PDA

View Full Version : Weekend deal

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

bippukt
08-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Just bought the half life 1 anthology pack. Dunno if I'll pick up HL: Source though..

I snapped up the Half Life Anthology too...the high res pack will definitely help :)

epsylon_Z1
08-15-2009, 01:33 AM
If you have Half - Life 2 , you should try Dreamball.

http://dreamball.synthasite.com/

DoubleD
08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I snapped up the Half Life Anthology too...the high res pack will definitely help :)

I agree .

Sir9
08-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Just picked up HL: Source. Now my collection is complete :cool:

DoubleD
08-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Just picked up HL: Source. Now my collection is complete :cool:

Congrats!! :)

bippukt
08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I agree .

This game brings nostalgic memories - Prince, Prince 2, Aladdin, Doom and of course, half life. And not having to work ;)

*VeLeRoN*
08-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Eram gifted me Half-Life Platinum Pack a few months ago :D

cocodor
08-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Collection complete with the buy of Blue Shift today ^^. Just wanting Episode 3 now ;)

bippukt
08-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Collection complete with the buy of Blue Shift today ^^. Just wanting Episode 3 now ;)

I bought Half Life Source as well...better to complete my collection and look at the cool graphics :)

Europhoria
08-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I bought Half Life Source as well...better to complete my collection and look at the cool graphics :)

To be honest, the HD pack for the original HL looked much better. Unfortunately the pack isn't without bugs but it's still worth it. I and many others are eagerly awaiting Black Mesa.

DoubleD
08-15-2009, 10:38 AM
And not having to work ;)

Oh yea the good old days. No responsibilities.

grim_r_77
08-15-2009, 10:43 AM
im thinking about buying the valve complete pack... but i already own 5 games that come with it. when i buy it does it just act like i own two versions of the game or does it make me gift them, the best thing would probably be a discount... otherwise i wouldnt now who i could give the games to.

Toto pectore
08-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Discounts - definitely not
Gifts - probably not (maybe for HL2 and Ep1)

bippukt
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
To be honest, the HD pack for the original HL looked much better. Unfortunately the pack isn't without bugs but it's still worth it. I and many others are eagerly awaiting Black Mesa.

It was very tempting at only $3.39. As I already have all other HL games, it was only a further 700 MB of download. I threw caution to the winds and now hope that the improved physics and Source mods will make sure that my money is spent well :)

Oh yea the good old days. No responsibilities.

Yeah, that especially. Work isn't all that bad, but the lack of responsibilities is something that will never come back. Never :(

Skaery
08-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Discounts - definitely not
Gifts - probably not (maybe for HL2 and Ep1)
I only think you'll get the extra games through the Orange Box.

Akudama89
08-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I only think you'll get the extra games through the Orange Box.

no, through every pack that has HL2 and Ep1 if you already have them, but only those games

And before this turns into another selfish and greedy thread about how it's "unfair" that you can't gift extra copies of other games, the only question you have to ask yourself is this:

Is the pack cheaper then buying all the games you do not own, individually, or not? if it is, then it's still a deal for you no matter what, if not, buy them individually

AirTran23
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Well I just got the Half Life 1 Anthology Pack now my Half Life collection is complete, I still have about $30 bucks anyone know any good games for around $29.99 or less? I have the Orange Box and L4D.

KubanitoS
08-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Well I just got the Half Life 1 Anthology Pack now my Half Life collection is complete, I still have about $30 bucks anyone know any good games for around $29.99 or less? I have the Orange Box and L4D.

Audiosurf / Plants vs Zombies / Killing Floor

MariuszDW
08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
If I buy Half-Life Complete and already own OrangeBox, do I get any gifts?

grim_r_77
08-15-2009, 02:18 PM
no, through every pack that has HL2 and Ep1 if you already have them, but only those games

And before this turns into another selfish and greedy thread about how it's "unfair" that you can't gift extra copies of other games, the only question you have to ask yourself is this:

Is the pack cheaper then buying all the games you do not own, individually, or not? if it is, then it's still a deal for you no matter what, if not, buy them individually
but this still isnt fair that the dedicated gamers that have paid full price for half the games has to pay the same as someone that just buys that first.i actually have paid 85$ for the games i have and am annoyed i could get that now+alot more games for the same price

bippukt
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes, I think so. Have a look at this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

DoubleD
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
If I buy Half-Life Complete and already own OrangeBox, do I get any gifts?

No not with this pack.

Europhoria
08-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Still in two minds about Ceville, I couldn't get past the first part :(. He kept saying no at all the options and those two guards kept laughing at me.

epsylon_Z1
08-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Still in two minds about Ceville, I couldn't get past the first part :(. He kept saying no at all the options and those two guards kept laughing at me.A little help.
Ceville has his multi-function scepter. Look around and check Brunhilda's portrait, window, large statue and rope behind the throne.

F3nya
08-16-2009, 02:58 AM

Actually no. Only with Orange Box and Valve Complete Packs, nothing else.

Shadowwarrior
08-16-2009, 03:28 AM
I just bought the missing games in my collection. :)

Ricochet
Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life
Deathmatch Classic

Jimiester
08-16-2009, 06:04 AM
I would love the next weekend deal to be Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, 50% off would be awesome.

Who's with me? :)

DoubleD
08-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Actually no. Only with Orange Box and Valve Complete Packs, nothing else.

Correct .

tonka
08-16-2009, 06:55 AM
I would love the next weekend deal to be Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, 50% off would be awesome.

+1

That game or FEAR 2: Project Origins the next week, please.:)

DoubleD
08-16-2009, 07:38 AM
If you have Half - Life 2 , you should try Dreamball.

http://dreamball.synthasite.com/

Thanks! !

Mr. Bean
08-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Yes, I would like that very much, and it would be even greater if they could make it so that the first Call of Juarez game together with the new one in a pack. I finished the demo and it was fun!;)

AirTran23
08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I think the Mid-week deal should be Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the weekend deal should be killing floor, prototype or bioshock. :D

freibooter
08-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, I would like that very much, and it would be even greater if they could make it so that the first Call of Juarez game together with the new one in a pack. I finished the demo and it was fun!;)

Oh, yes, that would be great! I always wanted to pay twice for the first Call of Juarez game without getting anything in return ... :rolleyes:

{Yotsuba}
08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the Mid-week deal should be Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the weekend deal should be killing floor, prototype or bioshock.

I expect it'll be a while before Prototype is on sale again, considering the 20% off sale just ended.

veli64
08-16-2009, 05:19 PM
I am waiting for the release of Lucas Arts pack, midweek deal for killing floor, CoD:MW, audiosurf, Unreal Deal Pack.

F3nya
08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
We really need a CoD4 sale. Pre/mid/after week, I don't care, just give us the damn game 50% off or more Steam!

cybertario
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
mmmmmm.... can i ask for a RF Guerrilla sale?... i known is not even out yet but.... ... ... no? ok.... never mind...:D:p:D

DoubleD
08-16-2009, 07:56 PM
I am waiting for the release of Lucas Arts pack, midweek deal for killing floor, CoD:MW, audiosurf, Unreal Deal Pack.

I picked up Audiosurf when it was on sale for $2.49. It is a great game even at $9.95.

Unfettered One
08-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I've been studying the weekend deals/sales, and I have come to a tentative conclusion, as follows:

EA, Activision's non-mod games(IE, not COD5), 2K's non-sports non-Bioshock titles, and ID Software's titles will never be a weekend deal; or if they are, it will be LONG after they are outdated.

In addition, Quake Wars will never go on sale. I feel this is due to some strange licensing issue, because there was an ID software sale a while back, and they specifically excluded Quake Wars.

I think that certain developers want to be ON Steam, but don't really want to be PART OF Steam. IE, they want us to buy their games, but they really don't care about us.

DoubleD
08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Did they not have ID Software titles on sales in the past?

RELLIKvv12
08-16-2009, 11:32 PM
i just got Opposing Force :D

retrolock
08-16-2009, 11:37 PM
I think the Mid-week deal should be Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the weekend deal should be killing floor, prototype or bioshock. :D

This. I have the retail version of the game (bought cheaply) I wouldn't mind having COD4 again on steam.

I like seeing how many hours I've played and my steam rating LOL

Watcher
08-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Heh, I like how ppl still stay positive and request games, even tho i cant remember last time valve actually listened to those requests.

retrolock
08-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Better that than be an emo-nerd negative nancy, right?

Europhoria
08-17-2009, 02:35 AM
A little help.
I clicked all those those options and the stupid guards laughed at me :mad:. I still bought the game though since it did seem quite fun. Plus, I really laughed at the Asterix/Obelix reference in the game i.e. the fat guy "falling into a cauldron of magic potion" part.

Did they not have ID Software titles on sales in the past?

Twice, 50% off mid-way through last year and 50% off during Christmas.

klownkill
08-17-2009, 03:20 AM
mmmmmm.... can i ask for a RF Guerrilla sale?... i known is not even out yet but.... ... ... no? ok.... never mind...:D:p:DI agree for a weekend deal as $70 is to much.

Numnums
08-17-2009, 05:41 AM
I've been studying the weekend deals/sales, and I have come to a tentative conclusion, as follows:

EA, Activision's non-mod games(IE, not COD5), 2K's non-sports non-Bioshock titles, and ID Software's titles will never be a weekend deal; or if they are, it will be LONG after they are outdated.

In addition, Quake Wars will never go on sale. I feel this is due to some strange licensing issue, because there was an ID software sale a while back, and they specifically excluded Quake Wars.

I think that certain developers want to be ON Steam, but don't really want to be PART OF Steam. IE, they want us to buy their games, but they really don't care about us.

2K's non-sports non-Bioshock titles:

the 2k pack was just on sale like 2 weeks ago, wasn't a weekend deal but it was 20ish games from 2k for 50$ including the new civ 4 expansion. was a hell of a deal.

Quake Wars:

Quake wars had a sale that wasn't a weekend deal as well, was part of a small pack they offered with quake wars at 15$ with some other games(other games not ID) like 2 months ago.

Activision:

activision has had deals on timeshift and there quest line of games very recently.

BTW the developers don't make the weekend deals, the fans requests don't make the weekend deals, sales charts and marketing do.

Games get sales IF

1)sales are low and Valve has a excess of keys to move.

2)A game just got a HUGE update and marketing wants to push it (TF2,DOW2, etc)

3)Game just was added or is in pre sale and needs a running start.

So many people think the decision to make games go on sale is personal, like the developers or valve don't care.

Developers sell there CD keys to Steam, If the game sales are still good then the game doesn't go on sale(this holds true for non Valve games) like CoD4.

once sales start dropping steam try to liquidate the cd keys before buying more at a lower rate then they did when the game was first put on steam.

The sale that shows that Valve cares about its fans is at Xmas.

DoubleD
08-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Twice, 50% off mid-way through last year and 50% off during Christmas.

I thought so.

Thanks.

Boredom
08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
I regret asking a Far Cry 2 deal lately. I've been playing the game in the last hours, and is an horribilis experience. Jesus Christ... Save money, people.

I want bad deals for the next two weeks. Since my credit card is always rejected in Steam, and I always need to ask friends to buy me games, and since they're on holidays for the next two weeks, I can't buy stuff : P

eetcheez
08-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Ugh, Far Cry 2 was indeed a pain to play. Such a disappointment after all the hype.

Anyway, we haven't been getting many good deals lately which is a nice break for my wallet. :p Plus, I need to catch up on the many games I bought but haven't even had the chance to look at yet.

epsylon_Z1
08-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks! !your welcome

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 09:40 AM
That is a fun mod. I remember having something like that which was included with Wondows XP bounus pack or something like that it was called.

*VeLeRoN*
08-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I want bad deals for the next two weeks. Since my credit card is always rejected in Steam, and I always need to ask friends to buy me games, and since they're on holidays for the next two weeks, I can't buy stuff : P
You can always contact steam billing and support to sort this out.

linfosoma
08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, I don't think CoD4 will ever be on sale, the same goes for EA titles so maybe it would be nice to see ET:QW on sale one of these weekends.

Is people still playing that game?

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
It has been on sale.

CannibalBob
08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Well, I don't think CoD4 will ever be on sale, the same goes for EA titles so maybe it would be nice to see ET:QW on sale one of these weekends.

Is people still playing that game?

To my knowledge,

$39.99
Charge
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Purchased for this account
23 May 2008

was cod4's only sale.

FK120
08-18-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.xfire.com/games/etqw/Enemy_Territory_Quake_Wars/

It isn't very much.

Boredom
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
You can always contact steam billing and support to sort this out.

Already did that, few months ago. They were very polite, fast replying to my e-mails, we changed a few messages, and Valve employee said that Steam, in the future, will have new payment methods, but they gave no alternative to my situation. Since I can't use Paypal either, I just have to wait for my friends and ask them every time I want to buy some game.

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 12:53 PM
What is wrong? Are you entering the information correctly?

Boredom
08-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Of course.

Basically, I use a debit card, because I don't enjoy how credit cards work. I rather prefer to buy something and see my money taken immediately. In that way I have a better control of my finances and don't have to deal with problems like on-line card cloning, etc. Now, since I use a debit card, and my account is on the state bank, the vast majority of debit cards on the state bank are Maestro / MasterCard cards.

Since I don't own a credit card - a Visa, for example - I use a system made by all the banks in my country. Basically, this system allows any citizen with a debit card, to buy on-line stuff. The system generates a temporary Visa code, for one month, with the value we decide. Now, this is where the problems start. This system is supposed to generate Visa codes, and Visa codes always start by the number 4. Since my card is a Maestro, which belongs to MasterCard, the code generated by the service starts by the number 5, which is the typical starting number for MasterCard cards. Since the system generates Visa, I always have to insert the generated code as a Visa, in on-line stores. Otherwise, even though my card is a Maestro, and the code starts by the number 5, if the put the generated code as Maestro / MasterCard, the operation is accepted, but the money is never transferred and, eventually, after a month, the operation is automatically canceled either by the service or on-line store. Now, since the code starts by the number 5, if the on-line store has a system the automatically identifies the codes and reject because it says: «the card type you've chosen does not match with the number inserted», or something similar, of course it will reject the insertion of a MasterCard code as a Visa. And this is the reason why I can't buy stuff in Steam, Amazon, and other on-line stores. I already reported the situation to the national regulators but since the vast majority of the people don't have this problem, they just: «try again».

From my experience in on-line stores, I can only have 100% of success with stores that have the service Thawte Payment System, because Thawte recognizes that the card is not Visa, but accepts it. Basically, if a store don't request us to specify a particular type of card and accepts any, the transfer goes ok. But if the store request us to identify, in the particular, the type of card / code, almost of the time it gives problems. Thawte Payment System is the exception. Everything goes great. Since Steam uses Verisign payment system, and Thawte belongs to Verisign, I asked to Valve / Steam to try study their Thawte Payment System, to see what can be done, to improve.

They were very friendly, polite, as I said earlier, but offered no solution. Since I will not get a credit card because I have no desire to do it; I will not change my bank account; I have no solution but to wait for new payment methods; Steam cards to buy games through the years; or continue to exploit my friends wallets and their friendship : P

FourTwenny
08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Boredom, Visa makes gift cards. In Canada we can't get PSN pre-paid cards so i have a friend who purchases Visa gift cards for himself and uses them to buy his playstation network games.

Mastercard also has a pre-paid card you can get in Canada. It is a $10 fee one time and then you just transfer money onto it when you want to use it.

Your country is probably different but i am thinking there is a solution for you. Look into the Visa gift cards as they seem to be the cheapest, here anyways.

DKill3r
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
You could also try a WireCard, it is a free, pre-paid and virtual MasterCard. I registered some time ago to be able to buy from Amazon.co.uk and so on, I'm very satisfied with it. :)

Sine-`-.
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Stuff.

Despite all this, what's the reason you can't use Paypal? You can tie it to a bank account, so unless there's a seperate problem - why not do that?

If you're paranoid, remove the information after the purchase or place x-amount into your Paypal account to tide you over.

DKill3r
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
You can protect your PayPal accpunt with an additional, free procedure where you get a 6 digit code via SMS for every login. So you have to login with your username, your password and an extra code which is sent to your mobile phone. I just found it out two days ago and I'm now using this method.:)

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Reason I use a credit card is because my purchases are protected from false charges.

{Yotsuba}
08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
You can protect your PayPal accpunt with an additional, free procedure where you get a 6 digit code via SMS for every login. So you have to login with your username, your password and an extra code which is sent to your mobile phone. I just found it out two days ago and I'm now using this method.

Just for the record, not all regional branches of PayPal offer that service.

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I just played the Crayon Physics demo. I am hoping this game has a sale soon.

jello
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
I just played the Crayon Physics demo. I am hoping this game has a sale soon.
It had a sale within the two Indie game packs lately.

DoubleD
08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
It had a sale within the two Indie game packs lately.

Was it in the 10 game pack on 2009-08-07?

I bought the 5 game pack that week.

{Yotsuba}
08-18-2009, 09:36 PM
It was in the 10 game pack. I'm also hoping it gets a discount on it's own as it was the only game in that pack that I wanted and didn't already own. But I certainly don't think it's worth the non-sale price.

um0123
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
if you like crayon physics (i havent played it) you probably will like a game called Magic Pen (http://magic.pen.fizzlebot.com/magic-pen.swf) and Magic Pen 2 (http://www.bubblebox.com/play/puzzle/1285.htm)

schnydz
08-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Any word on a weekend sale for Crysis and Crysis: Warhead?

Cedge
08-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Any word on a weekend sale for Crysis and Crysis: Warhead?

There is pretty much never any advance "word" or information on sales before they actually happen, period. Don't bother asking.

Europhoria
08-19-2009, 04:56 AM
The closest thing we get to an advanced warning is DLC being announced, or sometimes, publishers/devs will put their games on sale during their 'birthday'.

DoubleD
08-20-2009, 06:52 AM
if you like crayon physics (i havent played it) you probably will like a game called Magic Pen (http://magic.pen.fizzlebot.com/magic-pen.swf) and Magic Pen 2 (http://www.bubblebox.com/play/puzzle/1285.htm)

Thanks .

There is pretty much never any advance "word" or information on sales before they actually happen, period. Don't bother asking.

That is have the fun. Guessing, Wondering and Waiting for what it may be.

ImBroken3A
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
The suspense is killing me!

KubanitoS
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Any chance on Killing Floor?

DoubleD
08-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Any chance on Killing Floor?

Did they have one already? I may be wrong.
I am still hoping for some more indie games.

AltairITA
08-20-2009, 07:14 AM
X-Blades -75%
world in conflict -75%
far cry 2 -50%
and yet it moves -50%

one of these :)

Ginge
08-20-2009, 07:19 AM
If the Killing Floor update really does come this week like expected, it'll be that + a free weekend for it.

DoubleD
08-20-2009, 08:29 AM
If the Killing Floor update really does come this week like expected, it'll be that + a free weekend for it.

I would not mind a free weekend.

veli64
08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
killing floor WD will be awesome.

TheH2s
08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Just curious because I didn't pick up the HL 2: Episode Pack and now I'm kicking myself for it. Do they drop the prices for Valve games often?

sciss0rz
08-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Nope, it's different every week. As for price reductions, not that often. If you're willing to go retail, the episode pack should be $10.

TheH2s
08-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Nope, it's different every week. As for price reductions, not that often. If you're willing to go retail, the episode pack should be $10.

Yeah didn't figure as much. Thanks for the reply. I don't mind retail but I can't find the Episode pack anywhere. Most stores around me don't even sell PC games.

sp1ndoctor
08-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Well, if you can wait a few months, Steam has a huge sale during Christmas when they put lots and lots of games on sale. It's very likely that all Valve products will be on sale again then.

DoubleD
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh yes the Christmas sale. :) :) :)

I hope.

KubanitoS
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Well the Killing Floor update is out and the game is -10% I don't think that will be the Weekend Deal. :(

AltairITA
08-20-2009, 11:50 AM
i don't think this is the W.D. ;)

update:

"weeklong deal"

Gray Wolf
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
yea the weekend deal this is definitely not

the preorder deal was better, getting the game for $15 instead of $20

paratech2008
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Interesting it's (Killing Floor) not on the specials tab, when games with a $1 discount are listed...

KubanitoS
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh well, just bought it, hope I didn't make a mistake.

tonka
08-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Interesting it's (Killing Floor) not on the specials tab, when games with a $1 discount are listed...

Here, Killing Floor is in the Special tab.

{Yotsuba}
08-20-2009, 12:36 PM

The best I can work out, that tab is still manually updated. So just give it time for someone at Valve to update the tab when they add/remove sales from the store.

Gray Wolf
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
deal is up, early it seems

1701 A.D. Gold Edition 50% off - http://store.steampowered.com/app/7870/

F3nya
08-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, what a boring deal. Imo, of course.

marciohuser
08-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I'll pass this one :p

FK120
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I get to keep my money thanks Valve :D

AltairITA
08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
wtf?

a weekend deal,boring,of course..

that doesn't work on Vista?

roflmao !

i believe(and hope..)that there will be another weekend deal soon :O

TheBlueSpy
08-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I was really hoping Left4Dead would be dropped to $20.00, even though they just cut it to $30.00. I think that cut was a little lame, though. It should be $20.00 by now. Having GOTY in the advertisement should not make it an extra $10.00. I'm liking this Killing Floor deal. I almost bought it yesterday, so maybe I'll snag it now.

linfosoma
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
You should grab Killing Floor, it's a great game.

EightySeven
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
wtf?

a weekend deal,boring,of course..

that doesn't work on Vista?

roflmao !

i believe(and hope..)that there will be another weekend deal soon :O

anno 1701 works fine on vista for me (non steam though)

DKill3r
08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
The deal indeed looks boring.:(

TeeKae421
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I might get this one. I really like the Civ4 series and I got Empire Earth a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it a lot.

sukach
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
1701 is a really weak deal..

Skaery
08-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Hmmm... I kinda hope we'll get another deal. Half price on a semi-old game is somewhat boring, imo.

velvetmeds
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
seems its a bad weekend, the WE deals on impulse are boring as well.

mind you, Anno is a good series. but this deal is meh..seriously.

fatpat268
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for saving my money for me steam. :)

ImBroken3A
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I like it.

klownkill
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
This is strange a weekend deal starting on a Thursday.

ChaosDwarf
08-20-2009, 05:28 PM
does not work on vista, i guess its a pass.

Skaery
08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
This is strange a weekend deal starting on a Thursday.
It's not the first time it's starting early.

Unfettered One
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Awesome! I had Dawn of Discovery added to my cart, and saw the insult that is a third party DRM, which of course prevents me, as an aware consumer, from buying it.

This is like a gift from the heavens! I can settle for the previous game...will probably run better too.

Firefun
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Awesome! I had Dawn of Discovery added to my cart, and saw the insult that is a third party DRM, which of course prevents me, as an aware consumer, from buying it.

This is like a gift from the heavens! I can settle for the previous game...will probably run better too.

I shed a tear when i read that :´)

No seriously, im glad on your way. :)

Unfettered One
08-20-2009, 05:49 PM
I shed a tear when i read that :´)

No seriously, im glad on your way. :)

Danke Schon!

I am really excited to try this series out, and since my PC is just BARELY sub-HL2 (Due to my videocard) I daresay 1701 will run better than Dawn of Discovery. Plus, by the time I am finsihed with the game, which I daresay will be 5-10 years, maybe Steam will wise up and require all publishers to add DRM-free games to Steam.

Cook1eMan
08-20-2009, 07:24 PM
This weekends deal is lame. Give us something good.

DoubleD
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
This weekends deal is lame. Give us something good.

To others it is good. ;)

ArecBalrin
08-20-2009, 07:55 PM
It's yet another deal where I would have purchased if there were assurances about the DRM or OS support.

What are publishers thinking? Don't they ever think there is a market for older games?

klownkill
08-20-2009, 07:56 PM
To others it is good. ;)I will get it if steam uploads a demo of the game for me to try before I commit a whopping $15.

Joe Molotov
08-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Has anyone confirmed whether or not this works on Vista?

Master_Odin
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anyone confirmed whether or not this works on Vista?
according to the posters in this thread it does (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945424)

TeeKae421
08-20-2009, 11:52 PM
I will get it if steam uploads a demo of the game for me to try before I commit a whopping $15.

There is a demo available from plenty of websites if you do a search for it.

Unfettered One
08-21-2009, 03:01 AM
To others it is good. ;)

Aye. For me, this is an incredible weekend deal, since I get to finally try this series out (apparently it's like Madden-big in Europe) for a reasonable price!

CarnageDark
08-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Hi

I already bought the game. But what kind of DRM does this game use? On the german description of the Game there is no DRM mentioned. If this game really has a DRM-System with limited activations or something like this, I never bought it.

Can someone pls explain which DRM system the game has and why it isn't mentioned in the description of the shoppage.

(sorry for my bad english)

bippukt
08-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Yes, no DRM mentioned when I look at the Store page. Is this game being confused for some other?

zpr23
08-21-2009, 06:55 AM
It is a good weekend deal.

ArecBalrin
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Please someone confirm the DRM status before the weekend deal is over.

Sine-`-.
08-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Please someone confirm the DRM status before the weekend deal is over.

I'm fairly confident the mix up is that someone mentioned the (strict) DRM in relation to Anno 1404, and since 1701 A.D. is also called Anno 1701 and by coincidence just took it to be they were talking about the weekend deal game.

Wiki mentions nothing for retail, if the store page doesn't mention anything then I'd say it's fine. It's not just a recently released title.

I'm still undecided on whether to go for it myself, as it's certainly cheaper, but not an instant-buy cheap. I'll give it some time.

AltairITA
08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Droplitz -80%

weeklong sale.

Firefun
08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404 has TAGES™ 3 machine activation limit.
And 1701A.D./Anno 1701 has no DRM as far as i know.

Kohlstream
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Droplitz -80%

weeklong sale.

Thanks for the heads up man.

freibooter
08-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Droplitz -80%

weeklong sale.

Very, very tempting at that price. It looks like a fun puzzler and reviews aren't bad either.

People on the Droplitz forum (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=643) are complaining about some bugs, though, it appears to be lacking some polish:
Dualcore game-speed issues, audio-issues on task-switching, achievements not unlocking, game not starting etc ...

... I would buy it at its asking price, but at the sale-price ... mhh ... as long as it works and gives me a couple of hours of casual coffee break fun, very tempting.

Mr. Bean
08-21-2009, 12:30 PM
=O uh oh I don't think I am able to resist Anno 1701, the game looks so good, and only for that price! I always wanted to play these games!
=O Also, Droplitz! I am happy:).

freibooter
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I bought and installed Droplitz wow: I'm experiencing just about every single bug previously reported.
Just starting it is not an option ... I simply got a black screen.
After fiddling with launch options found in the forum I actually managed to get it to run windowed, sadly the aspect ratio remains a little off.
This has to be the most current game made that still doesn't correctly work on a modern multicore system - without manually setting affinity game speed is absurdly high and basically unplayable.
And yes ... audio-glitches forced me to temporarily turn off in-game music.

The game itself seems to be fun but every single game-mode needs to be unlocked first.

With a lot more polish this could be an good game, without an update this is mostly for people that aren't easily frustrated and willing to put up with all its flaws and willing to spend some time reading up on launch options to get it to run.

marciohuser
08-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I just bought Droplitz too, in a "leap of faith". Too bad I didn't know about those bugs :-/
Lets see if we can work it out, because it looks fun (too bad there is no demo to try it out)

tonka
08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I bought Droplitz.

FK120
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
2 bucks isn't much. I'm sure they'll get everything sorted out if it doesn't work.

marciohuser
08-21-2009, 01:34 PM
2 bucks isn't much. I'm sure they'll get everything sorted out if it doesn't work.I agreed with that. That's why I bought it just by looking the trailer, since there is no demo

DoubleD
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Is Droplitz like Rocket Mania?

AltairITA
08-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Bought Droplitz.

Nice.

freibooter
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Even at its $2.60 pricetag (in Europe), by now I'm disappointed by Droplitz.

It clearly has a lot of very obvious bugs and even 2 months after its initial Steam release no patch is in sight or has been announced. Is it really too much to ask for a game to work as advertised these days?

Achievements are entirely broken for me (I met several criteria - not a single one triggered) and it took a lot of work to even get it to run ...

... and the fact that one has to manually fix affinity on each start disqualifies it as a quick and fun coffee break game :(

Why are we still letting developers serve us dog food and pay them for it?

veli64
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
The only good deal this weekend is Killing Floor, but just 10% off. Anyway it is a good game so I just bought it.

TempS
08-22-2009, 12:03 AM
There should be a Steam deal on Oblivion GOTY Edition Deluxe and or Mass Effect.

bippukt
08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
There should be a Steam deal on Oblivion GOTY Edition Deluxe and or Mass Effect.

I agree completely, sir :)

Unfettered One
08-22-2009, 12:43 AM

Not likely to happen I think.

TeeKae421
08-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Not likely to happen I think.

I don't think there has been any EA deals so far (not that I am bothered as UK still don't have access to the EA catalogue). But Fallout 3 was 50% off 2 months ago so Oblivion might be one day. Personally I wouldn't be that bothered as I have bought both games via retail.

DoubleD
08-22-2009, 06:05 AM
The only good deal this weekend is Killing Floor, but just 10% off. Anyway it is a good game so I just bought it.

I have yet to try that game. I was hoping for a free weekend to try it out. I stink without cross hairs. :)

epsylon_Z1
08-22-2009, 06:17 AM
I have yet to try that game. I was hoping for a free weekend to try it out. I stink without cross hairs. :)
I thought you already bought that.

DoubleD
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Nope not Killing Floor. :(

kakkerlak
08-22-2009, 06:26 AM
just make your own xhair.

but it is realy not an issue in killing floor you get used to it fast.
start as a medic and noone cares if you don't have aim ,just keep healing the team

epsylon_Z1
08-22-2009, 06:27 AM
I can hardly resist to buy KF.

DoubleD
08-22-2009, 06:49 AM
just make your own xhair.

but it is realy not an issue in killing floor you get used to it fast.
start as a medic and noone cares if you don't have aim ,just keep healing the team

Interesting.

I have been watching videos on youtube to get a feel for the game. Looks great.

kakkerlak
08-22-2009, 06:53 AM
old school half lifers should love the ritme of this game.

Europhoria
08-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Is Droplitz like Rocket Mania?

It's seems to be a combination of Rocket Mania and the puzzle component in Bioshock. It's fairly fun but can be a little annoying when you have absolutely no pathing options.

I haven't experienced any bugs yet and I had no idea the game has been on Steam for 2 months.

Edit: DAMNIT! I wasted my 1337 post :(. I wanted it to be something epic but alas :(.

Evil Cyborg 10
08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
This weekend deal has been really good, bought all the games.

DoubleD
08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
It's seems to be a combination of Rocket Mania and the puzzle component in Bioshock. It's fairly fun but can be a little annoying when you have absolutely no pathing options.

Thanks. I may go for it, only $1.99.

Mr. Bean
08-22-2009, 01:31 PM
:DI am so glad I bought 1701 A.D., it's well worth the price, even the full price! Wow what a gorgeous and fun game!
As for Droplitz, meh. I will need to play it more to see if it will get more fun.

jiMMyoNewAy
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I hope they put up Red Alert 3 on 60% of 49USD that they have right now and it would really be a fair deal than any discount i think

DoubleD
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Red Alert was a good series.

TempS
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
I hope they put up Red Alert 3 on 60% of 49USD that they have right now and it would really be a fair deal than any discount i think

Red Alert 3 is only 29.99$ on the Steam store... not sure what you're talking about.

acare84
08-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Red Alert 3 is only 29.99$ on the Steam store... not sure what you're talking about.

He/She is saying the truth. I am in Turkey and RA 3 is $49.99 on Steam in here. It is $29.99 on only NA. Electronic Arts hates Europe I think.

klownkill
08-24-2009, 01:48 AM
$49.99 HERE FOR ME AS WELL.

retrolock
08-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah, RA3 is only $30 in NA while the rest of the world has to pay $50 for that game.

AltairITA
08-24-2009, 03:41 AM

Italy : http://store.steampowered.com/app/17480/?cc=it

USA : http://store.steampowered.com/app/17480/?cc=us

Australia : http://store.steampowered.com/app/17480/?cc=au

just for example :)

Chapa9dj
08-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Also US$49,99 here in south america -.-

Roachz3
08-24-2009, 08:42 AM
its 49,99 EURO's in Netherlands.. wich comes down to $71,60 Dollars.. LOL

Firefun
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
its 49,99 EURO's in Netherlands.. wich comes down to $71,60 Dollars.. LOL

Yes.. same price here in Denmark. :rolleyes: But then again, I would´t buy it for $29.99 either. :)

ChaosDwarf
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
i jsut wish EA games wehre in steam UK >_<

Yoshiro
08-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I wish ea would bring more games to steam...

AltairITA
08-24-2009, 10:49 AM

whole C&C series would be nice

bippukt
08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
whole C&C series would be nice

I bought the whole C&C series upto C&C 3 tiberium wars for $20 at retail. A deal like that would be good :D

FK120
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Dont we all.

I wish everyone would bring their back catalog to steam so we actually have a single store where we can find and buy games, even the old ones.

crzycnuk
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Would love to see the reat of the IL-2 Sturmovik series as well as the Jane's Combat Fight Sims.

Alex DeLarge
08-24-2009, 07:10 PM
It'd be nice to see the publishers live up to their promises by actually releasing their back-catalogs rather than just a few new games here and there. This is directed at you EA/LucasArts/Square-Enix

DoubleD
08-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Talking about back-catalog games I would love to see Interstate 76 available on Steam.

RaYden
08-25-2009, 05:24 AM

I wish EA, Dice would bring the BF series to Steam
Blizzard could also bring the Starcraft 2 Beta to Steam but that's quite far fetched.

I don't really understand it tho ... Gabe being such a big fan of WoW you'd think he'd contact Blizzard himself and offer distribution

Talking about back-catalog games I would love to see Interstate 76 available on Steam.

Good idea I love that game. Its one old classic ... they should also bring Interstate 82 and make a bundle of them

Firefun
08-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Blizzard could also bring the Starcraft 2 Beta to Steam but that's quite far fetched.

I don't really understand it tho ... Gabe being such a big fan of WoW you'd think he'd contact Blizzard himself and offer distribution

I think Blizzard have there own plan with Battle.net 2.0 and Diablo3/Starcraft2/WoW

RaYden
08-25-2009, 10:28 AM
True but extra distribution methods never hurt.

DoubleD
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
True but extra distribution methods never hurt.

Competition is always good. ;)

bippukt
08-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Competition is always good. ;)

But it will have the downside of having to remember too many IDs and passwords :eek:

klownkill
08-25-2009, 11:06 PM
But it will have the downside of having to remember too many IDs and passwords :eek:I have all my digital sites on a spreed sheet. So no need to remember ids and passwords as the computer does that for you.

bippukt
08-25-2009, 11:08 PM
I have all my digital sites on a spreed sheet. So no need to remember ids and passwords as the computer does that for you.

And you have secured that spreadsheet with a password of your own? Not a bad idea. I do that for my retail CD keys already - don't know when the manuals might just disappear.

Mangr0v3
08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I have an Access Database for my CD-Keys. klownkill, you might want to look into something like KeePass.

klownkill
08-26-2009, 12:36 AM
And you have secured that spreadsheet with a password of your own? Not a bad idea. I do that for my retail CD keys already - don't know when the manuals might just disappear.Yes it is secured.

TempS
08-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I've been unimpressed by the weekend deals lately. I mean, with the exception of the Half-Life/Half-Life 2 complete deal that was available... there hasn't really been much in the way of interesting weekend deals. Anno 1782 or whatever? Come on... lol.

Need like... Mass Effect, Oblivion, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal maybe, or something fun like that to go on sale. Fallout 3 would be cool too, but I want the new expansions and stuff to come with it. GTA4 would be good.

Ginge
08-26-2009, 04:13 AM
I've been unimpressed by the weekend deals lately. I mean, with the exception of the Half-Life/Half-Life 2 complete deal that was available... there hasn't really been much in the way of interesting weekend deals. Anno 1782 or whatever? Come on... lol.

Need like... Mass Effect, Oblivion, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal maybe, or something fun like that to go on sale. Fallout 3 would be cool too, but I want the new expansions and stuff to come with it. GTA4 would be good.

Most of those games have already been on sale, not that long ago either I must add.

bippukt
08-26-2009, 05:52 AM
I have an Access Database for my CD-Keys. klownkill, you might want to look into something like KeePass.

Thanks for that. I downloaded it and I think I will use it. I have a few bad security habits, but this should cure that :)

jello
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Since it got an achievement update, Garry’s Mod at 75% off would be cool as the next WD. :)

DoubleD
08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
But it will have the downside of having to remember too many IDs and passwords :eek:

I have mine all typed up and printed in a small booklet. All my information is there, ID & PW for web sites and forums along with banking info, credit card info, I even keep my SS Card in the booklet. It stays in the drawer of my desk along with my check book.

bippukt
08-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I have mine all typed up and printed in a small booklet. All my information is there, ID & PW for web sites and forums along with banking info, credit card info, I even keep my SS Card in the booklet. It stays in the drawer of my desk along with my check book.

I can't rule out the possibility of somebody deliberately or accidentally discovering the booklet, if I make one. Even my debit card PIN is known to 2 other people, and they are not my parents/wife

I like the idea of KeePass and have started using it from today. It even allows you to automatically type in your passwords! I will just have to keep that one file safe, or make a printout of it :)

Even CD-keys can go in there. Also that program has been completely firewalled from accessing the network, even though it hasn't tried to do so. No bank accounts in there, though :)

DoubleD
08-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I can't rule out the possibility of somebody deliberately or accidentally discovering the booklet,

I keep the drawer of my desked locked and the key is with me. When you have a family and more importantly have kids you learn to keep things locked up.

I even have a safe but I bought that more to store important papers in there incase of fire. And yes I keep copies of my ID's and PW for all things in there as well.

Every home owner should get one of these safes. They are not that expensive.

bippukt
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I keep the drawer of my desked locked and the key is with me. When you have a family and more importantly have kids you learn to keep things locked up.

I even have a safe but I bought that more to store important papers in there incase of fire. And yes I keep copies of my ID's and PW for all things in there as well.

Every home owner should get one of these safes. They are not that expensive.

Hmm...you have got me thinking for sure...Maybe I will make a hard copy of the data and put it safely away. And use KeePass for easy access. I keep my bank papers etc safely, it can go there.

Joe Molotov
08-26-2009, 03:20 PM

The lesser known games are the ones that need to go on sale the most. It gives them more exposure, and lessens the "risk" for gamers who want to try something new. People already know about Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3; they already know whether they're interested in it or not, and if they are then they've probably already paid full price for them a long time ago. 80% off Droplitz is more interesting a sale than 50% off Mass Effect, to me.

You wanna talk about boring sales, the Half-Life one was easily the most boring in a long time. People are still holding out for a price-drop to get HL1/2, really? Really?

Akudama89
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
You wanna talk about boring sales, the Half-Life one was easily the most boring in a long time. People are still holding out for a price-drop to get HL1/2, really? Really?

According to the weekly sales that week, yup

DoubleD
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM

There are many folk's that still have not played some or any of the Half-Life games. The sale was a great deal for that collection.

I paid $35 back in 1999 for HL1 and then another $25 for OP4 in 2000. I still have the retail boxes for them. Oh and Blue Shift as well. ;) I think I paid around $25 or so for that as well in 2001.

bippukt
08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
There are many folk's that still have not played some or any of the Half-Life games. The sale was a great deal for that collection.

I am one those folk. I got the Orange Box last year, but I didn't have the original HL, and was actually holding out on playing HL2 full time. I bought all the HL1 and HL1 source related games (minus CS). Cost me around $8, I think :D

And it was a VERY good bargain for me. I am still playing HL source, and have finally managed to reach "Interloper". It's difficult to believe that this game was made in 1998. Bloody good bargain!

DoubleD
08-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Half-Life was my first FPS and I got hooked. I loved the "On the Rails" chapter.

bippukt
08-27-2009, 06:49 AM
I already have enough games to play for the time being so I am hoping for bad weekend deals for the next few weeks :p

Half-Life was my first FPS and I got hooked. I loved the "On the Rails" chapter.

Mine was Doom, and I was hooked on to it for a very long time. My friend had Half Life, but unfortunately it was very difficult for us to play. We didn't have the internet and we did not know how to play using keyboard+mouse. It was unbelievably difficult, I can tell you that. Imagine coming up against a blue laser and not having any ammo other than the crowbar :eek:

EDIT - HL finished!!! Nihilanth was easier than his cronies, IMO.

Dr. Host
08-27-2009, 06:51 AM
What will be promoting this weekend ?

james_2k
08-27-2009, 07:11 AM

ach! i hated that one. wasnt it full of vorts?

Unfettered One
08-27-2009, 07:18 AM
I went ape-♥♥♥♥ over the 1701 deal...I had been curious about the series, and was actually going to buy Dawn of Discovery the day before for $50, until I found out they made their game unbuyable by including a 3rd party DRM. So, the announcement of 1701 for $15 seemed like fate to me!

PS, my prediction for the weekend deal this week is Fuel for 50% off, or Ghost Recon Complete 75% off.

DoubleD
08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
ach! i hated that one. wasnt it full of vorts?

And soldiers.

I went ape-♥♥♥♥ over the 1701 deal..

The screen shots of the game look amazing. I just don't have that much time at one sitting for a great game like this. :(

james_2k
08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
hmm, yeah wasnt my fave

AltairITA
08-27-2009, 08:03 AM

is VERY HARD to choose the "best level"..for me,after 10 years and after have finished the game 50 or more times..every level is ALWAYS beautiful for me.

but.. Surface Tension is a masterpiece,for me.

extremely various and ABSOLUTELY NOT BORING.

"soldiers camp...destroyed fields,destroyed costrunctions...
the bridge..helycopters..New Mexico desert(damn,i love it!)..
and..how about the mined zone,the "c4-zone"? *_*

*goplayingHalfLifeagain" xD

DoubleD
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm still hoping fopr more Indie games.

paratech2008
08-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm still hoping fopr more Indie games.

I just wish they would let us pick a few Ala cart instead of making us buy them in a specific bundle.

KyrenCross
08-27-2009, 09:30 AM
My Weekend Deal Wish List:

Hitman Pack
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Pack
Vampire Masquerade Pack
Deus Ex Pack
Titan Quest Gold

I would love to add them to my collection. Well I can only Wish ^_^

epsylon_Z1
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Vampire Masquerade Pack

like a "bloody" pack ?
BloodRayne + BloodRayne 2 + Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines

DoubleD
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Surprising I never got to play Deus Ex. That would be a good sale.

TherapyFailed
08-27-2009, 10:05 AM
What i wish for:

-Condition Zero
-Garry's mod

I know they are cheap already but still need a little "bump" to actually buy this. They might be fun.

TheH2s
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope they drop Beyond Good & Evil. I didn't get in on the deal the last time because I didn't use Steam back then and now I'm kicking myself for it. This is probably my favorite game ever.

bippukt
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Surprising I never got to play Deus Ex. That would be a good sale.

Agree! I also want to try that game.

AltairITA
08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I hope they drop Beyond Good & Evil. I didn't get in on the deal the last time because I didn't use Steam back then and now I'm kicking myself for it. This is probably my favorite game ever.

but..it's only 4,99 € in Europe...4,99 in UK and 9,99 $ in USA..

i Hope that the weekend deal will focus on more expensive games.. ;)

TheH2s
08-27-2009, 10:52 AM
but..it's only 4,99 € in Europe...4,99 in UK and 9,99 $ in USA..

i Hope that the weekend deal will focus on more expensive games.. ;)

Ok fine I'll be less selfish...but just for this weekend. :)

james_2k
08-27-2009, 11:27 AM
like a "bloody" pack ?
BloodRayne + BloodRayne 2 + Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines

ew! do not taint the almighty Bloodlines by including it with those cheap arcade games!

Akudama89
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Apparently it's 25% off the THQ Collector Pack

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2023/

$289.87
$99.99
-$25.00 Individual price
Package price
Weekend Deal! sAVE 25%

$74.99Cost to you

$214.88You save

sciss0rz
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Not a bad deal as they added DoW2 to the bundle, unless you're German and get a lot less.

Joe Molotov
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Hopefully, there will be more. Then again, I really don't have any money this weekend, so...

retrolock
08-27-2009, 12:21 PM
I'll be saving money again... :D

Frow
08-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Already have Stalker, and GOW2 is the only one I really want, but I have to say seems like a nice deal.

&T: Source
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Well I got the relic super pack when it was on the deal. Nothing else I want from THQ.

Spidery_Yoda
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Hmm that pack is a bit worthless for me because I already have CoH+OF, Dawn of War 1 and STALKER.

Oh well never mind.

epsylon_Z1
08-27-2009, 12:33 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935109 here we go again.

velvetmeds
08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
erm. terrible! how about a discount on the games themlseves too?

somebody
08-27-2009, 12:42 PM
"Now inclues Dawn of War II"
Seems Valve also makes mistakes.

sciss0rz
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM

Maybe Valve has a raging clue?

Cedge
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Let's not have that stupid "pack" discussion again. It's not going anywhere.

Huh?

epsylon_Z1
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
missing
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20540/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20530/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20550/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9480/

*VeLeRoN*
08-27-2009, 12:55 PM
SR2 is (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/iigor/sr2_pc2009-02-2821-54-15-12.jpg) a cool (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/iigor/sr2_pc2009-03-0420-55-24-25.jpg) game (http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/iigor/sr2_pc2009-02-2823-23-47-76.jpg), but so laggy on the pc. I would still highly recommed buying it though, it's fun (you have to activate retail copies on steam - another way if you can find it cheaper).

KyrenCross
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
They should have added individual discounts so people can choose what they want. Well think of the positives, at least I saved money this week ^_^

Chapa9dj
08-27-2009, 01:01 PM
missing

Heh, SR2.
GTA IV for PC perform way better than that.
What a waste of money i made on that.
Honestly, I still can't believe i spend $40 bucks on that trash.

On the other hand, i would really like to see this game on weekend deal someday.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2610/
Or COD4:MW.

linfosoma
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Just got Chaos Theory, let me know if someone's up for some multiplayer!
(Steam ID: linfosoma)

acare84
08-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Great deal to save my money in my pocket. I hope we will see better deal next weekend :p

FK120
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Already have most of it, don't have the stuff i couldn't care less about.

ChaosDwarf
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
i have all the games in the pack, except for Juiced 2 and Front lines

Chapa9dj
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Great deal to save my money in my pocket. I hope we will see better deal next weekend :p

The feeling is mutual.
Good ammount of money saved :D

FourTwenny
08-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Bah i knew this would happen. Few weekend ago i bought the relic super pack, i wanted to wait because i knew i would have grabbed the THQ pack if it went on sale.

No gift option, no purchase for me. If i could gift the 5 games i already own in this pack i would grab it in a heartbeat. Oh well.

dot123
08-27-2009, 02:31 PM
(*Full Spectrum Warrior games not available in Germany - sorry but still a great deal, right?)

No!

But i like that Valve is now telling what some customers are missing, so thx for that improvement. If ud now mark all cencored games too then id be happy :)

Zorlac
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Too bad about the deal, if we could gift extras I'd jump on that in a second.

linfosoma
08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't feel like spending $79 bucks in games, but it's still a good deal.

Gray Wolf
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
this is a damn good deal but it completely ♥♥♥♥s over everyone who bought during the Relic weekend deal a few weeks ago :|

CynicalNinja
08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Why doesn't the THQ Collector Pack have Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (http://store.steampowered.com/app/20540/) or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (http://store.steampowered.com/app/20510/)?

JUDOHAWK
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Meh, I have none of the games, and they look good. But I don't really have the money to spend 75 dollars on some games at one time right now. Otherwise I would.

ohfive
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Why doesn't the THQ Collector Pack have Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (http://store.steampowered.com/app/20540/) or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (http://store.steampowered.com/app/20510/)?

Clear Sky wasn't published by THQ.

Skaery
08-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I hope we'll see a another deal. A large expensive pack deal is kinda dull.
At least Ubisoft has released more of their titles on Steam with 10% discounts - I might have a look at some of them.

karnthebetrayer
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
It would be really nice to see a genre deal. Like FPS or Racing or something. Or maybe anything worth buying for that matter.

Also they need to start allowing us to gift whatever games we already have. I don't like paying for a pack and the games I already own go to waste. Which I why I don't buy packs usually.

Ginge
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Looks like this deal will be the ultimate time for Valve to gain money and not give anything for it.

CannibalBob
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Grrr it's a good deal for that price, but for some reason THQ decides to include COH plus OF and completely neglect to include the 2nd expansion, COV.

On a more positive note, I'm glad they finally got around to including Soulstorm to WH40k. They still need to update the "relic pack" to include Soulstorm and COV, though.

Huh, I did not know THQ published Saints Row 2 and RF series. I'd definitely buy the pack if it actually had all the THQ games in it. RF is a mediocre shooter but fun regardless and SR2 was actually pretty fun and cool; improved a lot of missing features from the GTA series.

I want to play WH40k (original; don't care too much about the 2nd) and CoH but I guess I have to wait for xmas for a deal. It's not like I don't have enough games to play :p

Draek
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I would've bought this in a heart beat, if I hadn't already bought the entire CoH and DoW series during the past Relic weekend.

Oh well, Titan Quest looks dull and I've heard Frontlines' multiplayer is a barren wasteland, so I guess its no big loss.

Most importantly, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is finally here! and at just $8.99! w00t!

XDaveyboyX
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
If I'm honest this weekend makes me feel kind of ripped off. I'd picked up the relic stuff a couple of weekends back, and in fact bought Titan Quest Gold last week.

The Titan Quest thing is an unfortunate coincidence but I think the timing based on the relic super pack/company of heroes/dawn of war deal recently is a bit off. Plus I've just remembered that Dawn of War 2 was half price as well.