PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 Dedicated Servers :(

KuwaitGroup
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Dear Members ,

I Just got the game for xbox 360 , its great I Love IT !!!

the only problem is the dedicated servers , what the... ?

im from kuwait , and im hosting my Private server and invite friends near me , i seem to get red bad latency ( bad Connection status) on the game . isnt it like call of duty , where you can host a server yourself and get an excellent connection with people in your country joining you , do i have to join a dedicated server in the US. truly ruined the game for international players. :(((((

what do you guys think ?

is there a solution for this problem ?

thank you

funnehman
11-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Dear Members ,

I Just got the game for xbox 360 , its great I Love IT !!!

the only problem is the dedicated servers , what the... ?

im from kuwait , and im hosting my Private server and invite friends near me , i seem to get red bad latency ( bad Connection status) on the game . isnt it like call of duty , where you can host a server yourself and get an excellent connection with people in your country joining you , do i have to join a dedicated server in the US. truly ruined the game for international players. :(((((

what do you guys think ?

is there a solution for this problem ?

thank you

This would go better in the Xbox L4D forums, but there are no dedicated servers for Xbox Live games, they're always hosted on a(seemingly random) player's xbox. It might try to choose the one with the best connection but that rarely works. I don't know what to tell you.

KuwaitGroup
11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Not really , its soo strange it does run on dedicated servers... which SUCKS !!!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169669

Above link says it.

the problem is , im hosting a server for me and my friends only so i wont have any problem with ping issues and they are all near me , then when i start hosting , it searches for the dedicated server O.o ? starts the game with a really bad ping for even me the host :s, why i cant i host the server my self like CoD where im the server. it seems that it connects on a server in the states , where im in kuwait , i get really really bad laaag :( .
i hope steam would work on a update for xbox 360

StickyBee
11-21-2008, 08:17 PM
there are some XB games which use dedicated servers, BF Bad company and L4d both.

Silicon Vampire
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Steam and related game updates are for the PC only.

I've moved this from the PC to the XBox L4D forums...

KuwaitGroup
11-21-2008, 11:34 PM
We Also get game updates on the xbox 360 , but regarding the dedicated servers, truly ruined the game :(

Tango1ndiaTango
11-22-2008, 01:47 AM
The servers for the 360 are dedicated servers.
You can tell by simply reading the text at the top of the screen.
The majority of the servers are probably NA based.
If you wish to host locally, you will most likely have to LAN via a system link.
Try a program like XBConnect.

KuwaitGroup
11-22-2008, 04:18 AM
The servers for the 360 are dedicated servers.
You can tell by simply reading the text at the top of the screen.
The majority of the servers are probably NA based.
If you wish to host locally, you will most likely have to LAN via a system link.
Try a program like XBConnect.

Yea Truly Hate That , its not like Call of duty :( ... such a prefect game too bad...

but yea let me check out xbconnect.

thank you

Nomad Trooper
11-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I prefer the dedicated server.
One people can join and quit with absolutely no lag.
Two, Your host will not start to lag ruining the game for everyone i.e TF2.
Three, no host advantage in versus (I hate that).
Four, my ping can be red and everything is still running smoothly.
Five, (I'm not sure about this one) its less likely that someone can flood your IP to make you lag on purpose.

Now if they do change this I hope they make it an option, because dedicated servers have worked better for me.