield but thats about it, if people didnt want change they wouldnt be coming here asking for it dude.., if the game was like 1.6 without the shield then we would all be happy...

Correct me if im wrong dude but its the truth 1.6 shows that....

man I don't think you were around lol. MASSIVE threads about the hate of switching to CZ models, the new interp settings, the reduction in spray movement(although they keep saying it's the same, its much easier in 1.6 compared to 1.5 for some reason. maybe its the netcode and not the actual spray pattern?), the re-texturing, and also the ill fated SKULL death image that was removed soon after. it was a pretty big mess.

ReBoot
08-20-2008, 02:54 AM
It's highly likely that the change applies to all Source '07 games. Previous changes were also announced for TF2 only, but DoD:S got them too.

SVD
08-20-2008, 05:05 AM
please explain me, i know that tf2 has multi-core support, its not working properly on 99% of machines, but anyway. and DOD has multicore support, right? css is using another engine? why there is no multi-core support in css? i thought that there is ONE source engine for all games. every game has it single engine? thanks.

ReBoot
08-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Source or GoldSrc? Also, do you have a source for DoD:S having really working (and maybe even enabled by default) multicore support? Also, CSS doesn't have the same engine as TF2 and DoD:S, TF2 and DoD:S run on the Source '07 engine, while CSS runs on the Source engine (the older version).

ofc
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
bump........

techniqu
08-20-2008, 04:40 PM
please explain me, i know that tf2 has multi-core support, its not working properly on 99% of machines, but anyway. and DOD has multicore support, right? css is using another engine? why there is no multi-core support in css? i thought that there is ONE source engine for all games. every game has it single engine? thanks.

they update the engine with each new game, so it's kind of like having a new engine for every game, unless they are released at the same time. They still use the foundation of the initial source engine for every game, though, and they kind of just add things like new shaders etc to it.

ReBoot
08-21-2008, 01:58 AM
they update the engine with each new game, so it's kind of like having a new engine for every gameThis is not true. Currently, TF2, EP2, Portal and DoD:S share one engine. And CSS, HL▓, EP1, HL│DM, LC, HL:S, HL:S:DM share an engine too. There is no engine for every game.

Pottydodger
08-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Why no news ^bump

ILU
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah still waiting!

Gabe im gonna get ya if i come to ya lol!!

chinkecheese
08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
WHY ARE WE STILL COMPLAINING?
this game is FANTASTIC as it is, there ARE a few glitches but most of which can simply be overlooked when in the game.

BUT be happy that they are even thinking about updating a 4 year old game.

this is almost unheard of. Seriously.

Now although they promised many new things in the future, BUT HOW THE ♥♥♥♥ do you satisfy the counterstrike community.

HOW?!

Every time they update some ♥♥♥♥, everyone seems to complain about how bad steam is.

Please, if the game is that bad to you, just stop playing it.. They aren't going to improve a game just for poops and giggles, they're going to improve the game for people who would actually appreciate the update.

And if you can't play source on your crappy computer anymore like you could back in 2003. Then buy a new one. They improved the detail in the game if you haven't noticed. More primarily the HDR shadows on things like guns/player models etc. These things can't be turned off.

It's your videocard because obviously shadows are rendered by the card you have in your computer.

upgrade that. and stop bumping this thread, i honestly don't think our complaints are going to help speed up the process.

let.it.die.

techniqu
08-23-2008, 12:09 AM
this game is FANTASTIC as it is, there ARE a few glitches but most of which can simply be overlooked when in the game.

Now although they promised many new things in the future, BUT HOW THE ♥♥♥♥ do you satisfy the counterstrike community.

HOW?!

Every time they update some ♥♥♥♥, everyone seems to complain about how bad steam is.

Please, if the game is that bad to you, just stop playing it.. They aren't going to improve a game just for poops and giggles, they're going to improve the game for people who would actually appreciate the update.

And if you can't play source on your crappy computer anymore like you could back in 2003. Then buy a new one. They improved the detail in the game if you haven't noticed. More primarily the HDR shadows on things like guns/player models etc. These things can't be turned off.

It's your videocard because obviously shadows are rendered by the card you have in your computer.

upgrade that. and stop bumping this thread, i honestly don't think our complaints are going to help speed up the process.

let.it.die.

if you actually read the first page you'd see there are 60 bugs posted (not known, POSTED, aka there are probably a lot more) in another thread from two years ago that have never been touched much less fixed.

There is an option to turn off HDR; have you not noticed this? People complaining about performance issues have OBVIOUSLY turned it off and are still experiencing subpar performance. theres also no proof that the shadow quality has been "increased". considering the body shadows are static and the only dynamic shadows are the ones cast on the ground, how exactly did they "update" shadows? they already matched your resolution, so that ain't it. I guess they're blacker now?

secondly, how to appease CS players? I'll agree that most of the community absolutely hates all change, but this time it is simple. AT LEAST Fix the large bugs such as built-in wallhack, interpolation bug, and "predraw" bug (aka you see a person nading that shoots you with his nade, or the "crab walk" caused from crouch planting and running away before you're finished planting) and add the multicore support they announced they would add back during the orange box release.

if people complain about "new" additions, why not just fix the bugs to appease the fans/possibly sell more units with very little work (compared to a full fledge game) and go off to do whatever else you want in a different game?

schafoO
08-23-2008, 05:44 AM

HOW?!

let.it.die.

e6750/8800gt -> drops down to 30fps when more then 20 people are in the frame.... "buy a new one"... again? ok... the new intel 7(?) would turn off the unused cores and overclock the used one... but this processor isn't released yet... so?

everything I want from valve is that css got the improvements of the new engine + a better multicore support

(it simply couldn't ne that COD4 runs 4times better than the old css...)

Mark316
08-23-2008, 08:25 AM

You need to go do some research... first it was 2004.
And if you bothered to research, you'd know that a 7600GT can run CSS at 100FPS on high settings and that Source is like 80% dependant on the CPU.
And when these updates kept coming out a few years back.. that did nothing to the visual effects except add HDR (which 95% of people probably have off).. everyone still suffered a pretty big performance loss.

XFate
08-23-2008, 09:24 AM
:D
Look at TF2, so much updates. Guess what next one is L4D. So i don't think CSS is gonna get cake any soon.

chinkecheese
08-23-2008, 10:52 AM
if you actually read the first page you'd see there are 60 bugs posted (not known, POSTED, aka there are probably a lot more) in another thread from two years ago that have never been touched much less fixed.

There is an option to turn off HDR; have you not noticed this? People complaining about performance issues have OBVIOUSLY turned it off and are still experiencing subpar performance. theres also no proof that the shadow quality has been "increased". considering the body shadows are static and the only dynamic shadows are the ones cast on the ground, how exactly did they "update" shadows? they already matched your resolution, so that ain't it. I guess they're blacker now?

secondly, how to appease CS players? I'll agree that most of the community absolutely hates all change, but this time it is simple. AT LEAST Fix the large bugs such as built-in wallhack, interpolation bug, and "predraw" bug (aka you see a person nading that shoots you with his nade, or the "crab walk" caused from crouch planting and running away before you're finished planting) and add the multicore support they announced they would add back during the orange box release.

if people complain about "new" additions, why not just fix the bugs to appease the fans/possibly sell more units with very little work (compared to a full fledge game) and go off to do whatever else you want in a different game?

1) I don't know how long you've been playing source, but you can easily see the shadow quality increase in primarily the guns. REGARDLESS of whether HDR is on or off. Try installing CSS without the patches and check it out, you will notice the quality difference instantly. (you can also notice that the hdr is still THE SAME QUALITY regardless of whether HDR is turned on or off)

2)None of those bugs you mentioned are an absolute necessity. I mean in all honesty those 3 bugs are at the very most on the bottom of the priority list. As of lately I've seen people begin to make insane shots through extinguishers, but maybe thats just me.

Now I will agree that it has been awhile since an update for source, the 2 source people who still work on the game (i think theres 2 only. idk for sure.) are probably pushing for the new source engine to increase the games potential ability and its lifespan. There's no feasible reason why they would update a game, that would change engines in just a few months (speculation.)

3) they don't need to sell more games. I'm pretty sure CSS is the biggest seller at the moment. I could be wrong.

but like i said, they're updating a game thats 4+ years old for free. I'm just saying people need to be more grateful and less demanding.

You need to go do some research... first it was 2004.
And if you bothered to research, you'd know that a 7600GT can run CSS at 100FPS on high settings and that Source is like 80% dependant on the CPU.
And when these updates kept coming out a few years back.. that did nothing to the visual effects except add HDR (which 95% of people probably have off).. everyone still suffered a pretty big performance loss.

1)You are correct, the game was released in 2004, that was a typo on my part.
Also, I'd like to see your source on the 7600gt maxing source with 100 fps. Quite frankly, thats bull♥♥♥♥. And even if that were true that's gotta be at like a 15" resolution.

2) I already mentioned that source is CPU dependant... And you can't say it's 80% dependant.. you don't know that.

3) Again with the percentages, hahaha. first of all, your cpu DOES NOT RENDER SHADOWS. Your video card does.

in the wise words of mark316 "You need to go do some research".

:D
Look at TF2, so much updates. Guess what next one is L4D. So i don't think CSS is gonna get cake any soon.

TF2 needed a giant boost in sales. I mean its a REALLY sweet game... there just isn't a big enough fanbase for it.. I think that's why they decided to change the gameplay style a bit, so that it becomes more fun for the general gaming audience, thus increase the gaming population.

I can't wait for L4D though :X

and CSS will be updated eventually, I actually don't want the update... I'm worried on how it will effect Mani mod, Source mod, and competitive gaming..

I think the developers are worried about that to, as Competitive gaming is a majority of counterstrikes lifespan.

ŁΣěИ
08-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Agreed with chinkecheese.
And yea, im worried how it will effect competitive gaming too. As I am competitive player, anyway I would like some bug fixes, enchanced graphichs and multi-core support. Nothing else.

yea I was talking about achievements in other threads, but don't know what was that lol. I changed my mind and im sure I dont want it.

FriedRice27
08-23-2008, 01:25 PM
1)

they're updating a game thats 4+ years old for free.

Why does everyone always say that, another company updates there games that are older then css (BLIZZARD), and plus CSS wasn't even finished when they released it, it was an incomplete game and still is kinda incomplete.

ILU
08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Well i think most of the users here wants the multicore support cuz nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥ about those little bugs.

chinkecheese
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Why does everyone always say that, another company updates there games that are older then css (BLIZZARD), and plus CSS wasn't even finished when they released it, it was an incomplete game and still is kinda incomplete.

good point, but blizzard is different. They are a company as big (i cant confirm this.) BUT they have fewer assets. Valve has to worry about an INCREDIBLY huge amount of things, most of which are completely broken. (Jagged alliance 2 anyone?)
Now it isn't valves fault at all, i suspect it was the initial boom of Steam that might have caused this. In other words, at the beginning Valve might have bit off more than they can chew.

Basically they spread their resources a bit too thin, and now they have to decide on what to dedicate their time and money on.

And in all honesty, while i am cheering for a css update that will improve the game (hopefully.) As a company valve has to make the right decision, and FINISHING L4D, and gaining a bigger population for DoD and TF2 seem to be the priorities.

CSS is good enough basically, but they have the decency to make it better.

And I don't think the game was incomplete, if the game was incomplete we'd have singleplayer. and thats it.
In a way of speaking, no game can ever be complete, because attaining perfection for the whole audience is to me, impossible.

Well i think most of the users here wants the multicore support cuz nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥ about those little bugs.

Well that's why we are really hoping for that new engine update. It might pave the way for new and better things.
Multicore support would be awesome too. But I understand it's probably difficult, especially with the resources.

the best thing to do is just to wait.

haha, anymore questions?

schafoO
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM

welcome back chinkecheese^^

AEH cl_lagcompansation + cl_interpolate bug is a really really significant one... it makes the game unfair and annoy/confuse people.... imo its THE bug that make the game look "uncomplete" in my eyes...

why should you have to look at the serversettings if you want to know where you should shoot?

edit: im from germany so: what means chinke? it sounds like "stinkekńse" what means "smelly chees"

techniqu
08-23-2008, 06:54 PM
cut for space
1)theres no proof that shadows look "better". i played in the beta and it looks identical (except that now I can run the game at any resolution I want thanks to a better video card). there is proof against it though.
http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/Source/explosion.JPG<---then
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/bobsaggetty/de_dust20002.jpg<---now

2) a fix for built-in wallhack is not necessary? am i reading this right?

3) yeah it's true they don't need more sales, but this game was released pretty much as a beta. everything as added overtime and buyers pretty much had to assume valve would live up to it's word. they did with the maps and models, but now we're waiting for them to live up to their switch to the source 2007 engine.

SVD
08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
chinkecheese

from my site, I know that in aug 07 I had more than 150 fps in a hard battle 10x10, now i have drops to 50. its a year. i cant play. i have around 100 fps just walking around and not shooting. when mess - im dead. probably valve releases small updates to the engine that cut off perfomance. why? i dont know. maybe just because doing that will forward people buy a new pc's. i know only that in aug 07 the game was same ♥♥♥♥ as now, i did not changed anything in settings etc. everything still the same - but i lost 100 fps in battle. ridiculous. sometimes i think that css is a leech which lives its own life. sega 16 bit is great. ;) insert a cartridge and always get mortal kombat as it was/is.

ReBoot
08-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Are you serious saying that you can't play with 50 FPS?

chinkecheese
08-24-2008, 08:19 AM
welcome back chinkecheese^^

AEH cl_lagcompansation + cl_interpolate bug is a really really significant one... it makes the game unfair and annoy/confuse people.... imo its THE bug that make the game look "uncomplete" in my eyes...

why should you have to look at the serversettings if you want to know where you should shoot?

edit: im from germany so: what means chinke? it sounds like "stinkekńse" what means "smelly chees"

Ok yes, you have a point. The Lag compensation CAN be changed. And I assuming it can effect gameplay. So yes, that is a legitimate bug that needs to be fixed.

1)Keep in mind on how the source engine reduces lag.

http://www.counter-strike-dl.com/css-reg-problems.html

Here is a source you can read if you really want to.

but anyways, at that moment of the release it was hard to come by a "perfect" solution to the multiplayer lag, so they decided (once again, im assuming) to go with this easier method. In my opinion I can shoot just fine with our without any fix. But Apparently some people are having troubles, so maybe that needs to be looked at.

2)chuck e cheese is a family place.. for fun. i think.

2a) I'm asian.

Do the math. haha.

1)theres no proof that shadows look "better". i played in the beta and it looks identical (except that now I can run the game at any resolution I want thanks to a better video card). there is proof against it though.
http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/Source/explosion.JPG<---then
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/bobsaggetty/de_dust20002.jpg<---now

2) a fix for built-in wallhack is not necessary? am i reading this right?

3) yeah it's true they don't need more sales, but this game was released pretty much as a beta. everything as added overtime and buyers pretty much had to assume valve would live up to it's word. they did with the maps and models, but now we're waiting for them to live up to their switch to the source 2007 engine.

1)The beta was so many years ago, how the hell can you remember? hahaha.

IDK, I've already tried this:

Uninstall, install with cds and play the game before it updates
YOU WILL notice a difference, it's really easy to spot.

2)Maybe I'm naive but I honestly.. dont know what youre talking about. If you're talking about the SV_pure thing, i would hardly call that a wallhack lmao. It crashes you everytime you shoot the ground, and since hacks are normally supposed to help the user, this however does not.

But sv_pure will need to be fixed of course, like i mentioned the bugs already noted in the "Bugs List" are bugs that need to be fixed. No doubt.

but if youre talking about something else, please explain. I haven't heard much about that before.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying it is a beta.. its a fully functional game. They just added things to it.. EVERY game has bugs, and just because it receives patches doesn't mean it was a beta game... Doesn't make any sense.

I used to play with 20-30 fps back in the day with an Emachine installed with ME (double os'ed with Windows vista. I know. Bad.)

God that was hard. I think getting 20-30 fps though was pushing it, even with casey's config.

However, CSS is playable to me at least, with 50fps. But it can be a bit difficult, because if your comp can only push 50fps, then it probably won't stay at 50 if there is a big firefight.

SVD
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM

fps = cl_cmdrate

i'm playin on 100 tic servers. yes i cant play.

ŁΣěИ
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
50 fps is more than enough to play a game. 30 is crappy, 40 already ok, 50 enough, 100 very smooth.

techniqu
08-24-2008, 03:51 PM
i'm not talking about sv_pure. that isn't even a wallhack that's just the floor missing it's texture randomly. there is a command that lets you see through the wall on the side of your screen, and it's pretty simple to use. of course i'm not going to just TELL everyone how to do it, but i believe it was already posted somewhere in the forums.

also what do you mean it was too long to remember, i just POSTED a screenshot of the beta compared to MY game as of 2008. oh man i must have some amazing memory to remember how the game looked after looking at a screenshot.

you make it pretty obvious you didn't play in the initial release. back then, valve released the beta to lan cafe's exclusively. when they finally released it to the public as a "real" game, it still had a lot of the problems from the beta (that they said to cafe's they would fix) and had only 3 maps. there was an announcement back then claiming lots of map updates and bug fixes for reported bugs, so it was safe for buyers to assume they were buying an incomplete game AND the updates, not just the 3 map 1 model CS beta.