PDA

View Full Version : func_tracktrain

Kris2456
09-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm having a lot of problems using this entity.

I have a platform that moves along a curved path of path_track's. The player pushes a button, and the platform moves to the end of the track, waits for 10s and then reverses back to it's original position, and the whole system resets.

In any case, the player does not directly control the platform. To make it go forwards i use StartForwards, and to stop i use Stop. This works great, and the platform moves fine. However, when i try and use Reverse, the platform just sits there.

I have changed all of the path_track's new speed variables to a non zero value but that does not work. StartBackwards works, but it makes the platform spin around 180 to face the direction of motion. Also, i need the platform to face in the direction of motion, so turning off rotation isn't an option.

Anyone got a solution?

Frodo Greenman
09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Not sure I understand what you are asking but in the path_tracks 'Orientation type' is set to 'No Change? If not try it.

DasMatze
09-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe Reverse works when you use StartBackward after that.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Func_tracktrain:
Backward movement

Due to coding errors or engine limitations, the Reverse and StartBackward may not function correctly if the "New Train Speed" property in the involved path_track entities is set to 0. The train may fail to reverse, jamming in place or moving in the wrong direction. To solve this issue, some or all of the path_tracks must have their "New Train Speed" variable set to a nonzero value.

DasMatze

Kris2456
09-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks, changing the values to "near path_track" worked great!