PDA

View Full Version : Reporting account thief

Burning
11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't know where else to report this. There is a user called Vac Moderator. Here is our conversation:
Never tell your password to anyone.
Idle Threats and Bad Poetry: Who are you?
Vac Moderator: This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration to help us verify the validity of your Steam account ownership. Please respond with your account name, password, and
e-mail address which is registered to this account in the following format: [Account]/[Password]/[E-mail]. Failure to comply with this request will result in the immediate
suspension of your account until further notice.
Signed, The Steam Support Team
To contact us, email automation@support.steampowered.com
Idle Threats and Bad Poetry: You are trying to steal someone's personal information. How do you sleep at night? You deserve to be thrown behind bards.
Vac Moderator is now Offline.

Naturally, I meant for him to be thrown behind bars, as I doubt throwing him behind Shakespeare's ilk would be productive.

Adradis
11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
I dunno: If the bard has an angry crowd chasing him, it works. Contact Support with the information.

ÁR╝
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
you should have gotten his community page...ANYBODY can change their name to VAC MODERATOR.

We can't help you, but the people at valve can.

_Tagy_
11-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I've encountered him as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/098079789789789
http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolzzkt1.png

Pottydodger
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
This is used over and over again by many people and the fact of the matter is there are fools who do what they are told, regardless of any warnings. There are numberous threads and suggestions about it in the ideas/suggestions forum. Unfortunately account phishing is to easy to do and far to successful, player that aren't aware of the problem are the bunnies that get owned and usually vac banned.

What I do is give them a false steam account name and password, then they have to logout to try it and log back in, they think you are a bunny and spelled one wrong and come back for another go. Keeps me amused and them busy with me and not pawning a 12 y.o.

Adam$$
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
new thief !!!

vac 2 logout - i created a new thread for him in steam community discussion